Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

Ruud van Nistelrooy played for Man Utd between 2001 and 2006. The horse jokes are very very old news.

Well obviously I do know this, reason being i posted this was because of the fact that the Grand National is on this weekend?

Ahh forget it.

Edited by buzzer_b

21st Century Fox wasn't saying the Auschwitz gates were funny, he was just explaining why someone had posted a picture of Sunderland's gates with ARBEIT MACHT FREI on them.

I know, but I would imagine when Sunderland chose the slogan it was before Auschwitz existed, assuming the slogan is as old as the club.

Which is why I can't see the humour in it, unless you consider it ironic or ignorant, I suppose.

I know, but I would imagine when Sunderland chose the slogan it was before Auschwitz existed, assuming the slogan is as old as the club.

Which is why I can't see the humour in it, unless you consider it ironic or ignorant, I suppose.

Err, have not seen the sports news in the last 72 hours or so?

sunderland_arbeit.jpg

It means "work (labour) makes you free".

Not sure why it's funny though.

Nope, do enlighten me.

Unless you're referring to MoN. If so, what's the funny?

lol TBH I'd be slightly perplexed if I saw the Auschwitz gates at the top of the page in this thread.

Someone's replaced Sunderland's HAWAY THE LADS motto for Arbeit Macht Frei in reference to Paolo Di Canio's appointment as Sunderland manager.

lol TBH I'd be slightly perplexed if I saw the Auschwitz gates at the top of the page in this thread.

Someone's replaced Sunderland's HAWAY THE LADS motto for Arbeit Macht Frei in reference to Paolo Di Canio's appointment as Sunderland manager.

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhh. now I geddit. Thanks, I didn't know what the original motto was, in defence of my ignorance.

Well obviously not if you didn't get it the first time.

Yeah, must be stupid to think that the football player didn't look like a horse and then wonder why flat race horses had anything to do with the Grand National.

Everyone's humour is a little different, I'm not criticising you, I was freely admitting my ignorance and looking for understanding - I thought it might be intelligence I was lacking.

Yeah, must be stupid to think that the football player didn't look like a horse and then wonder why flat race horses had anything to do with the Grand National.

Everyone's humour is a little different, I'm not criticising you, I was freely admitting my ignorance and looking for understanding - I thought it might be intelligence I was lacking.

I'm not calling you stupid mate. I see the point people are making though, it is a very old joke an all and I agree some people have a different sense of humour.

I'm just easily entertained that's all lol

I'm not calling you stupid mate. I see the point people are making though, it is a very old joke an all and I agree some people have a different sense of humour.

I'm just easily entertained that's all lol

No problem.

I just want you to keep posting so that I can look at your profile picture more often. ;)