Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Super Mario Galaxy 2

After my final exam and Denmark being humiliated by Holland at the WC Monday, I am so all over this! Just finished up the first SMG with Luigi and what a joy that was. If everybody played a bit of Mario everyday, the world would be a much nicer place.

This is gaming genius.

360 and PS3 people must pick up this game. Buy a Wii if you have to.

Seriously it's that good.

Cetainly the best game Nintendo have ever produced.

If that's the case (which the reviews suggest). That means it is the best game ever...

Mario's had his day, let him rest in peace in that little hidden cloud in the sky.

kuh-um....

Edge Magazine

This isn’t a game that redefines the genre: this is one that rolls it up and locks it away.

Read Full Review >

1UP

Takes everything its predecessor did and maintains that urgent sense of wonder and discovery, creating a world that copies its past self, yet keeps the freshness that made it so exciting when the first game debuted two years ago.

Read Full Review >

IGN

Consider me “wowed.” Again. Yes, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score. But it’s not a “me too” experience -- a significant majority of this sequel is brand new.

Read Full Review >

Games Radar (in-house)

Expanding on the original’s brilliance, this ingenious platformer only gets better by embracing the Wii’s limited capabilities and adds so many ideas, big and small, that we can’t help but love it. Even if you (mistakenly) believe it’s too similar to the first game, what’s wrong with more of an incredibly great thing?

Read Full Review >

The Escapist

Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't tinker with the established formula very much, but we didn't really want it to. It's huge, brilliant, and gorgeous. It's why you started playing videogames in the first place.

Read Full Review >

Digital Chumps

Even the harshest critics will struggle to find fault in its symphony of imagination, execution, and polish, while fans will cherish its brilliance for years to come as one of the very best games in history. Quite simply put, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the reason I still play videogames.

Read Full Review >

Kombo

Super Mario Galaxy was a triumph, but the sequel manages to take things to a new level of excellence by adding new material as well as fixing elements that, in hindsight, did not appear to be broken.

Read Full Review >

Giant Bomb

For all the meaningful changes and additions that have been made, this is still more Super Mario Galaxy--which is to say that it looks and sounds about as good as a game for the Wii ever has, with consistently inventive level design, and exceptionally responsive gameplay.

Read Full Review >

GameSpot

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is simply an outstanding game. It never rests on its laurels for a second, constantly presenting new objectives and mechanics to push you to never before seen places. Even the two-player mode offers new abilities and delights, making it even more fun to play with a friend by your side.

Read Full Review >

Nintendo Life

Every once in a while a video game comes along that's just so spectacular that it ends up defining the very system it's released on and raises the bar by which all other games in the series and genre will be judged. It's safe to say that game has now arrived on the Wii console.

Read Full Review >

Kikizo

A whiff of expansion packishness aside, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is another breath of fresh air in an oppressively and perhaps misguidedly ‘mature’ gaming climate, a chubby, blue-eyed God among chest-bumping, photorealism-brown, cover-seeking insects. Whether you own a Wii or not, there are, quite frankly, no excuses.

Read Full Review >

Destructoid

They poured in the same creativity and imagination that made me fall in love with games like Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World. To me it feels like they finally felt the freedom and comfort in 3D platforming to get back to that Nintendo magic that we all remember. The end result is a galaxy of surprise after surprise, all coming together in a game that tops even my past favorites, making this the best Mario game Nintendo has released.

Read Full Review >

The Onion (A.V. Club)

It’s confounding how this simple world can evoke feelings of curiosity, wonder, and dread all at once.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer

A simple extension of the Galaxy concept, Super Mario Galaxy 2 can't possibly have the same impact. But it does have the same spirit, throwing new ideas at you with gleeful and impulsive abandon, leaving you breathless, scrambling happily to keep up.

Read Full Review >

Telegraph

For a game that runs so wild with imagination, it’s remarkable to witness everything executed with such elegance... Nintendo has drawn a giant, gleeful gallery of magnificent pictures and painted within the lines, all intoxicating detail and colour. It’s a toy box full of childlike wonder, but with a grown-up sensibility, where the pieces all fit.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer Portugal

The constant challenge provided (especially towards the end) joined with the ever-changing genres and challenges make Super Mario Galaxy 2 an exceptional game.

