Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Lyrical Masterpieces.

I've always loved lyrics in this song. Any song that name checks 'woodchip' is okay by me.

That would be like me saying I like a song containing the lyrics "pre-sentence report".

I've always loved lyrics in this song. Any song that name checks 'woodchip' is okay by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRyaPO1tTSk

Meh, His n Her's is a better album.

I think it's just people in general nothing about age so many people have closed minds when it comes to music, It's something I am really passionate about and I always get frustrated when people don't seem to care as much as I do

:wave: :wave: :wave:

That would be like me saying I like a song containing the lyrics "pre-sentence report".

Are there any? :unsure:

I'm gonna get googling!

Not exactly a masterpiece but clever nonetheless.

I saw Gift if Gab in March at the rescue rooms in Nottingham in front about 30 people and he did that and it was insane live!

Hard picking just one of his. Perhaps not the most lyrically brilliant - but one of the more profound.

Could just have easily been any one of his classics. Thunder Road has some great lyrics.

Already posted The River Finners!! :rolleyes: but as it's on of my favourite songs then it's ok with me :thumbup: such a brilliant brilliant song been getting into Bruce a bit more lately and some of his songs are just brilliant musically and lyrically

I saw Gift if Gab in March at the rescue rooms in Nottingham in front about 30 people and he did that and it was insane live!

Quality, would've loved to have seen that.

If you're interested I've got a live DJ Shadow ft Chief Xcel, Lateef, Lyrics Born, Gift Of Gab Hip Hop set from Radio 1 Breezeblock (2000) which is the nuts. I can upload it at some point if you want it.

Already posted The River Finners!! :rolleyes: but as it's on of my favourite songs then it's ok with me :thumbup: such a brilliant brilliant song been getting into Bruce a bit more lately and some of his songs are just brilliant musically and lyrically

I used to be a big springsteen fan, I guess I still am, but listen to him less than I used to. Pity most cant see past the whole born in the USA, he has written some incredible songs.

I couldn't pick my fave but always loved 'No surrender', I cant think of a song that has such a great starting lyric:-

Well we busted out of class, had to get away from those fools.

We learned more from a 3 minute record baby than we ever did at school.

I used to be a big springsteen fan, I guess I still am, but listen to him less than I used to. Pity most cant see past the whole born in the USA, he has written some incredible songs.

I couldn't pick my fave but always loved 'No surrender', I cant think of a song that has such a great starting lyric:-

Well we busted out of class, had to get away from those fools.

We learned more from a 3 minute record baby than we ever did at school.

great song!!

I think the problem with Bruce is that some of his finest moments suffered from 80's production methods, I think you are right about the Born in the USA thing which is ironic were as it's the first song most people would say if you asked them to name a springsteen song but it's probably my least favourite some of his songs are just brilliant

Sorry, Jay, somehow managed to completely miss the bottom of page 2.

Oh well, great minds et all!

:D it's a bloody good song and worthy of a double posting hopefully someone else will post the live on the street in copenhagen video off youtube because that's just brilliant

:D it's a bloody good song and worthy of a double posting hopefully someone else will post the live on the street in copenhagen video off youtube because that's just brilliant

I love that session, I was showing my old man it on youtube last year - really great humility. Love the bloke.

I love that session, I was showing my old man it on youtube last year - really great humility. Love the bloke.

I could be wrong but I believe he was just walking down the street and started to rock out a few jams with the buskers, what a great moment for them! I would still be smiling if it was me

And I always thought Jay and Finners had good taste in music :nono:

A-HA!! we all have our vices, no ones perfect Trav especially after you have declared your love for the Pet Shop Boys... :P

If you've got beef with the Boss, you've got beef with me. :angry:

Bring the pain boyo!

(Oh, and go look in the Spam Bank thread :P )

A-HA!! we all have our vices, no ones perfect Trav especially after you have declared your love for the Pet Shop Boys... :P

ooooops! :blush:

• 10 months later...

I've been waiting for something to happen

For a week or a month or a year

With the blood in the ink of the headlines

And the sound of the crowd in my ear

You might ask what it takes to remember

When you know that you've seen it before

Where a government lies to a people

And a country is drifting to war

And there's a shadow on the faces

Of the men who send the guns

To the wars that are fought in places

Where their business interest runs

On the radio talk shows and the TV

You hear one thing again and again

How the U.S.A. stands for freedom

And we come to the aid of a friend

But who are the ones that we call our friends

These governments killing their own?

Or the people who finally can't take any more

And they pick up a gun or a brick or a stone

There are lives in the balance

There are people under fire

There are children at the cannons

And there is blood on the wire

There's a shadow on the faces

Of the men who fan the flames

Of the wars that are fought in places

Where we can't even say the names

They sell us the president the same way

They sell us our clothes and our cars

They sell us every thing from youth to religion

The same time they sell us our wars

I want to know who the men in the shadows are

I want to hear somebody asking them why

They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are

But they're never the ones to fight or to die

And there are lives in the balance

There are people under fire

There are children at the cannons

And there is blood on the wire

Almost everything by Morrissey/The Smiths.

Martell by The Cribs:

'You should leave it to me

We cover insignificant miles for a miniature bottle

Do you know what I mean?

I don't think so

But we go for a smoke in the Smoke

And I like what I see

It's a vicious cycle but who cares when it's happening to me?

It's obscene'

Time For Heroes by The Libertines:

'It's not right for young lungs to be coughing up blood'

I'm sure they'll be more later.

Archived