Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Heavy Rain

Out on the 24th Feb I believe and it looks amazing! This is my to buy list!

I was looking at some videos last night and I was simply taken back by how good it looks. I really feel that the PS3 is really really starting to show its worth looking at some of the games that are being released.

Videos are here: http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/811/811232/vids_1.html

Played demo, it was absolutely thrilling. So dark, it's like a really good CSI episode or something.

Graphics are dated however so I cant understand the hype for them, the game looks 2 or 3 years old at least, despite the actual art direction and design being brilliant.

I enjoyed the first scene of the demo but thought the second was a little dull. Spent a lot of time just wandering around looking around not sure what I was doing. On the whole though it's not bad and reminds me of Farenheit on the PS2 if anyone remembers that?

I enjoyed the first scene of the demo but thought the second was a little dull. Spent a lot of time just wandering around looking around not sure what I was doing. On the whole though it's not bad and reminds me of Farenheit on the PS2 if anyone remembers that?

Made by the same folks. Agreed on the demo however.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this earlier. There's a big update as soon as you pop it in the machine (around 260mb) so have only managed to get about an hours playing time.

There's a lot of interaction in the game and the graphics are stunning, only problem is though, the loading time between changing characters is quite slow and the players move slowly as well, other than that, so far, so good.

Completed this last night. :angry:

Really pissed off about this actually, I haven't battered this game at all, an hour a day at most maybe.

Don't get me wrong the story lines really good and it has left it self open for a sequel, but for £40? I wouldn't advise paying that much for this.

Completed this last night. :angry:

Really pissed off about this actually, I haven't battered this game at all, an hour a day at most maybe.

Don't get me wrong the story lines really good and it has left it self open for a sequel, but for £40? I wouldn't advise paying that much for this.

There's about 10 different endings I think. You done them all?

Fahrenheit was one of the most over-rated games ever (and yes, I did play it all the way though and no, I couldn't bare to play it through again). This looks the same... a poor adventure with few options and fancy graphics.

the ps3 is better than the 360 so i don't think heavy rain is the only reason.

How is it?

That it's taken 3 years for the ps3 to end up with fancy graphics?

That's it. 3 years to achieve that after launching what was supposedly a superior machine in every which way possible.

I'll admit it's finally beginning to show it's class in terms of how good titles look, take for example Drakes 2 last year and reports that FFXIII is in 1080p compared with 576p on 360. And that God of War 3 is looking equally impressive, but that was always going to happen.

But seriously, all this superior hardware and all that can be achieved is something that looks a little sharper?

As an overall gaming package, the 360 is far superior.

As for this Heavy Rain malarky, it'll be £20 in a few months. It has little to no replayability imo and will end up as bizarre as Fahrenheit was when I had that on PS2. I can see it now.

God of War 3 is an absolute must as far as the PS3 goes this month and FFXIII, well I'll have to go for the PS3 version and try to port the achievements over to 360 :giggle:

Took this back Friday (after one week) and managed to get a full refund, will be purchasing FF XIII with the money.

Edit to say, I don't know who else has this, but part way through the game on quite a number of occasions the sound cuts out, the first time through music, then the next few times through some speech. According to Game, a few were sent back with same problem, the manager said that it was part of game...not through fooking speech it isn't - twat.

Archived