Read Full Review >

games

No matter which side of the gaming coin you come from, this whole new universe of planets is the most inventive, exuberant and, yes, fun set of challenges and diversions yet seen in the platform game genre. It miraculously outclasses a game that many believed could not be bettered, and once again leaves us wondering just how close Nintendo’s bar has come to reaching its theoretical peak.

Read Full Review >

Gamer Limit

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is quite possibly the best overall game of this generation. It succeeds in topping it's predecessor in every way.

Read Full Review >

Thunderbolt

Despite all its similarities, it offers so much more in terms of content and creativity. The sheer variety and unique twists on ideas make for some of the greatest platforming you’ll ever see. You can go through whole stretches of this game and find something new and completely different in each passing level.

Read Full Review >

Gamervision

It’s a blast to play from beginning to end, with plenty to do long after the game is completed. There is so little to complain about, and the few flaws barely detract from the experience.

Read Full Review >

Meristation

Super Mario Galaxy was considered one of the best platform games ever and we couldn't expect the same for its sequel. However, what Super Mario Galaxy 2 has achieved is amazing: every level contains a different and really original quest. You will play a totally new game inspired by the first game, but without copying it at all. In addition to this, Nintendo has also fixed most of the minor failures of its predecessor, including the low difficulty level.

Read Full Review >

GamerNode

There's just a ton of content that has been packed into SMG2, and almost every single minute of it feels fun, fresh, and true to its roots. Another check in the "win" column for Nintendo.

Read Full Review >

GameShark

Longtime Mario fans will gobble this up and love every nanosecond, while casual folks may find themselves letting the game play for them more often than not.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer Spain

Let's say it like it is: Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best 3D platformer of all time and the best game of the current generation.

Read Full Review >

Armchair Empire

In the end, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has done an excellent job of bringing back what players loved about the first Galaxy game, while steadily building upon the experience.

Read Full Review >

Wii Brasil

Some people will insist that it’s not worth playing, saying that it's more of the same, but you have the opportunity to play the pinnacle of what Nintendo has learned in the course of many decades, and I don't know what reasons someone would have to ignore it.

Read Full Review >

Gamereactor Sweden

Improves on the first game and charms every bone of our game-loving bodies. With platforming and visual design of astronomical proportions, this is the best game for Wii so far.

Read Full Review >

N-Europe

Galaxy 2 is a genre defining piece of software and one that is, as the title suggests: out of this world.

Read Full Review >

VideoGamer

With so many new ideas, a control scheme that never lets you down, a huge amount to see and do, charming presentation and that certain Nintendo magic, the Wii finally has a game that's better than Mario Galaxy.

Read Full Review >

Teletext GameCentral

Nintendo beat their previous best yet again with a masterclass in imagination, game design and sheer fun.

Read Full Review >

Everyeye.it

Too many times the word masterpiece has been used in an improper way, losing its real meaning. So, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not a masterpiece. Is something words just can’t describe, standing tall above all those canons which normally define a videogame. Its incredible level design, its addictive fun, shining graphics and a wonderful score make it an extremely well crafted jewel, one that's destined to shine forever in the history of videogames.

Read Full Review >

IGN UK

Simply the ultimate refinement of Nintendo's already masterful control of the genre; it's lovingly crafted, sumptuously presented and an absolute, unmitigated joy to play.

Read Full Review >

Gamer.nl

Simply put, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a better game than the original. Each galaxy looks unique and offers an unforgettable experience with a plethora of secrets waiting to be found. New gameplay elements are rapidly introduced and will keep you interested throughout the entire game. The game is challenging but never frustrating. Mario and his friends once again take you on a journey through space and provide so much entertainment, you’ll immediately start playing again after you finish it.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer Italy

Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't just a phenomenal videogame. It's a true paradigm of game design and originality, something that will be looked at for years and years.

Read Full Review >

Finally had some time with this piece of awesomeness and collected the first 20 stars. Drill and 2d levels are pure brilliance, also Gobblegut felt like a Zelda bossfight. Enjoying this immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed it! Got 124 Stars and counting...

