Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

If you can get him

Sime Vrsaljko ;)

Yeah to be honest Gallagher isn't my main worry it's Dyer i want to replace

Dyer's been good for me so far, play him in AML as an attacking winger, lots of running with the ball and crossing, make sure he hugs the touchine and crosses from byline.

Fairly good start with City on the new patch.

Kicked off with a 4-1 win over Hull with debut goals from Vitor, Bamba, Whittingham and Yakubu. behind to a Fryatt pen after 2 mins :frusty:

Had to come from 1 behind again to win at home to Hartlepool in the League Cup, Dyer and Buzsaky rescuing me late on.

Next up was a 2-2 away at Ipswich, pretty even game.

Comfortable 2-0 at home to Palace next followed by a 3-0 win in extra time away to Tranmere. Schlupp off the bench with the breakthrough in the 95th min.

Came from 2 down at Watford to draw 2-2, Yakubu's scoring for fun by now.

Another comfortable 2-1 at home to Reading followed by a pretty lacklustre 2-1 defeat away to Swansea. Pulled it back to 1-1 on 85 mins but conceded a winner in stoppage time.

Lastly a 5-1 win at home to Leeds with Bamba beginning to destroy teams at set pieces.

Mainly playing a 4-3-3 with a flat 3 of Whittingham, King, Buzsaky in midfield and fairly attacking wingers. Sometimes drop to a flat 5 to pack the midfield away from home. Buzsaky has 4 from outside the box in 7 starts, Bamba's on 5 in 9 and the Yak has 7 in 7 starts.

Currently sitting 3rd after 7 games with 14 points, Forest are top with 18.

EDIT: Add to that a cracker of a league cup 3rd round tie at home to Bolton. 4-3 aet. 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3

I think I've had a pretty decent start to the season but have hit a poor run of form... I'm now 7th after 19 games 3 points off the play-offs. I'm still confident I'll get promoted since we were playing excellently before the last couple of games and I've already played all of the top 15 sides. But we seem to drop points to crap teams like Doncaster we drew 3-3 with. Other than that had a cracking cup run which ironically ended at home to Man City (beat Crewe, Cov and Spurs on the way) Sheff Utd and Ipswich are the top two.

Here's my team and the 3 formations I use during training any recomendations would be greatly appreciated;

Goalkeepers

Ricardo (currently starting)

Andrea Gualatelli (sub)

Chris Weale (wanted on loan by Celtic)

Conrad Logan (transfer listed)

Robert Ambrusics (on loan at Northampton)

Defenders

RB - Michael Lamey (Reserves/Sub)

RB - Kyle Naughton (currently starting)

RB/CB - Miguel Vitor (sub)

CB - Abdoulaye Meite (currently starting)

CB - Jack Hobbs (sub)

CB - Sol Bamba (currently starting)

CB - Alexsandar Tunchev (injured)

CB/LB - Ben Mee (sub)

LB - Bruno Berner (currently starting)

LB - Patrick Van Aanholt (sub)

Midfielders

CDM - Yuki Abe (currently starting)

RCM - Richie Wellens (currently starting)

LCM - Andy King (currently starting)

AM/LM - Paul Gallagher (rotation)

AM - Petter Andersson (sub)

CM - Matt Oakley (sub)

AM - Frank Moussa (wanted)

W - Lloyd Dyer (sub)

Strikers

Steve Howard (wanted)

Yakubu (currently starting)

Darius Vassell (starting)

Kevin Phillips (injured)

Martyn Waghorn (sub)

Danny Uchechi (sub)

Peter Utaka (joining in January, currently at the end of November)

Formations

4-2-2

4-3-3

4-3-1-2

Players I'm looking at signing in Jan

Alvaro Morata

Peter Whittingham

Raul

Players I'm looking at ridding of in Jan

Steve Howard

Franck Moussa

Conrad Logan

Matt Oakley.

Thanks in advance.

Relegated on the last day of the season, lost the last three games and confirmed relegated when Forest, who were 18th, scored a 90th minute winner in their last game to leap frog us and dump us into 18th on goal difference. Killer.

Alex Sandro was crap, Cesar Azpilicueta was crap, Labyad was crap. Boselli was good but injury prone, scored 12 goals. Adam Lallana is quality on the left wing. Also bought Alex Chamberlain but he was too young to make an impact. Him, Connor Wickham and my two young regen south american flair players are going to rip it up in the championship next season.

