Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

That woman's got fookin nerves of steel though ,I'd have cacked myself when it kicked off !!

i know i'm gonna feel stupid when i hear the answer , but can someone explain that wizard of oz one ?is it something to do with what's on the stereo ?

That woman's got fookin nerves of steel though ,I'd have cacked myself when it kicked off !!

i know i'm gonna feel stupid when i hear the answer , but can someone explain that wizard of oz one ?is it something to do with what's on the stereo ?

I was wondering that. It looks like Dark side Of the Moon Pink Floyd  but cannot see the connection

I think it might have something to do with some peoples opinion that dark side of the moon was written as an alternative soundtrack to the wizard of oz, as apparantly the album and film synch together.

thanks, i just googled that and found this explanation 

http://www.tshirtvortex.net/dark-side-wizard-of-oz-t-shirt/

I still don't really get it though  :unsure:

no way, its my superior wizard of oz and pink floyd knowledge finally paying off.

Are you one of those  "friends of Dorothy" ?

:D  just jokin  ;)

edit; 

Blimey Spherical , i've not got to watch 25 minute video to help me understand the gag have  i ? :P

Edited by Zingari

Sorry about that.

I saw it on another forum, I had heard about the connection and most of all what with DSOTM being associated with the consumption of spliffs rolled on its gatefold cover, I thought the Pic looked funky.

Apologies again for the opaque reference.

:)

Are you one of those  "friends of Dorothy" ?

:D  just jokin  ;)

edit; 

Blimey Spherical , i've not got to watch 25 minute video to help me understand the gag have  i ? :P

yes. yes you must. ;) drop some cid and report back in 40 mins time!  :thumbup:

Edited by sphericalfox

I tried Spherical , honestly I did,  for about 5 minutes  , but it all seemed a bit tenuous for me . :)

I mean the picture on DSOTM isn't even a rainbow , it's only got 6 colours and it's not even bowed .

I''l just accept it's probably too deep for me to understand .

oh and thanks for clearing it up Vacamion  :)

I tried Spherical , honestly I did, for about 5 minutes , but it all seemed a bit tenuous for me . :)

I mean the picture on DSOTM isn't even a rainbow , it's only got 6 colours and it's not even bowed .

I''l just accept it's probably too deep for me to understand .

oh and thanks for clearing it up Vacamion :)

Actually there are only 6 colours in a rainbow. Newton invented one extra because he was superstitious.

Think about how many prinary colours there are.

• Like 1

Actually there are only 6 colours in a rainbow. Newton invented one extra because he was superstitious.

Think about how many prinary colours there are.

Yes Indeed , I believe Newton originally  divided the spectrum into five main colours; red, yellow, green, blue and violet. Later he included orange and indigo, giving seven main colours by analogy to the number of notes in a musical scale.I've not heard about the superstitious bit before though

But many argue that the figure is still purely arbitrary, there aren't any definitive dividing lines and therefore there can be as many colours as the viewer wants to see really .
I believe some cultures only see three.I suppose a lot depends on the depth of language.Some cultures are supposed to have multiple words for snow ( I'm not sure how true this , it's just stuff i've heard on QI    :) )

It's just become acceptable that there are 7 colours in the rainbow and most people believe this is actually a fact , but it  isn't really, just a commonly accepted factoid .

I think Zing is just not taking enough acid.

I had some vinegar on me chips last night, and a glass of lemon pop this morning. 
How much more acid am I supposed to be having? 

You have to so careful these days about eating the right amount of this , not too much of that , eat up your greens, 5 a day of that stuff   . etc etc 
in my day you just ett what yer mam  put in front on ya.