Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

Dragon Age: Origins

Anyone got this? got it on the 360 the other week and it's bloody acetastic!

It's an engaging, engrossing RPG made by Bioware that just hooks you in as there's so much to do. Copies from Fable in ways with decisions, etc but imo does it that little bit better.. I have played it for a total of 20 hours now (not nonstop btw lol) and probably have completed 10/15 max 20% of the game

Only downside? graphics aren't fantastic on the 360 dunno why that is but that is just a little niggle considering the quality and depth this game delivers! and there's about 3 add on's already available on the marketplace!

Call me a nerd for quibbling about this but to suggest Bioware have copied anything from Fable is a bit like suggesting Michael Jackson totally ripped off Fall Out Boy. ;)

Bloody nerd lol

Nah Bioware haven't copied that was wrongly worded by me but its similar in how things progress storyline wise, etc with the decisions you make

I was tracking this one when it was first released but it appeared to have its fair share of bugs and didn't have the necessary patches at the time to address these.

Is there some sort of update for the 360 version now? I say this because it's becoming an increasingly tempting buy pricewise, although it'll have to wait for me to complete Bioshock 2 and the epic masterpiece that is Mass Effect 2.

Graphically, yes it's the weakest of all the platforms and unfortunately doesn't benefit from a top-down view as it does on a PC.

I was tracking this one when it was first released but it appeared to have its fair share of bugs and didn't have the necessary patches at the time to address these.

Is there some sort of update for the 360 version now? I say this because it's becoming an increasingly tempting buy pricewise, although it'll have to wait for me to complete Bioshock 2 and the epic masterpiece that is Mass Effect 2.

Graphically, yes it's the weakest of all the platforms and unfortunately doesn't benefit from a top-down view as it does on a PC.

Unfortunately still not patched and nothing from Bioware which actually put some people off buying ME2 (according to the official DAO forums)

If i hadn't have gone to them forums to check i'd have never known the bugs that this game has because i haven't noticed one problem yet, well ok i lie a cut scene issue but that is certainly not a game breaker, i'd still recommend you get it..of course if i get further into the game and there's a major bug then my opinion will probs change lol

• 4 months later...

So what's up with this thread?

It's all quiet in here. I picked this up for £15 the other day.

So far, graphics are dodgy but I'm hoping it makes up for it in gameplay.

This has to last the summer... :thumbup:

I have hardly played it since about March due to a few other games i got and Fallout 3, i'm aiming to get back into this soon.. Graphics are very poor infact they are PS2 worthy and don't worry it will last way over summer and longer if you get the add ons

I have hardly played it since about March due to a few other games i got and Fallout 3, i'm aiming to get back into this soon.. Graphics are very poor infact they are PS2 worthy and don't worry it will last way over summer and longer if you get the add ons

I've started off on the human noble origin and just escaped the castle.

This game reminds me of Neverwinter Nights on PC. Only difference being it's more 3D.

The odd dungeon crawler here and there does you a world of good. Dungeon Siege, Diablo, NWN, Baldurs Gate, this, never gets dull... :thumbup:

This game reminds me of Jade Empire, KoToR and Neverwinter Nights.

It's also a bit of Baldur's Gate thrown in for good measure.

I like it. The graphics aren't as bad as some make out.

Difficulty wise it's been quite tame so far on normal settings.

Like Alan Wake after it, I feel it's a little under-rated.

This game reminds me of Jade Empire, KoToR and Neverwinter Nights.

It's also a bit of Baldur's Gate thrown in for good measure.

Good calls!

Unfortunately i can't play it at the moment as my 360 decided to go to 360 heaven :(

• 8 months later...

Just ordered this, been looking at it for abit now. Think i paid £18 for the ultimate edition that includes all the DLC. If you price the DLC together its over £50! Whats everyone's thoughts on this anyway seeing as it has been out ages now.

Just ordered this, been looking at it for abit now. Think i paid £18 for the ultimate edition that includes all the DLC. If you price the DLC together its over £50! Whats everyone's thoughts on this anyway seeing as it has been out ages now.

It's a decent enough game. If you've never played one of their games before and you like the genre? 9/10. If you've played the original Baldurs Gate, Ice Wind Dale, Neverwinter, Fallout (and so on) games then 7/10.

That's a really good deal, although some of the DLC lasts like 5 minutes which was annoying.

Ahh Baldurs Gate, my all time favourite game!

I've played fallout and mass effect, i do like RPGs. But i made the mistake with fallout 3 by buying all the DLC when it came out, then the game of the year edition came out and dropped to£25 would of saved me £££. So i like the idea of having everything when i start off and hopefully any bugs/glitches have been fixed. Whats the awakening DLC like? Is it a good idea to do the DLC first or do you have to be a certain level? And how do you play the dlc? Is it like fallout where you get a message?

I've played fallout and mass effect, i do like RPGs. But i made the mistake with fallout 3 by buying all the DLC when it came out, then the game of the year edition came out and dropped to£25 would of saved me £££. So i like the idea of having everything when i start off and hopefully any bugs/glitches have been fixed. Whats the awakening DLC like? Is it a good idea to do the DLC first or do you have to be a certain level? And how do you play the dlc? Is it like fallout where you get a message?

I can't remember all the DLC I played, one was getting the stone golem. So i'm not sure about the awakening. The ones I did were when the game ended, but it's probably best to do them whilst doing the main story as you get some items and characters you would probably want to use.

To play them you just visit a certain area of the map, usually it will say DLC next to it, then talk to the person in that area to start the quest.

Yeah its shocking how much Dlc costs, but it's too much of a wait to get the GOTY edition, especially if you bought the game on release date :facepalm:

Archived