Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Songs That Give You Goosebumps.

Actually quite a few DBT songs that give me goosebumps. Also see "Danko/Manuel", "Santa Fe", "Eyes Like Glue" and "Two Daughters And A Beautiful Wife" for starters.

Been haunting me for 22 years, that one has, and its impact hasn't diminished one bit.

You either love his voice or hate it, but THAT guitar solo just sends chills down my spine.

This has profound meaning for me as it fits my adopted daughter perfectly

Hurt by Johnny Cash

I hurt myself today,

to see if i still feel,

I focus on the pain,

the only thing thats real,

The needle tears a hole,

the old familiar sting,

try to kill it all away,

but I remember everything,

What have I become,

my sweetest friend,

everyone i know,

goes away in the end,

And you could have it all,

my empire of dirt,

I will let you down,

I will make you hurt,

I wear this crown of thorns,

upon my liars chair,

full of broken thoughts,

I cannot repair,

Beneath the stains of time,

the feelings dissapear,

you are someone else,

I am still right here,

What have I become,

my sweetest friend,

everyone I know,

goes away in the end

:(:cry:

There is quite a few John Lennon songs that give me the goosbumps, either Beatles ones that he wrote or just Lennon solo songs.

I don't get emotional when I see pictures of him, but I do tend to think of him, and when his songs such as 'Imagine' and 'Jealous Guy' play I often get the goosebumps. I think because they are quite emotional, and/or sad songs, and the fact that he has died really gets me. I try not to think about the way that he died though, but yes, more Lennon solo songs than when he was with The Beatles.

F*****g legend the man is.

'Watching the Wheels', 'Imagine', 'Jealous Guy' are all good examples.

:appl:

Went upto the Beatles museum last year on Albert Dock, got all the way round then entered the final room, white piano and a pair of trademark Lennon glasses resting on them, sent a shiver down the spine.

The words Legend and Awesome are applied far too easily today, but they apply to John Lennon.

Morrissey can be a tit, but I am a big fan and he was right when he said there will never be another Michael Jackson or Madonna etc, again both worthy of Legends tag

Some of the Smiths songs give me goosebumps, Please Please Please, Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me, well I wonder etc, one of the most haunting voices I have heard is Anthony and the Johnsons.

:appl:

Went upto the Beatles museum last year on Albert Dock, got all the way round then entered the final room, white piano and a pair of trademark Lennon glasses resting on them, sent a shiver down the spine.

The words Legend and Awesome are applied far too easily today, but they apply to John Lennon.

Morrissey can be a tit, but I am a big fan and he was right when he said there will never be another Michael Jackson or Madonna etc, again both worthy of Legends tag

Some of the Smiths songs give me goosebumps, Please Please Please, Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me, well I wonder etc, one of the most haunting voices I have heard is Anthony and the Johnsons.

You know, we visited Liverpool the other month but never went into that museum, and with your description I wish I had now. I am a big Beatles fan, and a massive John Lennon fan and without doubt he is a legend. People nowadays can claim a 'legend' tag when they have done nothing etc

Another one for me is #9 Dream. I think its because some programmes about John Lennon play it when it comes up to the bit when he gets shot :cry:

Archived