Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

PS3 Problem

I bought a PS3 from Gamestation in November preowned

I have had no problems with it up until a few days ago. Games were playing but were having trouble loading initially & when the game was being played, sometimes the saving or loading process would stop the game. I would the have to remove the disc give it a clean re insert and the game would 50% chance start up where I had just left off.

Anyway this got gradually worse when 3 days ago I decided I needed 2 buy a blue ray cleaning disc, which I inserted today. Cleaned the lense and it worked like a dream.

Unfortunately after an hour or so, the damn thing did it again, stalled whilst trying to load whilst I was playing. I cleaned the disk & Gave the PS3 another clean and now the bloody thing won't read anything!

What to do? Any advice appreciated as I am pulling my hair out now. :angry:

I bought a PS3 from Gamestation in November preowned

I have had no problems with it up until a few days ago. Games were playing but were having trouble loading initially & when the game was being played, sometimes the saving or loading process would stop the game. I would the have to remove the disc give it a clean re insert and the game would 50% chance start up where I had just left off.

Anyway this got gradually worse when 3 days ago I decided I needed 2 buy a blue ray cleaning disc, which I inserted today. Cleaned the lense and it worked like a dream.

Unfortunately after an hour or so, the damn thing did it again, stalled whilst trying to load whilst I was playing. I cleaned the disk & Gave the PS3 another clean and now the bloody thing won't read anything!

What to do? Any advice appreciated as I am pulling my hair out now. :angry:

Is it full of dust? well ventilated? Try hoovering the thing?

I have one of the initial release versions and I hoover mine on a regular basis and it runs fine!

I have one of the initial release versions and I hoover mine on a regular basis and it runs fine!

Hoover it? lol

I had the same problem with my 360 a while back I just bought one of them air canisters for about £8 and blasted the whole canister in to every orifice.

No problems since.

Hoover it? lol

I had the same problem with my 360 a while back I just bought one of them air canisters for about £8 and blasted the whole canister in to every orifice.

No problems since.

So u rekon it is prob a dust problem??? x my fingers! Air canister? E-bay...

That's not fixed what ever is wrong, cheers anyway :thumbup:

Any other thoughts????

Could be the disc drive mate, are you given any error codes when you attempt to play a game?

My mates disc drive went on his, well the laser inside it broke, the one that reads the discs.

Sounds like a laser problem.

Look, you can get a 360 elite from Sainsbury's with three free games for £200.

Look at the releases for next year...

FFXIII, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, AvP, God of War 3 in Q1.

All of these are multiformat apart from Mass Effect 2 and GoW3. Mmmm, go with a 360 and get Mass Effect 2.

Leave the PS3 to one side until the end of March and hope it plays GoW3 without any problems.

Let's face it, what else in 2010 is worth waiting for as a PS3 exclusive?

Maybe 2011 will be the year of the PS3. :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived