Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Clemence Retires

Clemence retires - OS.

Apologies if this has already been done, had a quick look and couldnt find a thread.

The City captain has finally retired, after what seems like an eternity out of the game.

Shame for him really, it seems he wanted to desperately get back in the game but couldnt do it. Never lived up to the £750k we paid for him, but will probably be remembered for the goal he scored vs Forest in the cup a couple of years back.

Maybe a coaching role for him in the future?

How was he still club captain?! He's been unlucky with injuries but he should've given up a long time ago. I dread to think what he's cost us and his pro rata earnings per match/minute on the pitch.

How was he still club captain?! He's been unlucky with injuries but he should've given up a long time ago. I dread to think what he's cost us and his pro rata earnings per match/minute on the pitch.

Insurance would pay his wages if he was out injured surely!

he was still club captain for a simple reason, no one ever stripped him of it, the insurance would of covered his wages during his injury.

feel sorry for the bloke obviously wasn't ready to quit I hope he used his time whilst injured to start taking his coaching badges

very sad for him but not the least bit suprising.

Played despite being injured against s****horpe to try and help keep us up and deserves a bit of respect for putting his fitness on the line to try and save the team. Good luck to him.

Sad really.

Although he only played a handfull of games for Leicester, he was sure a strong midfielder (and captain) throughout his career.

Hope to see him having a coaching role, he may do with his dad being a goalkeeping coach.

All the best.

I will always remember him for playing so badly in midfield against Watford away about three years ago, when we couldn't hit the net in a million years despite the Hornets being down to ten men for most of the match.

So, good luck with your future career, Stephen. :appl:

Shame it had to end this way.

I will always remember him for playing so badly in midfield against Watford away

For 45 minutes against Cov, he destroyed them with some of the best box-to-box play we've had in many a season. But that was more or less it.

Once he got a hobble he was gone, as he freely admitted, it was just a question of collecting what he was entitled to.

****** - bit misused there. Mine and others opinions thats all . The word 'disabled' is used to refer to supporters who turn up when it suits them. I can't fit into that category as i have a season ticket and been to 8 away games.

lol

It's really not. It's just an insult that happens to be used for that a lot.

In a season where (for one reason or another) many city players didn't live up to their billing Clem was better than most.

A great player for Brum before joining us and showed flashes of that ability during his time with us, put his fitness on the line towards the end of the 07/08 season and a shame he couldn't get over his injury.

Cant help thinking that if he had recovered NP might well have got the best out of him.

I was not impressed with his observation that relegation to League 1 wouldn't look good on his cv, so he was obviously thinking of leaving, but I guess his injury changed his mind for him. I don't blame him for taking his time to try to get back to fitness, but can't help wondering if he has cost the club in doing so.

A real shame for him

Must be a really soul destroying process trying to climb the long road back to fitness and never being able to get there, having to finally admit defeat.

A player that would have added a lot of depth to the midfield and competition for places.

Thankyou for the service you gave us

All the best Stephen

:appl:

Never liked him at all tbh. Though I do feel for him that he had to end his career earlier than he wanted, I'm still glad to see the back of him.

Archived