Some of those Special Galaxies are a right bugger...

Nice work Phube! I got sidetracked by the World Cup and Metroid Prime, so I only have about 30 stars. Guess you are going to get them all, so you are only about half way there, so enjoy the rest of the fun and please tell me, that Bouldergeist, the little midget spirit from SMG does not make a reappearance.

Nice work Phube! I got sidetracked by the World Cup and Metroid Prime, so I only have about 30 stars. Guess you are going to get them all, so you are only about half way there, so enjoy the rest of the fun and please tell me, that Bouldergeist, the little midget spirit from SMG does not make a reappearance.

lol lol

You just wait.... He is part of a SMG1 Boss extravaganza in the Special World (After defeating Bowser).

You get Petey Pirahna, Lava Octopus, Mole man thing, Bouldergeist, and then a Flaming Petey Pirahna....

But that's not it, the comet coin one you have only 5 mins to beat them ALL!!!! :o

P.s. Is it Prime 1, cause that is quality... loved in the GameCube days...

lol lol

You just wait.... He is part of a SMG1 Boss extravaganza in the Special World (After defeating Bowser).

You get Petey Pirahna, Lava Octopus, Mole man thing, Bouldergeist, and then a Flaming Petey Pirahna....

But that's not it, the comet coin one you have only 5 mins to beat them ALL!!!! :o

P.s. Is it Prime 1, cause that is quality... loved in the GameCube days...

Oh man.... I'm gonna be so stuck on that star then... It will take me ages to 100% this beauty then. Got a few stars today actually and think I'm up to 37 now including some of the very first prankster comets - enjoyed the purple run on the Flip-Switch Galaxy.

Yep, its the first Prime. Never played a Metroid game before, and got the Trilogy a while back, and after counting down the days to the European release of SMG2, I suddenly felt the surge to immerse myself into the world of Samus Aran. Just got the Power Bomb upgrade deep in the Phazon Mines - Enjoying it a lot, love the scanning, but not to sure about the serious backtracking.

You've not completed it until you have all 242 stars.

:thumbup:

Hence the and counting bit...

I now have 143... some easy some really tax your triple- and wall jump ability!

Oh man.... I'm gonna be so stuck on that star then... It will take me ages to 100% this beauty then. Got a few stars today actually and think I'm up to 37 now including some of the very first prankster comets - enjoyed the purple run on the Flip-Switch Galaxy.

Yep, its the first Prime. Never played a Metroid game before, and got the Trilogy a while back, and after counting down the days to the European release of SMG2, I suddenly felt the surge to immerse myself into the world of Samus Aran. Just got the Power Bomb upgrade deep in the Phazon Mines - Enjoying it a lot, love the scanning, but not to sure about the serious backtracking.

Welcome the the back-tracking world of Metroid!

Think I have about 65 stars now. Had a great long session with a mate the other day, where I in true girlfriend-mode fashion had my mate controlling Mario and me helping out with the P2 Luma. Makes some of the stars really easy compared to 1player gameplay, but lots of fun anyways. Flip-flop galaxy or whatever it is called with the boss called Glamdozer is frickin brilliant. Love this game.

Edit: The one I called Flip-flop galaxy is actually called Flipsville galaxy - it is brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 76 stars now. Really enjoying this game! One thing that makes this game so good is that the water and sand levels are really enjoyable!! In Super Mario 64 (one of my all time favourites) I hated the water and sand levels, but in this game all the levels are great!!

Sandslide Galaxy is really entertaining. Love the bit where you roll down the slide having to avoid the rolling thwomp things..

Im only getting near the 80 star mark, but I'm doing the prankster comets along the way, so only just unlocked world 6. Stuck on the Bee galaxy Honeyhop with the chimp challenge right now, as I seriously suck at putting together proper combos on the electrogoombas or whatever they are called. First time through the Melty Monster galaxy was jaw dropping epic, but Flipsville galaxy is still my favorite I think

On a side note, I finished Metroid Prime 1. Thought it was okey, but with the praise it gets, I feel a tad disappointed. Dark first person shooters is really not my thing, even in the Metroid Prime packaging.

Archived