Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

It's got harder and harder with each instalment to bring in coups though. You still have to pay obscene amounts to prem clubs for their reserves and even then the players don't want to come.

I usually end up looking abroad. You can often find a few obscure players that are possibilities. Just about given up trying to lure any prem players.

It's not (much) harder now, and you provide the answer yourself. Seems to me that many only look for players in the English/British leagues. Smuts and Finners are right when saying that some don't buy very ambitiously/pay OTT for Championship level players. Also the bumming of Smithies is quite ridiculous. He doesn't get proper good before the 3rd or 4th season.

Peter Whittingham's been an assist machine and Buzsaky bangs them in from range. They cost about 5m for the pair though.

Point in case right there. They're about good enough for backup in the Prem. Leicester start with a midfield that is good enough to win the Champo. Fine if you insist playing with wide men, but even then Dyer is fine at that level and Gallagher is just about adequate. Get someone free like Mendy and loan e.g. Kakuta and you're all set :dunno:

Of course there are factors beyond the basic stats that contribute to performance, form and attitude, sure. But nothing severe enough to make Paul bloody Gallagher a tidy Premiership player on this game. He's utter shit. As are Waghorn, Fryatt and co'.

Andy King's good though :ph34r:

Where's this source of quality, affordable premiership players who are interested in moving to Leicester then? Genuinely interested.

I usually buy based on my scouts opinion on a players potential ability, but this usually means buying players who aren't very good at the beginning of the game.

As Haydos said, look abroad. Have more than the British leagues active. There are some great bargains out there that you can already get straight after promotion. Adam Vass. Annan, Dembele, Sané, Bolatti, Badelj even Lukaku if he hasn't been sold are all available and interested and cost peanuts compared to their ability. RvdV will usually be available too at the end of the first/start of the second Prem season etc. etc.

It's fine looking at scouts' PA assessment (if he's a good scout mind!), but don't pay too much attention the CA. The CA is just all his stats added and averaged into a base sum (roughly), but if those stats are distributed badly then he might seem decent to the scout but be utter crap.

I think Smithies is alright given he'll cost less than a mil.

Sure, but you can get Amelia for free second season and he's miles better. And by the time he turns out good enough to be a top signing, the market will have been flooded at least once with huge goalie talents.

just spent a big of cash:

14 million brazillian goalkeeper rafael &

20 million jordon henderson from sunderland. Wiped out all my transfer budget but sorts out the weakest parts of my play being goalkeeper and right winger. Not bad second season me thinks.

If you can get him

Sime Vrsaljko ;)

Yeah to be honest Gallagher isn't my main worry it's Dyer i want to replace

Vaclav Kadlec - Costs about 1.6m

Play his as a LAM on Inside forward he's devastating.

After another failed attempt with Leicester, Milan offered me the Wednesday job after Megson pretty much collected defensive midfielders and managed to guide them to 16th in the table :rolleyes: . I got them to 8th by the end of the season and MM has given me 5.5 mil to spend :wub: Complete overhaul of the squad is required, except for the back four which are pretty solid.

Bought in so far:

Michael Tonge- 100k

Vladimir Manchev- 300k

Mataja Kezmen- free

Peter Halmosi- 30k

Jack Colback- loan

Out:

more or less the whole reserves and most of the fringe players in the first team squad.

Giles Coke lol

Elliot position needs changing obv, Guppy less versatile, just have him on the left D(L)/AM(L) probably and perhaps Lennon with DM© instead of AM. Muzzy AM© option as well.

Good efffort if all they're stats are personalised as well :appl:

EDIT: Didn't read recent posts, thought you were doing it really seriously, no worries.

how do you edit the players like that?

Started with Palace. No money for players nor wages. Expected to avoid relegation.

Predictably, cashed in on Clyne and Zaha. Both went to Arsenal for combined £5m.

Signed Sylvinho on a free, Derek Geary as cover on a free, Roy Carroll on a free, Simon Cox on loan, Bannan on loan and Adam Le Fondre for £550k (the latter banging them in). Mid table at mo.

Pleased. Got a million in the bank too.

Stephen Aurier, might cost a bit but is fantastic.

insanely good at the minute, much appreciated :thumbup: although his name is Serge!

Sime Vrsaljko didn't want to come, but to be honest I don't give a toss now with Serge, cool name and good footballer too!

Archived