Bamba, the fool, reckons he deserves to move to a bigger club. He will be sold and replaced at the back by Jordon Spence.

Tore the championship apart in Season 3. Was top of the league from game 2 all the way to game 40, only dropping after my small squad had started suffering from injuries. Finished 2nd on 96 points scoring 107 goals, behind Fulham, who were backed by investment and lost only one game all season (at the walkers) and finished on 105 points.

Team

----------------------Boselli---------------------------

Lallana--------------------------------Chamberlain

--------------King-----------David Jones------------

--------------------Gislasen---------------------------

Sandro------Bamba------Hobbs---------Spence

-----------------------Ricardo---------------------------

Mauro Boselli had scored 30 goals in 27 games at the turn of the year, but then broke his foot and was ruled out for the rest of the season. Replaced him with Connor Wickham who played five games without scoring and then got injured for the rest of the season. He's still crap. Then replaced him with Gallagher who played three games and got injured for two months.

Finally I started playing Jay Emmanuel Thomas, who was on loan as a backup midfielder, as striker and he started banging them in again to prevent us from being caught up by 3rd place Sheff Weds. He scored a hat-trick on the last day in a 4 - 0 win. Boselli, who was by now just about fit, came on for the last ten minutes and scored the 4th, in doing so becoming the championship top scorer despite only playing just over half of the games. Lethal.

David Jones (1.7m from Wolves) was a rock in centre mid. Gislasen, a 19-year-old norweigan regen, played in the deep lying playmaker role which I'd set up for Alex Sandro. Gislasen got 30 assists and played so well he kept Sandro at left back. Bamba weighed in with 14 goals mostly from corners. He seemed to be ok with staying once we'd won the first eight games in a row.

I think I've had a pretty decent start to the season but have hit a poor run of form... I'm now 7th after 19 games 3 points off the play-offs. I'm still confident I'll get promoted since we were playing excellently before the last couple of games and I've already played all of the top 15 sides. But we seem to drop points to crap teams like Doncaster we drew 3-3 with. Other than that had a cracking cup run which ironically ended at home to Man City (beat Crewe, Cov and Spurs on the way) Sheff Utd and Ipswich are the top two.

Here's my team and the 3 formations I use during training any recomendations would be greatly appreciated;

Goalkeepers

Ricardo (currently starting)

Andrea Gualatelli (sub)

Chris Weale (wanted on loan by Celtic)

Conrad Logan (transfer listed)

Robert Ambrusics (on loan at Northampton)

Defenders

RB - Michael Lamey (Reserves/Sub)

RB - Kyle Naughton (currently starting)

RB/CB - Miguel Vitor (sub)

CB - Abdoulaye Meite (currently starting)

CB - Jack Hobbs (sub)

CB - Sol Bamba (currently starting)

CB - Alexsandar Tunchev (injured)

CB/LB - Ben Mee (sub)

LB - Bruno Berner (currently starting)

LB - Patrick Van Aanholt (sub)

Midfielders

CDM - Yuki Abe (currently starting)

RCM - Richie Wellens (currently starting)

LCM - Andy King (currently starting)

AM/LM - Paul Gallagher (rotation)

AM - Petter Andersson (sub)

CM - Matt Oakley (sub)

AM - Frank Moussa (wanted)

W - Lloyd Dyer (sub)

Strikers

Steve Howard (wanted)

Yakubu (currently starting)

Darius Vassell (starting)

Kevin Phillips (injured)

Martyn Waghorn (sub)

Danny Uchechi (sub)

Peter Utaka (joining in January, currently at the end of November)

Formations

4-2-2

4-3-3

4-3-1-2

Players I'm looking at signing in Jan

Alvaro Morata

Peter Whittingham

Raul

Players I'm looking at ridding of in Jan

Steve Howard

Franck Moussa

Conrad Logan

Matt Oakley.

Thanks in advance.

No offence to any one who has done this but, i really don't understand why people buy players on football manager that aren't at least a level above your teams current level.

For instance in the first season as Leicester if you're not buying players ready for the prem next year or youngsters set to be in the prem next season then your wasting your time.

If your playing as Man Utd buy World Class players or youngsters set to be World Class not Kieron Dyer and Luis Boa Morte.

