Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Festival Thread.

Gonna have a small e/w on Fin Vin De Leu in the 4.40 @ 25/1. If that gets me a return I'll have a play in the 5.15, if not I won't bother.

I'm tempted to have on go on a favourite :S in Quantitativeeasing (4.00)

Wow that was a suprise - I was expecting a dent in my betting account, but out of £14 placed yesterday I gained returns of £15.60 so I'm up! The two each ways of Forpadeymeplaster and punchestown which were main bets placed so ofset my luck 15 loses.

Looking at tomorrows races, Big Bucks is a massive favourite - is it that clear cut? I recongnise horses Tidal Bay, Cousin Viney and War of Attrition within that field so its surely not a field of no hopers.

Come on Bert, come up trumps with a tip!

Wow that was a suprise - I was expecting a dent in my betting account, but out of £14 placed yesterday I gained returns of £15.60 so I'm up! The two each ways of Forpadeymeplaster and punchestown which were main bets placed so ofset my luck 15 loses.

Looking at tomorrows races, Big Bucks is a massive favourite - is it that clear cut? I recongnise horses Tidal Bay, Cousin Viney and War of Attrition within that field so its surely not a field of no hopers.

Come on Bert, come up trumps with a tip!

I really don't know what to say, It should be the clear cut favourite, especially with those odds but i'm not quite sure what is up with the favourites this year, I bet big on Dunguib which is where my bad luck started and hurt me badly, I was going to lump on Master Minded but come to the conclusion I couldn't afford the risk - And i'm so glad I didn't lump on it, Big Bucks - A favourite has got to win soon hasn't it? :dunno: or are we going to have to wait for King Kauto? (TBH I have a feeling Kauto or Denman won't be winning the Gold Cup, I'm not sure who will but the way this week is going I just have a feeling there will be and upset in the Gold Cup)

As for the horses you've listed I feel they are abit 'past it' but could still stake claims, especially Tidal Bay....But what do I know, My Profit/Loss margin for this week will tell you not alot :giggle:

I really don't know what to say, It should be the clear cut favourite, especially with those odds but i'm not quite sure what is up with the favourites this year, I bet big on Dunguib which is where my bad luck started and hurt me badly, I was going to lump on Master Minded but come to the conclusion I couldn't afford the risk - And i'm so glad I didn't lump on it, Big Bucks - A favourite has got to win soon hasn't it? :dunno: or are we going to have to wait for King Kauto? (TBH I have a feeling Kauto or Denman won't be winning the Gold Cup, I'm not sure who will but the way this week is going I just have a feeling there will be and upset in the Gold Cup)

As for the horses you've listed I feel they are abit 'past it' but could still stake claims, especially Tidal Bay....But what do I know, My Profit/Loss margin for this week will tell you not alot :giggle:

I can't remember last year that well, but I thought a lot of the favourites came in from higher prices last year, where as this year there's not been that many clear favourites and the prices have been quite static and so there's no clear rush of money on a horse?

Maybe this is why Bert's been so quiet - the fields are so competitive and up in the air that no one can really predict?

:rolleyes:

2.05 - Don't Push It (33/1)

...All i'm saying is i'm glad what i've lost this week has been won off previous bets (I placed £10 or £20 at most in my account a few years ago and just built it up over a few years and now took it out) so although I have still lost and am well down, I just keep telling myself it's not actually any of my own money lost, just winnings i've accumulated over time :unsure:

I fancy this afternoon to be a good one for A P McCoy.

1.30 Jered 12/1

2.05 Ainama 13/2

2.40 Albertas Run 14/1

3.20 Karabak 8/1

4.00 Song of Songs 8/1

Have done a 10p e/w Lucky 31 with potential returns of £21935.25 £1393.30 £168.10

WAHEEEYYYY!!! £5 e/w Albertas Run @ 14/1!!!!!

I only had £2.50, still happy with that though!

Now only £12.15 down for the week, No loss is good loss, but i'm alot happier now! I feel the turn coming :fc:

Tempted by Tidal Bay/Katchit in the next race, i'd like to bet big on Big Bucks but just can't do it.

I fancy this afternoon to be a good one for A P McCoy.

1.30 Jered 12/1

2.05 Ainama 13/2

2.40 Albertas Run 14/1

3.20 Karabak 8/1

4.00 Song of Songs 8/1

Have done a 10p e/w Lucky 31 with potential returns of £21935.25 £1393.30 £168.10 £18.00

Had 50p each way on Great Endeavour @ 18/1, I was a few quid down but wish I put more on it now. <_<

Always the way, When Albertas Run had won I conned myself into think i'd gone £5 E/W winning me £97, but i'd put £2.50 E/W, was gutted but at the same time very happy as that had almost got me out of the red.

Had Sunnyhillboy and Mister McGoldrick (4.00) both E/W both finished paying out E/W!

Still £12 down, but was nearly £60 down before today so can't complain about today, hopefully i'll break even/make a slight profit on the last day tomorrow now, before today I was happy just to break even on the last day.

The key to this festival for me and my mates has been stick to old faithfuls! 2 of my mates love Binocular and won big on that, I love Albertas Run and Mister McGoldrick and they've all done us well!

Any of you boys who have posted on here a fair few years will know, I am Albertas Run's biggest fan. I won over £600 on it back in 2008 and I had £20 on at 16.5/1 on betfair today. I am absolutely shaking still, it pays for my whole day at Cheltenham tomorrow.

What a horse, I wouldn't rule it out to do the john in The National as well.

I think Alberta's Run is now Foxestalk's favourite horse :P, I was on it too. My only winner so far and has really cut my losses down to a minimal amount. Relief at last. Cheers Tony.

Sign at me going with Barbers Shop! I spent a long time looking at the horses in that race too, especially the ones with Yellow and Green jockey shirts next to them.

I did have Big Bucks Bert, but only in a lucky 15 and a tricast.

What to do, what to do about tomorrow?

Archived