Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I don't think I've ever started with a good team.

Not because I think it's cheating, it just doesn't appeal to me.

It's appealing in network games, but otherwise I agree.

Which is a shame because I'd like to have players like Aguero, Messi or the like in my team but ever having that much money or wage capacity just isn't going to happen until they're about 30 odd.

I've been tempted by Palermo because they've got some cracking "second tier" star (if you see what I mean) players like Hernandez and Pastore but I think I'd piss the league without even needing to sign anyone.

Which is a shame because I'd like to have players like Aguero, Messi or the like in my team but ever having that much money or wage capacity just isn't going to happen until they're about 30 odd.

I've been tempted by Palermo because they've got some cracking "second tier" star (if you see what I mean) players like Hernandez and Pastore but I think I'd piss the league without even needing to sign anyone.

Pastore 'second tier'? :o:P

I thought I'd piss the league with Villa first season as well, but it hasn't happened. But it might only be the first season that's an actual challenge. Most of the deadwood will be gone before the start of the second where you can rebuild and spend much less wages on better players.

I started as Palermo once, was one of my best games. I usually get pissed off at the Italian league mind.

Who shall I start as guys? Like Finnegan says I don't want to have to wait 10 years before my team has any money, I want to buy some good players while they're still decent.

So upper table teams.

I'm thinking Santos purely for Neymar but that's not exactly a big team is it.

I started as Palermo once, was one of my best games. I usually get pissed off at the Italian league mind.

Who shall I start as guys? Like Finnegan says I don't want to have to wait 10 years before my team has any money, I want to buy some good players while they're still decent.

So upper table teams.

I always find Lazio is a decent save, got a good starting base, little to no money but massive potential

So upper table teams.

Sampdoria/Genoa/Fiorentina/Napoli would all be fun-ish starting bases in Italy.

Villareal/At Madrid if you fancy challenging for La Liga?

Dortmund/Wolfsburg/Stuttgart in Germany.

Bordeaux in france?

thinking of putting my city/scotland save to the side and starting a new.

Torn between Celtic, Benfica, Dortmund or Everton - any suggestions?

Benfica and Celtic are pointless, your only challenge will be the Champions League. Everton will be boring, it's just like any other Premiership save you've ever played.

Go with Dortmund. Nice, talented squad but not over rated on the game (in fact, to be honest, some like Shinji, Kuba (Błaszczykowski,) Gotze and Bender are criminally underrated.

thinking of putting my city/scotland save to the side and starting a new.

Torn between Celtic, Benfica, Dortmund or Everton - any suggestions?

could have a blast with Olympiakos? might be easy domestically, but europe will be a challenge.

I don't like the co-ownership shit with Italian clubs.

I quite like it, the only time it annoys me is when you have to decide if you want to keep these really **** players you didn't even realise you co-owned.

Top with Brighton in first season after 24 games.

Bruma's been a revelation on loan, but he'll be off back to Chelsea soon. Got Freddie Sears on loan too but he can't score for shit. Good job I've got about 87 strikers on the books.

Espanyol is probably what you're looking for. Top half, no big stars, big stadium = lots of potential, and it should be quite easy to get rid of deadwood and get top players in on relatively low wages. It'll likely take you a few years of much success before you can attract the really big names.

Good luck with Santos!

Right, now we've had the final update from SI Games, I've decided to start my game with Leicester City.

It's going pretty well, clear at the top of the Championship by 5 points after nine games, winning eight and losing just the once to dirty Leeds.

I've made some massive wholesale changes to the squad, in an attempt to mix it up a bit and add some talented youth. I've also picked up some great players for low value.

Some notable ins and outs are:

OUT

Howard, Neilson, Weale, Logan, Oakley, Dyer, Vassell, Moreno, Gallagher

Some are loans with a view to perm

IN

Smithies, Eagles, Djuric, JL Samueal, Cairney, Khune, Quercia, Obertan, Driver

Again some are loans.

Yakubu hasn't got off to the best of starts and has only netted the once. Quercia is a player I've not come across before but he's netted 6 in 9 so looks a bargin at a cool £1.2m. Djuric has got 5 in 11 from the left wing as well with 7 assists. Again bargin at 1.2m.

Obertan is dire!!

Went with tolouse in france instead - midtable club, only 2 fit strikers at the club (both on loan) and absolutely no money.

had to sell Braaten to wigan just to bring in elliot chamberlain from leicester (loan) & Adiliadiere (sp) to give me some sort of option in attack.

Threw away a 2-0 lead with 20 minutes to go to draw 2-2 at home on the opening day, then won 3-0 at bordeaux.

Archived