Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Team for WBA away

Sorry if there is already a team thread, but couldnt find one.

Do we need more changes following the disappointing defeat in Wales last night? Lets hope Bruno is fit as we miss him so much down that side.

Personally I'd like to see Howard start, sounded like he had a good game in the 2nd half at Cardiff and got us back into the game at least. Also I sometimes feel Waghorn needs help up front. Hopefully Dyer comes back into the team too or possibly Adams who I think deserves a chance.

Weale

Morrison

Brown

Hobbs

Berner (McGivern)

N'Guessan

Wellens

King

Dyer

Howard

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Vaughan, Spearing, Oakley, Gallagher, Adams, Neilson

Come on City! :scarf:

Pearson has said berner is about there.

So lets return back to a solid 4-4-2 formula and try and grind a result out.

Weale

Solano Morrison Hobbs Berner

Gally King Wellens Dyer

Howard Vaughan(give waggy a break)

Howard :frusty: He is not needed to start. He's there to change a game for which last night was a rare success! Does anyone seriously think he has it in him to start a game against the best team in the league? Olsson and Tamas are international defenders and will have no problem against him.

I hope we start Vaughan and Waghorn, maybe bring Dyer back out wide and use his pace against Mattock.

Howard :frusty: He is not needed to start. He's there to change a game for which last night was a rare success! Does anyone seriously think he has it in him to start a game against the best team in the league? Olsson and Tamas are international defenders and will have no problem against him.

I hope we start Vaughan and Waghorn, maybe bring Dyer back out wide and use his pace against Mattock.

I see your point about Howard, but I think he is needed and can do a good job. We need players to stand up and be counted and with Howard, he might not be the most mobile bloke in the world, but most matches he gives everything and will bring passion and needed experience at at time like this. And you say they have international defenders, but there goals against record is average not great, and they often let goals in but win 3-2 so it shows they are an attacking team. And again, if they are international defenders with quality they will have no problem dealing with Waghorn up front by himself.

And remember what happened last time we went there, Howard scored a hat trick!

I agree about Dyer starting, but doubt it will be against Mattock as Mattock is always on the bench for them (everytime I look every way). There is also the fact that Mattock is a left back so Dyer will be on the opposite side assuming if he plays on the left too, but I'd like to see Dany up against Mattock,

Stuff changes, we need some continuity. Pearson always changes the team too often. Too much wrapping up of players in cotton wool with all this 'resting' and squad rotation mentioned by Shakespeare. Play your best 11 possible at all times or if not, at least keep a settled line-up. Although I'm advocating no changes, Dyer simply has to come back in.

stick with the team that finished the match last night - but bring bruno in at left back for neilson

Weale

Solano

Hobbs

Morrison

Berner

Spearing

Wellens

King

Gallagher

Howard

Vaughan

subs:

Logan, Neilson, McGivern, N'Guessan, Dyer, Waghorn, Kermorgant

Controversial first post BUT.....I 'd play with one up front (Waghorn) 5 in the middle with Nobby on the right,and Neilson at RB in a flat back 4. my reasoning is thus: We need to ensure play offs, we need experience in defence and midfield and we need to tighten up on the right side of the park. now,where's my tin hat ?

Weale

Solano Morrison Hobbs Berner*

King Wellens

Gallagher Spearing Dyer

Howard

* If fit, otherwise McGivern/Powell

Subs- Logan, Oakley, Adams, Nguessan, Waghorn, Vaughan, McGivern/Powell

Think we should play 4-2-3-1. Dyer should come back into the side, along with Howard resting Waghorn. Think this is gonna be a longball game for us, meaning Howard needs to hold the ball up well using his strength. Hopefully Bruno will be back.

I have no idea now, I thought that was all but our best team last night.

Weale

Solano --- Morrison --- Hobbs --- Berner (please?)

King --- Wellens --- Spearing

Gallagher --- Waghorn --- Dyer

100% agree. I thought we played well last night, but just didnt handle a couple of balls into the box.

Spearing should rightfully keep Oakley out of the team, and Dyer needs to replace the lack of effort based N'Guessan.

I would definetly start the side above, but if Berner isnt fit, then i'd give Neilson another go as he really wasn't that bad last night.

I took a neutral to the game with me last night. He's a West Brom fan, who doesnt miss many if any games at all. He was very impressed with Jay Spearing and our midfield, and suggested if we play like we did last night, we will certainly be a handful for West Brom.

He and I felt we were very unlucky last night, and if we had dealt with two balls into the box, it would be a much brighter outcome for us.

Since Dyer, Brown and Berner weren't fit to play against Cardiff I suspect that Pearson will take a cautious approach by not picking them and will concentrate on getting his best team out against QPR where the prospect of taking points has to be better than against WBA.

Since Dyer, Brown and Berner weren't fit to play against Cardiff I suspect that Pearson will take a cautious approach by not picking them and will concentrate on getting his best team out against QPR where the prospect of taking points has to be better than against WBA.

Agreed. If we come away from West Brom with anything, I'm going to be insanely pleased. Even if they lose 1-0, that's reasonable, don't want another 5-1 thumping like Forest, especially since goal difference could be vital. No point risking best players on a match that might be unwinable.

Archived