Basically only sign players who are too good to play for you in real life.

I can understand if you spent millions on one player and then are left scrabbling to fill the squad but only buying championship players in the first season for Leicester is criminal.

(Saying that im sure someone will go back a few pages and tell me i bought someone right shit and make me look like a knob.)

No offence to any one who has done this but, i really don't understand why people buy players on football manager that aren't at least a level above your teams current level.

For instance in the first season as Leicester if you're not buying players ready for the prem next year or youngsters set to be in the prem next season then your wasting your time.

If your playing as Man Utd buy World Class players or youngsters set to be World Class not Kieron Dyer and Luis Boa Morte.

I can understand if you spent millions on one player and then are left scrabbling to fill the squad but only buying championship players in the first season for Leicester is criminal.

(Saying that im sure someone will go back a few pages and tell me i bought someone right shit and make me look like a knob.)

It's got harder and harder with each instalment to bring in coups though. You still have to pay obscene amounts to prem clubs for their reserves and even then the players don't want to come.

In 09 and 2010 it was a bit easier but now it seems to require a slow building process if you're sensible or completely rinsing your transfer budget if you do bag promotion.

Bringing in prem loans and signing the best champ players has worked best for me. Prem players are just too expensive and a massive rip off. Everton want 14m for Yakubu. Alright he's been handy for me in the Champ but he's not ran away with the scoring charts, he's not even top. It's just ridiculous sometimes.

ive gone back to me wimbledon saved game and i got them relegated from championship in the 8th season. i was on £950 a week and then i got offered £23,000 a week at middlesborough in the prem so i took the job, left wimbledon as a legend and now im gonna try my luck at the prem

I try and get in as good as i can get but half the time no one wants to come!!

Yeah I've been saying that forever, Karl. Some of the players people sign and hype on here are absolutely dross. Then when you call them on this you always get the answer "Yeah well they're doing okay!" That's great, it means your tactics are probably pretty sound, now think how much better you could do with a decent fucking team!

The other one that annoys me is "his stats might not be high but he players better than them." No. Just, no.

Of course there are factors beyond the basic stats that contribute to performance, form and attitude, sure. But nothing severe enough to make Paul bloody Gallagher a tidy Premiership player on this game. He's utter shit. As are Waghorn, Fryatt and co'.

Yeah I've been saying that forever, Karl. Some of the players people sign and hype on here are absolutely dross. Then when you call them on this you always get the answer "Yeah well they're doing okay!" That's great, it means your tactics are probably pretty sound, now think how much better you could do with a decent fucking team!

The other one that annoys me is "his stats might not be high but he players better than them." No. Just, no.

Of course there are factors beyond the basic stats that contribute to performance, form and attitude, sure. But nothing severe enough to make Paul bloody Gallagher a tidy Premiership player on this game. He's utter shit. As are Waghorn, Fryatt and co'.

I hate people.

Where's this source of quality, affordable premiership players who are interested in moving to Leicester then? Genuinely interested.

I usually buy based on my scouts opinion on a players potential ability, but this usually means buying players who aren't very good at the beginning of the game.

Where's this source of quality, affordable premiership players who are interested in moving to Leicester then? Genuinely interested.

I usually buy based on my scouts opinion on a players potential ability, but this usually means buying players who aren't very good at the beginning of the game.

I usually end up looking abroad. You can often find a few obscure players that are possibilities. Just about given up trying to lure any prem players.

Whenever I try a Leicester game I just do completely rubbish and resign within 10 games normally. However, I do pretty well at every other team I manage (until my computer explodes and delete my save :cry:) .

How do you make yakubu bang the goals in for fun what do you set him as target man , advanced forward i dont know he just isnt scoring for me ! :angry:

And king how does he perform???

I used him as an advanced forward in my first season, he scored 35 in all comps and was the championship top scorer. I got promoted via the play-offs

has anyone got any suggestions for players for first season of leicester??? Keeper , winger or forward or anyone who scores for fun???

A right winger called Mauro Milan has been playing quite well for me. Signed him on a free.

Peter Whittingham's been an assist machine and Buzsaky bangs them in from range. They cost about 5m for the pair though.

Yakubu's been getting the goals for me. Not had much contribution from the flanks though :(

I ask myself, 'Who would Charlie Sheen buy?'

Archived