Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
haraven

Amiga nostalgia

Let me begin the show, I think this is one of the demos I watched the most;

Cryptoburners from Norway, The Hunt for 7th october - released 1990:

Crionics and The Silents from Denmark, Hardwired

Sanity from Germany, Intereference

Speak up if there are other sceners from Amiga 80's and 90's out there... ;)

"We who know what Razor 1911 really is"

Tell me you were a member of one of the UK democrews (Anarchy, LSD ... ) and I will add you as friend and never speaketh against thee :P

No - at the time my abilities were limited to the wonderful way you could get the computer to say "bollocks", "wank" and "cunt". :blush:

Good shout there, played that game a bit.

Scoopex, Mental Hangover

No - at the time my abilities were limited to the wonderful way you could get the computer to say "bollocks", "wank" and "cunt". :blush:

:crylaugh:

Who didn't love the speak what you type-programme of amiga!

John Barnes European football

Graham gooch world class cricket

Sensible World Of Soccer

Heimdall

North And South

Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker

Small selection of games i grew up with on the Amiga

:thumbup: All good :D North and South was a classic, and Sensible soccer was amazing.

Just been looking at some amiga websites , how could i possibly forget Speedball 2 !!

• 5 years later...

For anybody else who remembers the old Amiga, I've found a really great PC emulator

http://fs-uae.net/

It not only plays every game i've tried spot on, but it also scans your games directory and automatically sets the games up and downloads box art and information on the games. It also works really well with PS4 controllers plugged into your PC, and has support for playing with your mates over the internet.

If anybody wants a hand getting this set up I'd be happy to write some sort of guide, you just need to create an account on the Open Amiga Game Database website for the game scanning, download a set of the kickstart roms, and you are golden. Been having no end of fun with this the past few nights.

This is one of the first game's I can remember playing too, never got very far but it was scary as hell as a small kid!

It was the part where you had to click the mouse fast to run away from the freak, oh my god it gave me nightmares

Never had an Amiga but I fondly remember Nightbreed, Lotus Turbo Challenge, the Dizzy games (including Fastfood Dizzy), Lemmings, Sensible Soccer - there was some great games on the system

Had the Amiga 1200 for a LONG time, it's what got me into PC gaming.

Check out http://www.gog.com/for all your retro gaming needs.

Used to play a Soccer Kid, Cannon Fodder, Monkey Island, Sensible Soccer and The Chaos Engine all the time. They literally don't make them like they used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived