Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

17 reflexes out of 20 so not that bad

you're missing the point quite badly here.

Jensen is not worth anywhere near 3m, i'd reckon paying 300k for him would be a stretch. You wasted your transfer budget when you could have brought in a better keeper for cheaper.

3mil for Jensen? Saw you coming sunshine, spurs paid 400k for him second season on mine.

Could have signed Joe Lewis/Alex Smithies for 1.5 who are both younger and Lewis is better than him.

And easier way to do screenshots is just alt + F9, saves the screen in;

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > Screenshots

then just upload from there to imageshack or photobucket ect.

Currently 12th after 14 games in my second season, in the EPL now, won 4, drawn 5, lost 5, 17 points

Wolves are in 8th on 19 points, Stoke and Fulham and both on 12 points in 18th and 19th respectively.

Team and transfers

With promotion already secured I needed a better result than Swansea going into the last day. They drew 0-0 away at Derby while I was lucky to beat Middlesboro, Vassell grabbing a winner deep in stoppage time to take me to the title.

1y9wt3.jpg

zwax5j.jpg

2cxux3n.jpg

Need to improve in most areas in the summer, quite a few will only be good enough for back ups.

Anyone suggest any good 2nd season signings?

into the 2017/18 season now, and in the Europa League again. hoping to go all the way this year after going out on penalties in the Champions League 2 years ago in the last 16 and on penalties again in the Europa League quarters last year.

was leading the pack going into christmas last season, when my 3 main strikers got injured, and my season capitulated from there. had to sign david villa on loan to cope before he got crocked as well. ended up finishing 5th. currently joint top after 3 games, and hoping to win the prem this year!

After securing promotion had a 4m bid accepted for Yakubu but he wants 82k a week. Urgh.

Anyone had Alberto Bueno in the Prem? He raped the Championship with about 38 goals.

Got Yak down to 48k, not sure if I'll go through with it as i'm paying about 2m for agent and signing on fees as well.

One thing that really fvcks me off about this game is when you get promoted your budgets/reputation aren't adjusted for ages. I'm in the middle of June trying to agree a few free transfers/poach some listed players but can't be competitive with most of them because money hasn't been made available yet or they aren't interested because i'm still 'technically' still in the Championship.

Another thing...Where does Santa Cruz get off asking for 100k a week after leaving Man City?

Anyone had Alberto Bueno in the Prem? He raped the Championship with about 38 goals.

Yes, hence why I recommended him JUST on the previous page :P

He's still in my Leicester squad in season 2015/16 and has an excellent goals to games ratio. He's fine trequartista material and will rip many defenses apart as a second half sub :thumbup:

Started a proper one that im gonna stick with now, using leicester:

I Sold Hobbs for 1.4 million

signed Amdy Faye and Edu on free transfers, Brian Jensen 3 million, Marcel Seip 375k and Greg Cunningham on loan

Bloody hell 3 mil for Jensen? could have got much better mate

Hobbs is a decent player i always keep him on

Cunningham is decent but never signed him myself

Is Carini still a free on the new database?

Nope he's about a million now

One thing that really fvcks me off about this game is when you get promoted your budgets/reputation aren't adjusted for ages. I'm in the middle of June trying to agree a few free transfers/poach some listed players but can't be competitive with most of them because money hasn't been made available yet or they aren't interested because i'm still 'technically' still in the Championship.

Yes! same here i lost out on signing Naughton because of this, highly annoying! Oh and saw your screenshots, you play a very similar system to me

---------------

Oh and shen thanks for the extra suggestions ;)

I have to say another thing that does my nut in and it must be a bug is the amount of goals CB's get! Hobbs got 10 for me and so did Bamba, i mean some of them goals were cruical so i'm not gonna moan there lol but overall it needs to be addressed in FM 2012.. Not one of my FB's got a goal tho :( even set Naughton to take long shots sometimes but just wasn't lucky

Oh and shen thanks for the extra suggestions ;)

I have to say another thing that does my nut in and it must be a bug is the amount of goals CB's get! Hobbs got 10 for me and so did Bamba, i mean some of them goals were cruical so i'm not gonna moan there lol but overall it needs to be addressed in FM 2012.. Not one of my FB's got a goal tho :( even set Naughton to take long shots sometimes but just wasn't lucky

No problem.

As for fullbacks scoring, if your tactics are standard or less, you'll find them going forward into scoring positions much less often, likewise if you play quite wide.

I'm getting to the stage where im bouncing from new game to new game again which isnt great. Thankfully i have my immense City game to fall back on when i get bored.

Tonight im gonna start a game with City on the new patch. If Kadlec, Vrsaljko, Toloi, Clyne, Badelj, Wickham and Muniesa come to me and i can find an AMR that i like and will stick with then im sure ill smash through that game. If i don't then ill throw a paddy and go back to my other game.

