Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BWRL

Champ Man V Football Manager

I've always used champ man as football manager never worked on my old comp. However, i' ve got a new laptop now and I'm tempted to make a purchase, but what does it have that champ man doesn't? Basically is it worth it? :huh:

The most recent champ manager is actually laughable, I tried the demo and it is so unrealistic and frustatingly poor it is really not worth £5. My understanding was that the old champ manager team now does FM so it's basically still the same just a different name.

The most recent champ manager is actually laughable, I tried the demo and it is so unrealistic and frustatingly poor it is really not worth £5. My understanding was that the old champ manager team now does FM so it's basically still the same just a different name.

Correct. I think Eidos bought the naming rights to Championship Manager from SI Games. Part of the deal was that SI Games kept the property rights to their vast database. SI Games with the original game creators at the helm, simply renamed the game to Football Manager and developed a new and superior match engine. With the years of research and knowledge as well as the vast scouting network, they were always going to hold the upper hand and the continued 'Championship Manager' series has since been viewed as a joke and a massive flop.

Correct. I think Eidos bought the naming rights to Championship Manager from SI Games. Part of the deal was that SI Games kept the property rights to their vast database. SI Games with the original game creators at the helm, simply renamed the game to Football Manager and developed a new and superior match engine. With the years of research and knowledge as well as the vast scouting network, they were always going to hold the upper hand and the continued 'Championship Manager' series has since been viewed as a joke and a massive flop.

Yeah pretty much. SI got everything but the name, and it was them that had the expertise in the first place.

Eidos kept the 'brand', which is the name and the look and feel. We kept the code and the database.

Eidos then tried to create our game from scratch, which was silly really as we had a several year head start on them and all the foundations already in place.

And they're really struggling at the moment to with the cancelling on their online game.

FM all the way at the moment and with the way its going, it doesn't look like the CM series is close!

Archived