Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Lyrical Masterpieces.

Beat me to it mate. Even if it's performed intimately or at a festival, Hurt is a jaw-dropping song.

NIN have got some right gems in their back catalougue, could reel off a cracking list of tracks from Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and With Teeth.

Right Where it Belongs by them is Hurt-lite, still brilliant. Gutted I never saw them live.

Placebo have some lyrically brilliant tunes as well.

Good shout.

From the latest album, along with the ones you mentioned, Devil In The Details and Kings of Medicine I love.

:D

:thumbup:

Although I absolutely hate the people who don't get what he's saying and just think Mike Skinner likes to get paralytic and fight, so they like The Streets because of things like that.

So many Streets lyrics could be put in this thread, the man's a genius.

Nothing Has Been Proved - Dusty Springfield

always thought the lyrics to this were excellent

The lyrics match the film perfectly. A bit like this (I know it's Take That, don't laugh at me :( ).

Ok now the big ones have been covered, time for some controversial suggestions:

Radiohead : High and Dry + Fake Plastic Trees

Rage Against The Machine: Bullet in the Head

Dire Straits: Telegraph Road, Brothers in Arms, Private Investigations, Romeo and Juliette........

Stereophonics: Billy Davies Daughter

David Bowie: Life on Mars + Changes

Don Mclean: American Pie

"No path of truth led me where I could walk but the lies that I made led me out of the swamp."

Whole song is a lyrical and musical masterpiece but that final line is just a killer.

"No path of truth led me where I could walk but the lies that I made led me out of the swamp."

Whole song is a lyrical and musical masterpiece but that final line is just a killer.

Thankyou.

I have just bought this album after 'listening to your post'.

I knew you had a class taste in music when you signed up with a Dinosaur Jnr avatar.

Cheers,

N.

Thankyou.

I have just bought this album after 'listening to your post'.

I knew you had a class taste in music when you signed up with a Dinosaur Jnr avatar.

Cheers,

N.

:blush: Just wish more people my age would open up a bit when it comes to music...

:blush: Just wish more people my age would open up a bit when it comes to music...

I think it's just people in general nothing about age so many people have closed minds when it comes to music, It's something I am really passionate about and I always get frustrated when people don't seem to care as much as I do

Archived