Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Tagging Photos

On Flickr and Facebook, it's possible to hover over a face and read the names.

I want to do this on a bunch of group photo's and have them on my family tree web site.

I can't find anything on Google so far. Anyone know how his is done?

Pn Facebook, when you're on the photo, underneath there should be an option to "Tag this photo" or something. Click on it, find the person on your friend list, and then show whereabouts in the photo the person is by dragging the box.

Thanks Potter, it's not something I want to do on Facebook but on a picture that I wish to publish elsewhere.

Actually since I wrote this, I think I've found out that it's called image mapping, so I need to research that.

Thanks Potter, it's not something I want to do on Facebook but on a picture that I wish to publish elsewhere.

Actually since I wrote this, I think I've found out that it's called image mapping, so I need to research that.

Ah, misread it as you wanted to do it on Facebook or Flickr, my bad.

From what I've now read, it can be done with Dreamweaver by creating hotspots on the image and assigning text to those hotspots.

My problem is now finding the bloody page because the site uses Mysql databases. I need to download the page that the image appears on and edit in Dreamweaver. Argggh! I've had a look in the cpanel database options and I can't see where the tables are stored. Any ideas Dan?

From what I've now read, it can be done with Dreamweaver by creating hotspots on the image and assigning text to those hotspots.

My problem is now finding the bloody page because the site uses Mysql databases. I need to download the page that the image appears on and edit in Dreamweaver. Argggh! I've had a look in the cpanel database options and I can't see where the tables are stored. Any ideas Dan?

Tables to MySQL databases are stored in phpMyAdmin.

Archived