Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Russia didn't exist in 1986.

Yes it did. That’s like saying England or Holland don’t  exist now.

Russia was the most powerful republic in the USSR and where the majority of the population were and essentially had 100% of the political power. A lot of the issues which caused the breakup of the Soviet Union came from Russia’s overwhelming power and many of the smaller republicans (like Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Georgia or Mongolia) feeling like they got zero say over their affairs.

It’s similar to the role England plays within the UK or Holland plays within the Netherlands nowadays. Also like England in the UK or Holland in the Netherlands, it was extremely common for foreigners to refer to the entire USSR as Russia, even when they meant the whole of the USSR, because of its history and political clout.

It often happens when one country or province has the majority of the population and therefore almost all the political power within a national union.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Did he put his hand up just before taking a corner? Someone tell me, what the f is all that about? Never understood it.

I think a lot of players use it to let the team know what sort of corner it's going to be eg right hand up in the air = near post, both hands = far post etc but I think a lot of people just do it to look professional and not a clue what it's used for. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I think a lot of players use it to let the team know what sort of corner it's going to be eg right hand up in the air = near post, both hands = far post etc but I think a lot of people just do it to look professional and not a clue what it's used for. 

so whats our signal for "gonna boot it straight at the first defender"?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yes it did. That’s like saying England or Holland don’t  exist now.

Russia was the most powerful republic in the USSR and where the majority of the population were and essentially had 100% of the political power. A lot of the issues which caused the breakup of the Soviet Union came from Russia’s overwhelming power and many of the smaller republicans (like Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Georgia or Mongolia) feeling like they got zero say over their affairs.

It’s similar to the role England plays within the UK or Holland plays within the Netherlands nowadays. Also like England in the UK or Holland in the Netherlands, it was extremely common for foreigners to refer to the entire USSR as Russia, even when they meant the whole of the USSR, because of its history and political clout.

It often happens when one country or province has the majority of the population and therefore almost all the political power within a national union.

You know what I mean. As I was being pedantic, you are equally. 

Of course people refer to USSR as Russia, just as people refer to Great Britain or UK as England.

None of them are right though.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You know what I mean. As I was being pedantic, you are equally. 

Of course people refer to USSR as Russia, just as people refer to Great Britain or UK as England.

None of them are right though.

Don't mention Northern Ireland as the majority of them think they are British. My UK passport says United Kingdom of Great Britain  AND Northern Ireland! What am I missing?