Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Team for WBA away

Agreed. If we come away from West Brom with anything, I'm going to be insanely pleased. Even if they lose 1-0, that's reasonable, don't want another 5-1 thumping like Forest, especially since goal difference could be vital. No point risking best players on a match that might be unwinable.

I disagree in this league.

There is a game where 3 points are on the table, and our best available 11 should be on the pitch.

You deal with the QPR game after the West Brom, no point adding extra pressure to the QPR game by sacrificing the West Brom game!

I disagree in this league.

There is a game where 3 points are on the table, and our best available 11 should be on the pitch.

You deal with the QPR game after the West Brom, no point adding extra pressure to the QPR game by sacrificing the West Brom game!

I was going to say...

Accepting defeat in this division is ridiculous, although I'm not surprised given who made the comment initially. We were diabolical two seasons ago but came away with a 4-1 win from the Hawthorns somehow.

We've got a good team that's got us to this position this season. We've had a big stumble but it's another game and another three points. Yes it's going to be difficult and my confidence levels are near on zero, but we're certainly not out of it before it's even begun.

Weale

Solano

Morrison

Hobbs

Berner (please)

Spearing

King

Wellens

Gallagher

Waghorn

Dyer

Important we don't concede early in my opinion, so maybe more of 4-5-1 initially. I did consider 4-4-2 but I think we're a bit open with Gallagher and Dyer on the wings. Waghorn has looked tired of late but putting Howard there wont work and we shouldn't risk Vaughan starting with his injury problems.

Weale

Solano

Morrison

Hobbs

Berner (please)

Spearing

King

Wellens

Gallagher

Waghorn

Dyer

Yep.

Thought Spearing was pretty decent last night, good workrate.

Weale

Berner

Hobbs

Morrison

Solano

Dyer

Wellens

King

N'Guessan

Gallagher

Howard

Subs: Logan, Neilson, Brown, Adams, Spearing, Kermorgant, Vaughan

Waggs totally dropped??

Friday:

Weale

Neilson Hobbs Brown Spearing

King

N'Guesson Dyer

Wellans

Howard

Vaughn

Logan, Solano, , Waghorn (Rested for Must Win QPR), Morrison , Oakley, Gally, McGivern:

WBA are playing well and winning a point here is defo a point gained, we need to win on Monday so keep Waggy for that one, same for Oakley and Gally.

Monday:

Weale

Morrison Hobbs Brown Berner

King

Oakley Dyer

Wellans

Gally

Waghorn

Logan, Salano, N'Guesson, Vaughn, Spearing, Howard, Neilson

Difficult.

My usual preference is for an attacking 4-3-3 of the kind we seemed to be moving towards a month or two ago before we collapsed into the wretched longball 4-5-1 that has been the norm in recent weeks.

But in our current form, going to West Brom and playing an open game would be a huge risk, sure we might surprise the hell out of the Baggies and come away with a win but realistically.... I think not.

For once I would be pragmatic, set limited aims for the game and pick a side to go out and make it happen.

Firstly I would set up with 2 banks of four. Assuming Berner is not fit I would play the same defence as at Cardiff, unless Powell fancies a game, in which case he would come in for Neilson.

In midfield a rested Dyer comes back in and I would play Adams on the right, fresh legs to really get up and down on his flank. King and Wellens in the center though those who argue for Spearing certainly have a case, but in this set up the experince of King and Wellens does it for me.

Up front Gallagher has to play, he is our most creative player and the only one likely to make something happen in a tight game. He needs to play off a proper front man and although I would love to see N'Guessan in that role our current addiction to the long ball suggests that Howard should start. Let Howard work their defence for an hour then throw in the pace of N'Guessan and/or Waghorn.

For a one off game that is my team with a simple game plan and pretty much everyone in their proper positions, something we have not seen for some time.

So;

Weale

Solano--Morrison-- Hobbs-- Powell

Adams--King--Wellens--Dyer

Gallagher

Howard

Difficult.

My usual preference is for an attacking 4-3-3 of the kind we seemed to be moving towards a month or two ago before we collapsed into the wretched longball 4-5-1 that has been the norm in recent weeks.

But in our current form, going to West Brom and playing an open game would be a huge risk, sure we might surprise the hell out of the Baggies and come away with a win but realistically.... I think not.

For once I would be pragmatic, set limited aims for the game and pick a side to go out and make it happen.

Firstly I would set up with 2 banks of four. Assuming Berner is not fit I would play the same defence as at Cardiff, unless Powell fancies a game, in which case he would come in for Neilson.

In midfield a rested Dyer comes back in and I would play Adams on the right, fresh legs to really get up and down on his flank. King and Wellens in the center though those who argue for Spearing certainly have a case, but in this set up the experince of King and Wellens does it for me.

Up front Gallagher has to play, he is our most creative player and the only one likely to make something happen in a tight game. He needs to play off a proper front man and although I would love to see N'Guessan in that role our current addiction to the long ball suggests that Howard should start. Let Howard work their defence for an hour then throw in the pace of N'Guessan and/or Waghorn.

For a one off game that is my team with a simple game plan and pretty much everyone in their proper positions, something we have not seen for some time.

So;

Weale

Solano--Morrison-- Hobbs-- Powell

Adams--King--Wellens--Dyer

Gallagher

Howard

with less comments from Thracian these days, I inceasingly look forward to the views of Marbella. Once again he doesn't disappoint.

with less comments from Thracian these days, I inceasingly look forward to the views of Marbella. Once again he doesn't disappoint.

Not sure how to take that... :whistle::dunno:

Love to think you look forward to the insight but I guess it is more than likely the amusement value generated by a know it all fan... :whistle:

Not sure how to take that... :whistle::dunno:

Love to think you look forward to the insight but I guess it is more than likely the amusement value generated by a know it all fan... :whistle:

Meant sincerely. I don't always agree with what you or Thracian write, but I very much enjoy the read, and that's what this type of forum is all about, simply connecting people with a shared interest. My addicition to all things Citeh only seems to be worsening as I age. I thought I'd grow out of it!

Your detailed viewpoints are of far more value than the 'drop McGivern he's the worst player since the player who was the last worst player since.......'

Neilson didn't sound like he did too bad against Cardiff(although I was only listening on the radio). I think at the moment I'd rather him at LB than McGivern, if Bruno is not fit and Powell not up for a match!

To be fair, I might rest Waggy - or put just on the subs bench as a potential impact sub - utilising Howard as a targetman up front with Gallagher playing off him. The strength of Howard is going to be vital against their tough centreback partnership of Olsson and Tamas - so holding the ball up to bring others into play against their defence is what's required IMO.

Still think one man up front,5 in the middle with nobby on the right with Neilson behind him at RB.Really need to go with experience ,stop teams exploiting us on the flanks by choking the midfield. I'd start with Waggy up front as i think he could nick a goal,

Archived