Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Giving Reading a bash and if that doesn't grip me I'll step into untried territory and go non-league.

:thumbup:

It's quite different when you struggle to sign even League Two youths. Vauxhall game is going nicely. Sitting in fourth after a third of the season.

Think the point hes making is that if you have the wages but not the transfer fee you can stop other teams getting him by having your offer accepted and then the transfer falling through. Would buy you a couple of weeks game time.

Shen hook me up with AMR bargains and the best leagues to have open but not playable.

Yeah, valid but nearly useless point imo. The salary cap will prevent offering any decent wages so you're likely to go for players that you could already attract in the Champo (i.e. not great players).

As for AMRs, well seeing as I hardly use them, I won't be the best for advice. You probably already know Buonanotte, Willian (got him second season for 4,2mil with Hoff admittedly after finishing 3rd), Shaqiri, Götze, Jonathan Legear, Jefferson Montero etc. Pedro Leon is usually in the Real reserves and could come cheap. Some young ones that could become good are Yaisien (PSG), Paul-Jose M'poku, Keko (Atl. Madrid), Stanley Okoro (if he gets a WP), Peniel Mlapa (Hoffenheim).

About the non-playable leagues, I'm not sure the players appear as the database shrinks when you make them non-playable. Tbh I haven't checked, I just pick them as playable :dunno:

Best leagues would probably be the main leagues though (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands at a stretch and Portugal) and if you fancy some of the top stuff pick the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues.

Btw check out Dario Conca and tell me it isn't annoying you cannot get a WP for him...

In a massive rut at the moment with Brighton, I hate it when this happens. Been second for pretty much the whole of the season, got three matches to go and just dropped out of the play-offs. Nothing I do or change seems to work, bloody annoying.

Won those last three matches to finish third. Won the play-off semi against Swindon on penalties after losing the first leg.

Got dicked 4-0 in the final. Anti-climax.

Took the Liverpool job in November. Won the FA Cup beating Leicester 5-1 :D I let my contract expire to the end of the season as the Liverpool board were being gay (offered me a transfer budget of £14 million, when we got to January said they couldn't afford it so reduced it down to £2 million!!) Bad financial position so I'm currently unemployed and want either a big job (Man City, Real Madrid... lots of money!) or maybe go back to my roots in the Championship and get another club promoted?!

Time will tell.

Took the Liverpool job in November. Won the FA Cup beating Leicester 5-1 :D I let my contract expire to the end of the season as the Liverpool board were being gay (offered me a transfer budget of £14 million, when we got to January said they couldn't afford it so reduced it down to £2 million!!) Bad financial position so I'm currently unemployed and want either a big job (Man City, Real Madrid... lots of money!) or maybe go back to my roots in the Championship and get another club promoted?!

Time will tell.

lol - i haven't heard that sort of comment in quite a while.

After winning the first game in the Prem 3-2 at home to Fulham I was up against Man U at Old Trafford next.

After being fairly outplayed but still holding my own I knicked a goal against the run of play and they didn't really create many chances for the rest of the game. After awarding 5 minutes of stoppage time (somehow), and with no subs made during that period Berbatov pops up at a corner (which i'm sure they shouldn't have been allowed to take) to head home in the 96th minute. Livid.

2gxnx9z.jpg

After winning the first game in the Prem 3-2 at home to Fulham I was up against Man U at Old Trafford next.

After being fairly outplayed but still holding my own I knicked a goal against the run of play and they didn't really create many chances for the rest of the game. After awarding 5 minutes of stoppage time (somehow), and with no subs made during that period Berbatov pops up at a corner (which i'm sure they shouldn't have been allowed to take) to head home in the 96th minute. Livid.

2gxnx9z.jpg

Well if that isn't realistic i don't know what is!

Think the point hes making is that if you have the wages but not the transfer fee you can stop other teams getting him by having your offer accepted and then the transfer falling through. Would buy you a couple of weeks game time.

Shen hook me up with AMR bargains and the best leagues to have open but not playable.

