Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

On 05/09/2021 at 20:31, tom27111 said:

It would only be Irish flavoured, not alcoholic lol

It's a bit like when independent book shops started selling tins of beans because Tesco began selling discount priced books!

You want beer, go to a pub.

You want coffee, go to a coffee shop.

Whatever you want to do though, stay away from chains and support your local business. 

Buy a coffee from somewhere other than Costa, Starbucks, Cafe Nero.

Have a beer somewhere other than Wetherspoons, M&B, Greene King.

Bit late to reply but I generally agree.

But, most pubs these days, including 'Spoons, will have guest beers on tap from independent breweries.

As for coffee shops, I rarely go to a coffee shop chain and I don't really get what the competition is. There must be a finite number of coffee types and varieties. I'd rather get my coffee from an independent outlet and I could guarantee it will be just the same as a chain but cheaper and without the pretentiousness.

As an aside, when I have used a Starbucks or whatever, people who say "could I get a...". No you can't get.. you can have... it's the servers job to get it for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone who knows Thurmaston will know this bridge is famous for flooding, and cars trying get through when it is. This is a first, and great teaching lol

IMG-20210914-WA0007.thumb.jpg.383baa4176b44d3448ebe23822e08823.jpg

Jesus christ ffs lol

There used to be a facebook group dedicated to posting pictures of the idiots stuck under there. You'd think people would learn that it floods under there with the slightest bit of rain but nope. Only takes 5 mins the long way round too. :doh:

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Jesus christ ffs lol

There used to be a facebook group dedicated to posting pictures of the idiots stuck under there. You'd think people would learn that it floods under there with the slightest bit of rain but nope. Only takes 5 mins the long way round too. :doh:

General rule is if you can't see the kerb, don't try and drive through.

It's usually BMW's under there, so makes a change. I really hope it's a lesson not a test lol

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone who knows Thurmaston will know this bridge is famous for flooding, and cars trying get through when it is. This is a first, and great teaching lol

IMG-20210914-WA0007.thumb.jpg.383baa4176b44d3448ebe23822e08823.jpg

I'm sure you or someone else posted almost the exact same post at christmas lol

• Like 1