Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Festival Thread.

So, one of the best race meetings in the world is just two weeks away, so everything Chelts related, in here.

Not gonna be betting on it this year (except free-bets from the paper :giggle: ), just gonna be an avid fan. Will still post any tips or fancies for y'all.

Can't bloody wait!

Been given my weeks notice on Monday, So bitter sweet for me, I want to be in work, but want to watch the festival, You watch i'll be off all week next week then get a call for work just as the festival starts! Would be my luck (Which despite missing out on watching the festival i'd be happy with).

My online accounts are loaded for my bets. Last years festival was quite successful partly down to Bert's tip of Forpadydeplaster.

I've been reading one of Kauto Star's main rivals will be my old bosses horse Imperial Commander, I won quite abit off that horse at last year festival too when it beat Voy Por Ustedes.

I will be in attendance on the Friday for the Gold Cup.

Not a race I usually lump much money on and if so very rarely the favourite but just a great race to witness.

My first time was when Dawn Run won in 86 but my best was Desert Orchid in 89.

The Thinker winning in 87 was something special what with the couple of delays and all the snow.

Has anyone got any bets sorted yet?

Day one looks like this for me so far:

Supreme Novice:

Blackstairmountain 12/1 e/w

Arkle:

Somersby 6/1 & Osana 20/1 e/w

William Hill:

The Package 6/1

Champions Hurdle:

Medermit 7/1

X Country Handicap:

Garde Champetre 9/4

DN Mares Hurdle:

Voler La Vedette 5/2

Bring it on.

I'll be there on the Friday. Only just decided to go, can't afford it but fook it.

Has anyone bought tickets off touts before on Gold Cup Day? I bought one during the November meeting last year, but just wondered if you have to pay well over the odds from touts on Gold Cup day?

Binocular drifted out to 999/1 the other day on betfair when it was thought the horse wouldn't run, saw the odds as well and left it. Disgusted with myself.

Right, these are my early fancies that i've had a look at, but won't be deciding what i'm actually betting on until that days of each race, I know I don't need to bet on each and every race but it's quite annoying because some races I have no selections then in other races i've picked 5 selections.

Tuesday;

1.30 - Supreme Novices' Hurdle:

Get Me Out Of Here (6/1)

2.05 - Irish Independent Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase:

Captain Cee Bee (3/1)

Sizing Europe (6/1)

3.20 - Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy:

Go Native (7/2)

Punjabi (7/1)

Medermit (7/1)

Khyber Kim (8/1)

Celestial Halo (12/1)

(I may aswell have shortlisted the whole field :rolleyes:)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday;

2.05 - Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle:

Rite Of Passage (3/1)

Quel Esprit (6/1)

Enterprise Park (25/1)

2.40 - RSA Chase:

Long Run (2/1)

3.20 - Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase:

Kalahari King (5/1)

Forpadydeplasterer (9/1) (Heard this horse wasn't going to feature at the festival? Unless I read he wasn't going to feature in a certain race :dunno:)

(Think Master Minded @ 4/5 has won this race, so will be looking at E/W bets in the race)

5.15 - Whetherbys Champion Bumper:

Shot From The Hip (10/1)

Thursday;

2.40 - Ryanair Chase:

Barbers Shop (5/1)

Voy Por Ustedas (16/1)

Albertas Run (20/1)

3.20 - Ladbrokes World Hurdle:

Tidal Bay (7/1)

Friday;

1.30 - JCB Triumph Hurdle:

Advisor (10/1)

2.40 - Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup:

Kauto Star (4/6) or Denman (7/2) - No decided yet but whichever one I choose a majority of my winnings (Hoping I have lots of winnings :fc:) will be bet on one of the two.

Imperial Commander (10/1) - My old bosses horse, very impressed with this horse, and at 10/1 a very good E/W bet imo.

As I said these are not set in stone, I'm not definitely betting on any of these, there will be others add when I decide on the each day, and they are only my early fancies, not tips by any means.

Bring it on.

I'll be there on the Friday. Only just decided to go, can't afford it but fook it.

Has anyone bought tickets off touts before on Gold Cup Day? I bought one during the November meeting last year, but just wondered if you have to pay well over the odds from touts on Gold Cup day?

Binocular drifted out to 999/1 the other day on betfair when it was thought the horse wouldn't run, saw the odds as well and left it. Disgusted with myself.

Buying off the touts is fine but my advice would be to try ebay first there are some good deals on there just now.

I'm 50/50 for Friday now but I'll definitely be there on the wednesday for paddys day 9am from Newport get into Cheltenham at 10am sorted!

By the way buy off the touts outside the station not from outside the course...............much cheaper

Tempted to do a big (Stupid) bet on Dunguib in order to get a free bet but also bet on Get Me Out Of Here E/W.

I've seen quite a good offer with Ladbrokes, Place a single bet of £10 or more and get 3 x £10 bets.

There is also an offer with Coral when you open an account staking between £10 - £30 to recieve a free win-only single on any Cheltenham Festival race, double the amount of your first paid bet.

-So would that mean a free £60 bet (If your first bet was £30) on 1 horse, i.e - The whole £60 must be placed on 1 horse?

If so imo the Ladbrokes offer would be better because atleast you can have 3 free bets.

Anyone else seen any good offers? Anyone got any tips? What have/are people bet on?

Betfred are doing money back if Dunguib doesn't win. Up ro 3200 stake, You can't lose. Place whatever you can on Dunguib to win, if it does, happy days, if not money back.

Free £2 bet in the mirror too.

Betfred are doing money back if Dunguib doesn't win. Up ro 3200 stake, You can't lose. Place whatever you can on Dunguib to win, if it does, happy days, if not money back.

Free £2 bet in the mirror too.

This is only an online offer I take it?

I've seen these offers, but my only reason for not seeing Dunguib not winning is if it falls, having said that i'm planning on going E/W on Get Me Out Of Here.

Can't see anything on the Betfred site saying money back special.

Edit;

Just checked with Paddy Power who are doing the money back special on there live help, and they said if you placed £50 on Dunguib and Dunguib lost you'd lose £50, I thought that'd be the case otherwise what is the incentive for them? lol

Fucking Dunguib! :@

Don't believe the hype!

Oh well, £20 down after the first race.

It can only get better :unsure:

Captain Cee Bee and Somersby in the next I think, Both E/W (Incase any of you were thinking of betting on those...I suggest don't :giggle:)

Got my first returns on the board! Somersby E/W, Not made much difference to me, but atleast I have my first returns of the festival.

I'm tempted to give the 2.40 a miss, however Ogee does interest me and at 11/1, not a bad price, might just do a small E/W.

Am on Bensalem and Ogee (£200 freebet) in this one. Thought Ogee was overpriced at 12/1.

And me, the only reason I bet on it, £1.75 says it paid off...Big winner ah?! :rolleyes:

You must be gutted, I thought he was going to win!

Now, the 3.20, tough one to pick, Go Native, Punjabi, Celestial Halo, and I can't dismiss Binocular either.

Think i'm gonna use one of my free £10 bets on this race, not sure which horse to use it on, with Go Native drifting to 4/1, tempted by that.

Archived