Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

i thought it was the typo "stegosaurs"

completely misssed the other error

It's not an 'error' I believe they believe it to be true... especially as the world is only 6000 years old in some places in America!

I'm going for the set.

Note the seond from the bottom.

Except, those quotes are (mostly) from the old testament. The bubble says Good sent Jesus to for or sins so that we were no longer bound by the laws of the old testament.

Instead, we are called to love God and love others.

Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?â€

Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’

Who is your neighbour?? Anyone. Jesus uses the story of the good Samaritan to highlight thee fact we should take care of people who we might ordinarily not like.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A30-37&version=NLT

These two rules are probably harder to follow than the old testament ones. I can easily avoid urinating in public but do I have the faith to love a God I can't see? And do i have the stomach to befriend a smelly homeless man?

To be very honest Ken I'm surprised you are not a Christian. You should sit down with the Vicar who is during to get you to his Church and ask him some questions.

I am not a Christian because I have no belief in a God. I am more of a Secularist and Humanist which is following some basic rules that is in all of us (more hidden in some than others) without being a decent person for an award when I wither away and become maggot food. I follow common sense logic and reason which is more connected to science than religion which is basically laws brought in by ancients to explain the world and how it works thus keeping people from becoming savages. I think Love thy god is the least important. Do not kill is only about number seven and honouring your parents is way down the list both more important to me.

There are roughly 3000 gods. You may believe in one of them / I believe in one less than you.

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 2

I am not a Christian because I have no belief in a God. I am more of a Secularist and Humanist which is following some basic rules that is in all of us (more hidden in some than others) without being a decent person for an award when I wither away and become maggot food. I follow common sense logic and reason which is more connected to science than religion which is basically laws brought in by ancients to explain the world and how it works thus keeping people from becoming savages.

I definitely think you should sit down with the vicar... :)