Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterfox86

Classic stars of Champ Man

I've just been reading this article on players who were amazing in Championship Manager but rubbish in real life. Brought back some real memories. Everyone wanted a piece of Kezman a few years ago, and then when he did turn up in the Premier League he was fat and rubbish. Chris Bart Williams was also a must buy in the first game. Anyone remember any others?

Dionisis Chiotis was possibly the second or third-best keeper back in the CM 99/00 I think, way way overrated.

Andri Sigporsson (pronounced Sigthorsson) was an Icelandic beast. Would cut it at any top level club!

Clearly remember To Madeira as well. What a goal machine he was.

Scott Huckerby (playing at Telford at the time) was a brilliant player for peanuts and could easily play at a lower Prem club.

But what about Rafael Castillo, Evandro Roncatto, Fredy William Thompson and my personal favourite Alessio Cerci? :D

Edit: There are way too many to list, I keep remembering obscure names while reminiscing :P

reversing this thread slightly - buying Sergio Ramos & Leo Messi on FM 2005 was a waste of a transfer budget, they were available for about 2 mill each, signed them for leicester on one game and they were absolutely shocking in every position even in the championship.

As someone who religiously played CM 00/01 & 01/02 for about 5 years, I have plenty.

These players were always either amazing and great value for money, and i'd sign them wherever I went.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic- £2.5m from Malmo

Kim Kallstrom- £1m + £1m after 50 int apps from Hacken

Kennedy Bakircioglu- £3m from Hammarby

Stefan Selackovic- £500k from Halmstad

Rade Prica- £2.5m from Helsinborgs

Petr Hansson- £500k from Halmstad

Khaled Bebo- Free (01/02)

George Weah- £85k from Some Egyptian club (01/02)

Chucks Nwoko- £300k from Birkirkara

Benjani- £500k from an african club I can't recall (but he ALWAYS got the arse after 6 months and wanted to leave for a bigger club)(01/02)

Big money buys that always worked were...

Martin Jorgensen- £3-6m from Brondby

Martin Palermo- £15m from Boca Juniors

Palermo was the beast. Wherever I signed him to he was amazing, always scoring so many goals it is untrue.

Other notable legendary CM players

Simon Colosimo- (Carlton)

Abubakari Yakubu- (Ajax)

Ivan Perez (Deportivo)

Bojan Djordjic (Man Utd or Free)

Leon Knight! (Chelsea)

Nuno (GK) From some Portugese club

Igor Biscan (Dinamo)

May have got slightlycarried away there :sweating:

As someone who religiously played CM 00/01 & 01/02 for about 5 years, I have plenty.

These players were always either amazing and great value for money, and i'd sign them wherever I went.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic- £2.5m from Malmo

Kim Kallstrom- £1m + £1m after 50 int apps from Hacken

Kennedy Bakircioglu- £3m from Hammarby

Stefan Selackovic- £500k from Halmstad

Rade Prica- £2.5m from Helsinborgs

Petr Hansson- £500k from Halmstad

Khaled Bebo- Free (01/02)

George Weah- £85k from Some Egyptian club (01/02)

Chucks Nwoko- £300k from Birkirkara

Big money buys that always worked were...

Martin Jorgensen- £3-6m from Brondby

Martin Palermo- £15m from Boca Juniors

Palermo was the beast. Wherever I signed him to he was amazing, always scoring so many goals it is untrue.

Abubakari Yakubu- (Ajax)

Bojan Djordjic (Man Utd or Free)

All :thumbup:

The Swedish teams/players were ridiculously good. Sharbel Touma, Stefan Ishizaki, Tommy Jönsson, Teddy Lucic (although admittedly had a good career) etc.

Palermo is still a beast in the latest FM version. Fantastic target man.

All :thumbup:

The Swedish teams/players were ridiculously good.

They sure were. I always used to get Kim Kallstrom.

Eder Bau was another for me... never amounted to much in real life.

Gareth Jelleyman... hehehehehehehehe. Who? In fact I seem to remember there being 2-3 decent players who could be poached from the Posh in CM4.

Joey Beauchamp from Oxford I think.

He was in my champ man 92/93 dream team.

What a team that was. I played a 4-3-3 and had an unstoppable forward line of Nick Barmby, Julian Joachim and Nigel Clough. My midfield of Ryan Giggs, Chris Bart-Williams and Joey Beauchamp were just as formidable and my defence was like an impenetrable brick-wall. I can't remember the defence but I think I had Steve Walsh alongside Richard Hall. I think I had Chris Armstrong on the bench and Gary Speed as well.

In Champ Man 2, Oleg Luzhny was a 1 man defence

Archived