Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Clemence Retires

Clemence retires - OS.

Apologies if this has already been done, had a quick look and couldnt find a thread.

The City captain has finally retired, after what seems like an eternity out of the game.

Shame for him really, it seems he wanted to desperately get back in the game but couldnt do it. Never lived up to the £750k we paid for him, but will probably be remembered for the goal he scored vs Forest in the cup a couple of years back.

Maybe a coaching role for him in the future?

Was a good player in his days at brum, noone knows he could have been a revelation here... or maybe not lol either way should all wish him luck in whatever he doesss!

Always sad to see a players career cut short due to injury, even more when its a City player. Clem seemed quality before the injuries and im sure he, more than anyone is pi$$ed off by his inability to get fit and play more for us.

Good luck for the future Clem. :scarf::appl:

Always sad to see a players career cut short due to injury, even more when its a City player. Clem seemed quality before the injuries and im sure he, more than anyone is pi$$ed off by his inability to get fit and play more for us.

Good luck for the future Clem. :scarf::appl:

well said and very nicely put !!

A cynic would probably question why he only got round to retiring 2 months before his contract was due to expire anyway but fvck it I don't know the geezer and even if he did milk it for a few more quid despite knowing he'd never play again, I'm sure plenty would do the same in his position.

Dunno how true rumours of him being on £12,000 a week are?! If that's right though, must work out not far off £100,000 per appearance if you're including the transfer fee. Oh well.

I'd say thanks for the memories but I was absolutely battered for the only game you did anything memorable in so even that's a bit hazy.

He struggled partly because he was in a poor team, affected by managerial changes every few weeks. Granted, he didn't play that well, but if he'd been fit last season I think he'd have turned his form around and been better this season.

Ah well, all ifs and maybes really.

Oakley has inherited the arm band from Clemence, Brown seems to of inherited the vice-captain spot.

Brown is a much better leader, in terms of being a commanding presence on the pitch at least

Yeah, what a money grabbing tosser for trying to prolong his career.

Innit. And the cheek he has to sit there trying to get back to full fitness whilst the insurance paid all of his wages. Bloody cheek that man has...

A cynic would probably question why he only got round to retiring 2 months before his contract was due to expire anyway but fvck it I don't know the geezer and even if he did milk it for a few more quid despite knowing he'd never play again, I'm sure plenty would do the same in his position.

Dunno how true rumours of him being on £12,000 a week are?! If that's right though, must work out not far off £100,000 per appearance if you're including the transfer fee. Oh well.

I'd say thanks for the memories but I was absolutely battered for the only game you did anything memorable in so even that's a bit hazy.

Agree, shame we never really got to see that much of him, tough on the lad - hope he was careful and put a bit away for the future.

Now we just need to get DJ off the books and free up another £14,000 a week. I am sure Pearson could do some real damage with £26k a week - probably get 5 players for that!!!

Archived