Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts CD Swap Week 1

1. Light Out (Spor Remix) - Hadouken!

2. Deceptacon - Le Tigre

3. Little Kids (Ladytron Fruits Of The Forest Mix) - Kings Of Convenience

4. Something Golden (Heartbreak Remix) - Le Corps Mince De Francoise

5. Salt Air (Alex Kapranos Remix) - Chew Lips

6. I Can Talk (French Horn Rebellion Remix) - Two Door Cinema Club

7. I Love London (Brackles Remix) - Crystal Fighters

8. Dance Till Dawn - Hearts Revolution

9. Thunderbird - The Golden Filter

10. Ambling Alp - Yeasayer

11. Seventeen - Marina And The Diamonds

12. Evening/Morning - Bombay Bicycle Club

13. Under The Sheets - Ellie Goulding

14. This Is Not The Fire - My Tiger My Timing

Rare that I would download someone else's playlist but seeing that I really like the bands/songs I know on here I think I will give it a try.

Congratulations, you officially have good taste in music...

Rare that I would download someone else's playlist but seeing that I really like the bands/songs I know on here I think I will give it a try.

Congratulations, you officially have good taste in music...

I've been saying this for years but no one believes me!

Here comes part 1.

1. Hadouken - I like Hadouken as much as I like smashing my face into a pebbledashed wall. I've heard this song lots on the radio already (admittedly, not this mix) They nick lines and riffs from 20 year old songs and are about as refreshingly original as Robbie Williams. Sorry.

2. Deceptacon - Le Tigre. This is a grower. I always like a band with a strong bass guitar riff and a screaming girl. Similar to Bis, whom I always love. I quite like this and could stand to here more.

3. Little Kids - Kings of Convenience. Hmmm, see the Ladytron influence here, but this is the worst thing that Ladytron have ever been involved with. Fortunately that doesn't make it rubbish, just not brillaint.

4. Something Golden - Le Corps Mince de Francais. I've played this one through several times now and I can't tell if it's a grower, or if I'm really (and I mean REALLY) gonna hate it! I suspect the later, so maybe okay in small doses? :dunno:

5. Salt Air - Chew Lips. I think I like this - it's usually bad if I immediately know instantly that I love something anyway... I usually end up hating it. I don't hate this.

6. I Can Talk - Two Door Cinema Club. Crap band name and mediocre sound. So inoffensive, it's actually offensive. 2.58... no, I gotta turn it off.

7. I Love London - Crystal Fighters. - And I hate this. :angry:

8. Dance Till Dawn - Heartsrevolution. This I am liking some more. Could have been a little more upbeat though.

9. Thunderbird - The Golden Filter. Again, I'd need to listen to this some more.

10. Ambling Alps - Yeasayer. I've heard this a few times on the radio already. The singer's voice reminds me of someone, but I can't think who except that it was someone I don't like.

11. Seventeen - Marina and the Diamonds - Couldn't find on Spotify, but found on YouYube. Sound's like Hollywood :dunno: I really don't see what all the fuss is about her.

Part 2. Let's see if you can save this in injury time Smuts :P

12. Evening/Morning - Bombay Bicycle Club. Now I always thought I didn't like Bombay Bicycle Club (for starters there name is a little pretentious, but thats just me.) but the more I listen to this, the more I like it. I especially like the Peter Hookesque bassline. In fact I like it a lot!

13. Under the Sheets - Ellie Goulding. Sorry, I can't forgive her for this...

I HATE when singers think that going "whoooaaa", "ooooohhhh" and "aaaaaahhhhh" between words is putting emotion into the song. If you're a truly gifted singer the emotion comes in the tone/intensity/timbre of the words. It's that simple.

Having said that, this really reminds me of Bjork, but Bjork after she went crap and all commercial. An interesting voice doing crap songs.

14. This Is Not The Fire - My Tiger My Timing. Interesting, but is it interesting enough. I mean, it's interesting in the way that watching ladies cricket might be interesting for a few minutes, but then I'll switch channel, just to see if there's any good adverts on. But then I might tune back cos one of the lady cricketers was a bit tasty... but then she gets bowled out and a minger strides out of the pavillion and there nothing worse than a minger in pads! Even the helmet and faceguard can't hide the level of her mingingness. So I reach for the remote and I realise that the Aussie bowler ain't bad as her long, lithe, athletic legs thunder into the bowling crease. And yet, it's still women's cricket... the highest scorer's gonna be the extras column. The remote flicks, I've lost interest, but the news comes on tell me how brilliant the England women's cricket team are and how well they are performing and I feel compelled to switch back, and... get this... I'm not even perving! :o So it's back to the England women's cricket and one of the girls makes a stunning drive up the deep gully. This however will not prevent me from ultimately falling asleep as the girls waddle back to the pavillion adjusting their boxes. THAT, is how interesting this song was and I feel I have reviewed if comprehensively.

Fell free to rip into my effort, I get the feeling you won't like it much :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived