Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Songs That Give You Goosebumps.

• 3 weeks later...

good shout although I would actually plump for Gone The Dream off that album. God knows how TIm Wheeler wrote that stuff at 17/18.

also love Walking Barefoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JxQXmf1o7g

...and Shining Light:

OPM Brighter Side:

and mild guilty pleasures (although not too embarrassing after some suggestions in here) - The Scientist and `Fix You by Coldplay. Romeo & Juliet by Dire Straights.

All songs that I rarely listen to funnily enough. Moments gotta be right :blush:

and mild guilty pleasures (although not too embarrassing after some suggestions in here) - The Scientist and `Fix You by Coldplay. Romeo & Juliet by Dire Straights.

All songs that I rarely listen to funnily enough. Moments gotta be right :blush:

Yes, definitely.

Reqiem for a dream is along these lines for me as well

• 2 weeks later...

Always used to think Arcade Fire were a fairly middle of the road, bland, type of band that I'd never get, and never bothered with. Then I watched this on the recommendation of Joe. from here:

And it blew me away, gives me chills everytime.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the Fire, but seriously if you want a festival moment to inspire chills and goosebumps you've really got to look to something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLf-o5W2vw&feature=related

A massed crowd singing along to Wake Up is always going to be impressive because it's a very easy song to sing along to. In contrast, this kind of thing comes along much less often...

Was nothing less than life-changing at the time :blush:

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the Fire, but seriously if you want a festival moment to inspire chills and goosebumps you've really got to look to something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLf-o5W2vw&feature=related

A massed crowd singing along to Wake Up is always going to be impressive because it's a very easy song to sing along to. In contrast, this kind of thing comes along much less often...

Was nothing less than life-changing at the time :blush:

'You've really go tto look to something like this.'

I WIN.

'You've really go tto look to something like this.'

I WIN.

Sorry that might've looked like I was trying to say the wrong thing, I only meant that at pretty much any gig / festival Arcade Fire play, Wake Up is going to feel like the best experience people in the crowd have ever had (hell, it probably would if I ever got to see them - ****ing £30 charging bastards...). I wasn't trying to win in some competition, indeed that Reading video gives me a certain shiver too. Just pointing out that it's not an uncommon kind of musical occurrence, whereas I believe the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at T is definitely something you wouldn't expect to see / hear every day.

And the Johnny Cash version of this shits all over the original anyway... :P

I prefer Johnny Cash's version, but wouldn't say it shits all over Reznor/NIN's version.

Love both but would always choose Cash over Reznor!

I don't compare the two versions.

The original was sung by a young man heavily involved in drugs, the recording on The Downward Spiral is a masterpiece. It's symbolic of where Reznor was then, and it's such a raw, stripped down song compared to alot of the other tracks on the album. Cash's cover was obviously one of his last releases and is incredibly moving, but for different reasons. Ergo I don't compare the two of them, though I listen to NIN's version more often. Alot of people disregard the NIN recording purely because it's not as accessable.

I don't compare the two versions.

The original was sung by a young man heavily involved in drugs, the recording on The Downward Spiral is a masterpiece. It's symbolic of where Reznor was then, and it's such a raw, stripped down song compared to alot of the other tracks on the album. Cash's cover was obviously one of his last releases and is incredibly moving, but for different reasons. Ergo I don't compare the two of them, though I listen to NIN's version more often. Alot of people disregard the NIN recording purely because it's not as accessable.

:P means light-hearted, possibly sarcastic dig doesn't it? Indeed I can't say I can really get in to NIN but that doesn't mean I don't fully respect them and Mr Reznor.

Okay in most cases I'd rather listen to the Cash version but that don't really mean I think it's objectively better.

I promise I was only trying to be friendly in all my posts on this thread :flowers:

Archived