Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Fook me, I'm on the hidden star in Upside Dizzy Galaxy. It's the one where you have to burn all the crates in 20 secs. ANybody got any tips for this? I think I've tried it like 15 times and failed each time. Almost broke my wiimote yesterday haha :frusty:

Fook me, I'm on the hidden star in Upside Dizzy Galaxy. It's the one where you have to burn all the crates in 20 secs. ANybody got any tips for this? I think I've tried it like 15 times and failed each time. Almost broke my wiimote yesterday haha :frusty:

Yeah, that is a bitchy star to get. I struggled with that one too. My plan became to start out popping the crates right in front of you as you start, and then quickly long jump to the bottom left and move sideways while shooting fireballs upwards. Still took a lot of goes before I nailed it.

Might get this, even if I haven't played on my Wii in a year, is it worth it?

As Jonezy said, the critics score is quite outstanding!

I was in a similar situation as you having not played on my Wii since summer 2009, but that has changed since I bought SMG2. Have played it every day since I got it. It truly is a gem! I really feel like it is money well spent, as the entertainment value rises throughout the game. Of course you get a few annoying levels, but which game doesn't have them. My advice is for you to invest now!!

You can semi-cheat... if you have a 2nd player. They can break the crates you miss... even so took me and the Missus about 20 attempts... lol

I am now currently on 208 stars!!

Only 34 to go.... :)

Impressive. Ready to get stuck on the last one...?

I'm about 90 in now, but still haven't done the Chimp challenge on Honeyhop... Its really kicking my ass, but at least I'm getting close now. Must have tried about 50 times now......

Impressive. Ready to get stuck on the last one...?

I'm about 90 in now, but still haven't done the Chimp challenge on Honeyhop... Its really kicking my ass, but at least I'm getting close now. Must have tried about 50 times now......

I was stuck on this for a while but then I found a trick that worked really well. When you jump, do a spin in mid-air. It makes it much easier to judge your landing and score some good combos. And don't bother going for the places where there's only one or two enemies. Try and get to the top because there are millions up there.

241!!! :celebrate:

But the last one is just silly! :(

Phube, you will become the Wii equivalent of the 360/PS3 fanatic who has to achieve 10th prestige on COD if you get the last one. :thumbup:

I really need to pick this one up again. Smartish.

There's a whole load of stuff out Sept/Oct. which looks v. tempting.

I am now up to 87 stars with this.

Threw the remote across the room on the purple coin run through those wheel cogs. Got 99 out of 100, saw the last one and ran out of time by a couple of seconds attempting to get back to it. lol

Managed to finish it after about 10 attempts. Some of the pranksters are very tricky.

In terms of pure gaming fun, not a lot comes close to this title so far this year. Definate game of the year contender.

Have to say 10 stars in, whilst admitting that the game needs to be given a bit more of a chance, can't really see how is improved on the orginal massively hoping it gets better. Seems to lack variety at the minute seemed to have done 10 generic platform levels of which half have had a pathetically easy boss at the end

Have to say 10 stars in, whilst admitting that the game needs to be given a bit more of a chance, can't really see how is improved on the orginal massively hoping it gets better. Seems to lack variety at the minute seemed to have done 10 generic platform levels of which half have had a pathetically easy boss at the end

World 6, boss level on prankster comet. Speed run. This is not pathetically easy!

Took me 40 minutes.

I agree some of it is easy but some of the levels are pretty tough - even for seasoned gamers like us :thumbup:

Keep with it - I've got 104 stars now. ;)

World 6, boss level on prankster comet. Speed run. This is not pathetically easy!

Took me 40 minutes.

I agree some of it is easy but some of the levels are pretty tough - even for seasoned gamers like us :thumbup:

Keep with it - I've got 104 stars now. ;)

Nah you see I have neither the time nor the inclanation to go for 241 stars, so the hard stars will end up just getting sacked off. I'll just save the princess and probably sell it as I have too many games at the moment anyway.

Getting 241 is obviously extremly hard I doubt Phube has eaten or slept since he posted that he had 240 and still not got the last one lol

I can cope with easy anyway I'm just hoping it gets a bit more enjoyable.

Nah you see I have neither the time nor the inclanation to go for 241 stars, so the hard stars will end up just getting sacked off. I'll just save the princess and probably sell it as I have too many games at the moment anyway.

Getting 241 is obviously extremly hard I doubt Phube has eaten or slept since he posted that he had 240 and still not got the last one lol

I can cope with easy anyway I'm just hoping it gets a bit more enjoyable.

There are 242... I'm on 241... the last is just silly...

Here's why...

There are 242... I'm on 241... the last is just silly...

Here's why...

I can only imagine the amount of rage infused controller destructions caused by the 3 boomerang bros at the end after going through all the other stuff first......

Archived