Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

14 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Pgh9Tri.jpg

Reminds me of this.

About 30 years ago my mate worked in M&S cafe whilst at college.When the old dears ordered tea and said they would like “ extra hot water “ he used to reply “ sorry madam i can only get it to 100 degrees” He was so proud of that one,and imho he should be.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Reminds me of this.

About 30 years ago my mate worked in M&S cafe whilst at college.When the old dears ordered tea and said they would like “ extra hot water “ he used to reply “ sorry madam i can only get it to 100 degrees” He was so proud of that one,and imho he should be.

Same when I've worked in pubs and the old dears come in and ask for "an extra hot latte please'.

No Sandra, the boiling point of milk is about half a degree above that of water. I can't change that, I'm not a wizard.

Really wound me up lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Same when I've worked in pubs and the old dears come in and ask for "an extra hot latte please'.

No Sandra, the boiling point of milk is about half a degree above that of water. I can't change that, I'm not a wizard.

Really wound me up lol

who goes to a pub and asks for a posh coffee?

throw them out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Really wound me up lol

If you're steaming the milk you have plenty of control over the temperature, that's why baristas use thermometers.  Typically you want to remove the steam wand at between 40-50 degrees so if you're serving lattes at 100.5 degrees they're definitely getting what they asked for lol 

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

If you're steaming the milk you have plenty of control over the temperature, that's why baristas use thermometers.  Typically you want to remove the steam wand at between 40-50 degrees so if you're serving lattes at 100.5 degrees they're definitely getting what they asked for lol 

That's why I worked in a pub, not Starbucks lol

Our machine had an auto cut-off when it reached temperature, so couldn't go hotter anyway.

I get why pubs serve coffees, but if that's all you're coming in for, go to Costa or something.

I don't go in a coffee shop and ask for a pint of Moretti!

The smoking ban changed so much in pubs, a lot of it stemmed from that I reckon.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I think you should start doing so.

Then compromise on an Irish coffee.

It would only be Irish flavoured, not alcoholic lol

It's a bit like when independent book shops started selling tins of beans because Tesco began selling discount priced books!

You want beer, go to a pub.

You want coffee, go to a coffee shop.

Whatever you want to do though, stay away from chains and support your local business. 

Buy a coffee from somewhere other than Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero.

Have a beer somewhere other than Wetherspoons, M&B, Greene King.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It would only be Irish flavoured, not alcoholic lol

It's a bit like when independent book shops started selling tins of beans because Tesco began selling discount priced books!

You want beer, go to a pub.

You want coffee, go to a coffee shop.

Whatever you want to do though, stay away from chains and support your local business. 

Buy a coffee from somewhere other than Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero.

Have a beer somewhere other than Wetherspoons, M&B, Greene King.

I don’t drink coffee, it tastes and smells like shit.

Awful stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're obviously not drinking the same coffee as me then.

I bloody love it, can neck it regularly during the day.

I actually bought one of those expensive Krups machines for the kitchen with a steam wand.

I'm quite fond of a vanilla latte, even though I hate myself for it lol

Never really been a big hot drink drinker, I hate tea, but my Mrs bought me a Brendan Rodgers With Tits mug, so I needed to use it! 

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're obviously not drinking the same coffee as me then.

I bloody love it, can neck it regularly during the day.

I’m not drinking any coffee tbf, and nor would you if your nasal receptors could not distinguish between the bean and excrement.

12 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Bloody love a good coffee. Instant coffee can get right in the bin though, it's not the same thing at all

It is totally different when its made from ground beans and frothed milk.

It's like the difference between a pint of Carlsberg and Peroni.

Can someone please post a bloody hilarious picture?

@Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot is craving some entertainment. He's literally clicked on here to see something funny and we're still talking coffee lol