Hoping my first season City team will look summat like:

Smithies

Vrsaljko - Muniesa - Toloi - Clyne

King - Badelj

AMR - Kadlec

Wickham - Yakubu

Subs:

Ricardo

Bamba

Naughton

Abe

Gally

Vassell

Mouche

Then anyone else i can't get rid of as backup for the backups.

Can anyone recommend a quality Right Winger who would come to Leicester first season even on Loan? I'm gonna have a cheeky bid at Torje and Ninis but doubt they'll fly. I'd take Weiss on loan but he's at Rangers IIRC. I've not played much on the newest patch so i've not got a clue who to buy there.

Also i usually only load up the English leagues from L2 upwards with a large database but players like Dodo are never on the database. If i loaded up the Brazillian leagues but didn't make them playable would there be more Brazillian players available? And does anyone recommend other leagues to have open to see more players?

Just signed Wickham for 3 million and Mark Cullen for 2.5 million, i beat S****horpe 3-1 in league cup second round, Cunningham,Gallagher and Faye got the goals

returned to league action with a 2-2 away draw with Derby, Bywater own goal and Andy King scored a 92nd minute equaliser

On promotion to the prem my transfers so far have been....

Outs

Hobbs - 5m

Waggy - 4.3

Moussa - 550k

Tunch - Free

Lamey - Free

Abe - 775k

Howard - 100k

Moreno - 300k

Moreira - 350k

Ins

Ishmael Miller - 240k

Mikael Lustig - 1m

Alberto Bueno - 2.5m

Yakubu - 2m

Marco Amelia - Free

Andres Guardado - 3.3m

Niko Kranjcar - 3.9m

Joseph Yobo - 3m

Richie De Laet - Loan

Ilsinho -Free

Rest of squad

Ricardo

Aleksander Rajcevic

Sol Bamba

Jlloyd Samuel

Andy King

Richie Wellens

Paul Gallagher

Peter Whittingham

Akos Buzsaky

Lloyd Dyer

Rudy Skacel

Kasper Hamalainen

Darius Vassell

Mauro Milano

Got some quite good deals but gambled a bit on wages. All the deadwood is gone at least but my reserves are gonna suffer, won't be much youth coming through for a few years but that's not really necessary at the moment.

Yeah, wages are massive so I'm hoping for a mid-table finish with a couple of goodish cup runs. Got a fairly large squad but not sure quite how to use it, Blackpool approach or keep it tight :S

Another thing...Where does Santa Cruz get off asking for 100k a week after leaving Man City?

What I did was offer the money anyway and offer a contract, and if he accepts it and is about to sign, cancel the transfer, and then properly bid for him when you've got your money. This way no teams can sign him!

What I did was offer the money anyway and offer a contract, and if he accepts it and is about to sign, cancel the transfer, and then properly bid for him when you've got your money. This way no teams can sign him!

Uhh what? Teams can sign him when you cancel the transfer. Besides, wouldn't it affect the relationship with the agent and hence spike up the price for every negotiation? Oh and how do you offer the money AND offer him a contract he'll accept when the whole issue is that you cannot meet his wage demands before the 'season update'

that 3 million buy for Brian Jensen makes my 20 million for henderson look a bit better slightly less shocking

Much the same as Karl, I'm finding it hard to settle on one game now.

I think it's cos I don't reaaaally want to play but until I get my new laptop and replace my stolen 360 I've got fuck all else haha. Stormed the Bundesliga in my first season with Sankt Pauli and it put me off a bit, sort of too easy.

Giving Reading a bash and if that doesn't grip me I'll step into untried territory and go non-league.

Uhh what? Teams can sign him when you cancel the transfer. Besides, wouldn't it affect the relationship with the agent and hence spike up the price for every negotiation? Oh and how do you offer the money AND offer him a contract he'll accept when the whole issue is that you cannot meet his wage demands before the 'season update'

Think the point hes making is that if you have the wages but not the transfer fee you can stop other teams getting him by having your offer accepted and then the transfer falling through. Would buy you a couple of weeks game time.

Shen hook me up with AMR bargains and the best leagues to have open but not playable.

In a massive rut at the moment with Brighton, I hate it when this happens. Been second for pretty much the whole of the season, got three matches to go and just dropped out of the play-offs. Nothing I do or change seems to work, bloody annoying.

I agree with what Haydos said, actually. That's been fucking me off with every version of this for years. It pisses me off that, even if you have the money, players refuse to sign for you until you're "technically" in the Premiership even if you've guaranteed promotion. Stupid.

Surely it's a pretty easy bit of coding to change?

Archived