Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

Chester City On FM2010.....Has Anyone Done The Impossible?

The hardest game you could imagine on Football manager is Chester City

FACTS

1) A minus 25 points start on everyone (except salisbury who are on minus 10)

2) An already thin squad of teenagers with only 2 or 3 'senior' players

3) A transfer kitty of £0

4) A wage bill already in the red

5) A maximum loan wage of £180

6) No backroom staff other than a physio and an assistant with USELESS credentials

7) Average crowds in the region of 1,000 only

8) 70, Yes you read that right, 70 season ticket holders. 70.

Has anyone attempted a game as Chester, if so, did you manage to keep them up?

And if you did, i HAVE to hear how you managed it

I think I've just found the team I'm starting as then! I managed to save Rotherham on last years game when they had a -17 points deduction, got them up to the Championship but there was never an increase in wage or transfer budget so I couldn't do much more with them.

This is my new game. But fook me is it hard! Even Paul Brooker and Trevor Benjamin turned me down! Signed Noel Whelan to make me feel better though,Also got Leicester legend Chris Makin as assistant manager, Hero.

My team atm:

Alex Cisak

James Younghusband - Thierry Mouyouma - Shaun Kelly - Tim Ryan

Kevin Roberts - Neil Ashton

Malik Buari - Aaron Moses Garvey - Harry Forrester

Raphael Nade

Subs:

Noel Whelan

Diego Fuser

This is my new game. But fook me is it hard! Even Paul Brooker and Trevor Benjamin turned me down! Signed Noel Whelan to make me feel better though,Also got Leicester legend Chris Makin as assistant manager, Hero.

My team atm:

Alex Cisak

James Younghusband - Thierry Mouyouma - Shaun Kelly - Tim Ryan

Kevin Roberts - Neil Ashton

Malik Buari - Aaron Moses Garvey - Harry Forrester

Raphael Nade

Subs:

Noel Whelan

Diego Fuser

Oh Smuts you love your free transfers. :thumbup:

Scout all the players that are recommended via the backroom advice screen and sign any that are better than those that you have at present, this worked quite well for me with Chester. Also, scout those in the England trial squad and again scout those that are better than the current player. Finally, don't worry about going over the wage budget I did and nothing was ever said about it.

Scout all the players that are recommended via the backroom advice screen and sign any that are better than those that you have at present, this worked quite well for me with Chester. Also, scout those in the England trial squad and again scout those that are better than the current player. Finally, don't worry about going over the wage budget I did and nothing was ever said about it.

really?

seems rather strange - i've got a game going as leicester and milan's been lecturing me about how i'm £58 over budget.

Started this yesterday, 10 Games in and ive won 9 drawn 1,

Players in:

Luke O'Neill

Astrit Ajdarević

Leicester paying both players wages

David Ball (from Man City) again Man City paying his wages

Started this yesterday, 10 Games in and ive won 9 drawn 1,

Players in:

Luke O'Neill

Astrit Ajdarević

Leicester paying both players wages

David Ball (from Man City) again Man City paying his wages

Very well done, I'm tempted to have another crack now that I know it may be possible. Can I ask, what formation/tactics do you use?

If i knew how to post images from fm i'd show you my season so far

print screen, paste to paint, save as picture, put picture on a pic hosting site and then put it on here. Bit of a mish but thats it if you want to do it

got the 25 points off in 11 games its just a struggle then to motivate your players as the game glitches and reads you as foot of the table and 0 points and its hard to keep your players happy. surviving off loans and free transfers. think im nearly 33 games into the season, im 3 points off safety and ive registered 56 players to the club so far. also the clubs been taken over by a fan consoritum who will still give you no money and im 265k in debt because you have to pay 141k a month in loan repayments. i got a feeling if i do save them i will end up in administration

got the 25 points off in 11 games its just a struggle then to motivate your players as the game glitches and reads you as foot of the table and 0 points and its hard to keep your players happy. surviving off loans and free transfers. think im nearly 33 games into the season, im 3 points off safety and ive registered 56 players to the club so far. also the clubs been taken over by a fan consoritum who will still give you no money and im 265k in debt because you have to pay 141k a month in loan repayments. i got a feeling if i do save them i will end up in administration

That's still a cracking effort though,, hope you manage to keep them and avoid administration.

End up in admin, get 10 points docked and still go down :P

callmegod.png

300k in debt now (so the board injected 35k that helped about as much as rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic) and ended up registering over 50 players for the team with short loans or free transfers. 3 grand over the wage budget but i did it. that was bloody hard! gonna build for the next season now. ill give a crack at promotion.

champions were mansfield and i took the screenshot just as the playoff semis were about to start.

Archived