Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Google Buzz

Anyone tried it?

Its supposed to be a cross between Facebook and Twitter but seems to be lacking some features atm! I can't see it picking up to be honest but we'll see! One good thing that I can see coming out of it is mainly for mobile use where they "buzz" you if there are delays on the tube/rail etc. Or if you wanted to meet a group of mates and they "buzz" you a location on the google maps. But you need a pretty decent phone to make use of it.

BBC Report

Google Buzz

Anyone tried it?

Its supposed to be a cross between Facebook and Twitter but seems to be lacking some features atm! I can't see it picking up to be honest but we'll see! One good thing that I can see coming out of it is mainly for mobile use where they "buzz" you if there are delays on the tube/rail etc. Or if you wanted to meet a group of mates and they "buzz" you a location on the google maps. But you need a pretty decent phone to make use of it.

BBC Report

Google Buzz

Read the reports - doesn't really offer anything greatly new does it? It will be used by enough people no doubt, but whether it actually takes off is another thing.

Read the reports - doesn't really offer anything greatly new does it? It will be used by enough people no doubt, but whether it actually takes off is another thing.

It'll take some major advances to step beyond Twitter and FB.

We already have loads of these hybrid social network sites that people view as second division, Bebo, Windows Live, Friends Reunited, bolt, habbo, maybe even myspace to a degree!

Googles increasingly desperate attempts to get into the social networking arena make me laugh, anyone remember google wave? anyone actually using it?

They've missed that boat.

I got wave, though as you say, hardly ever use it. Seemed to take an eternity to roll out and because so few adopted it that it was kinda pointless.

Pity because some of the additional features were quite good.

It'll take some major advances to step beyond Twitter and FB.

We already have loads of these hybrid social network sites that people view as second division, Bebo, Windows Live, Friends Reunited, bolt, habbo, maybe even myspace to a degree!

Myspace is definitely second rate these days, I dont know anyone who still uses it to talk to people. It's only use now is for music.

Archived