Marcel Risse has been doing a cracking job for me on the right! Also Matt Phillips turns out to be a very good player as well!

As for AMRs, well seeing as I hardly use them, I won't be the best for advice. You probably already know Buonanotte, Willian (got him second season for 4,2mil with Hoff admittedly after finishing 3rd), Shaqiri, Götze, Jonathan Legear, Jefferson Montero etc. Pedro Leon is usually in the Real reserves and could come cheap. Some young ones that could become good are Yaisien (PSG), Paul-Jose M'poku, Keko (Atl. Madrid), Stanley Okoro (if he gets a WP), Peniel Mlapa (Hoffenheim).

About the non-playable leagues, I'm not sure the players appear as the database shrinks when you make them non-playable. Tbh I haven't checked, I just pick them as playable :dunno:

Best leagues would probably be the main leagues though (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands at a stretch and Portugal) and if you fancy some of the top stuff pick the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues.

Btw check out Dario Conca and tell me it isn't annoying you cannot get a WP for him...

Ill have a check of those i've not heard of above and Marcel Risse too. Ta both. Loaned Jeffren from Barca and hes been doing reet tbh.

Signed Smithies, Kadlec, Cairney, and Clyne and got Lamela, Spence and Jeffren on loan. Flogged Wellens, Oakley, Howard, Berner, Logan, Weale, Neilsen and loaned anyone else i dint like. Sent Uchechi back too.

Had Vrsaljko and Toloi but they fell through on WP and then price respectively. Badelj dint want to come and Lukaku chose Arsenal over me. Inexplicable really.

Smashing the league atm though. Top after about 10 games and only conceded twice and lost 1-0 to Reading. Through to the 3rd round of the league cup as well after beating Palace 7-6 on pens. PVA made himself a hero.

Ive been playing with the City as you do and just got promoted to the prem

In my season in the championship Ched Evans scored 45 league goals in 46 league games <_< A little bit over rated ? haha

Championship 2010-2011 Transfers

In

Alex Smithies £800k

Tom Cairney £2.5m

Gael Nlundulu Free

Fernando Vega £775k

Luc Matutu Free

David Goodwillie £1.4m

Chris Riggott Free

Luciano Narsingh Loan (Fee £70k)

Daniel Meineke Free

Out

Leon Crnic Loan

Craig King Loan

Tom Parkes Loan

Jorrin John Loan

Conrad Logan £75k

Robert Ambrusics Loan

Elliott Chamberlain Loan

Luke O'neill Loan

Luc Matutu Loan

Premier League 2011-2012 Transfers

Juan Jose Calatayud Free

Sotiris Kyrgiakos Free

El Hadji Diouf £850k

Niko Kranjcar £3.2m

Jamie O'Hara £1.8m

Kyle Naughton Loan (Fee £475k)

Emiliano Insua £3.5m

Stefano Okaka Loan (Fee £180k)

Nathaniel Mendez Laing Free

Out

Moreno £525k

Tom Kennedy Loan (Fee £350k)

Ricardo Free

Michael Lamey Free

Aman Verma Free

Ben Milnes Free

Craig King Free

Luc Matutu Loan

Leon Crnic Loan

Jeffery Schlupp Loan

Adam Smith Loan

Robert Ambrusics Loan

Tom Parkes Loan

Elliott Chamberlain Loan

Lee McArdle Loan

Jorrin John Loan

Adi Yussuf Loan

Luke O'neill Loan

Ashley Chambers Loan

I could do with a striker but all the good ones (Lukakau, Dembele etc) arent interested, i tried getting Crouch as hes rotting in spurs reserves but hes not budging from his £61k a week

I could do with a striker but all the good ones (Lukakau, Dembele etc) arent interested, i tried getting Crouch as hes rotting in spurs reserves but hes not budging from his £61k a week

Have a go with Yaya Sanogo, I picked him up for 3.9m as none of the bigger clubs had come in for him yet.

It's been ages since I had a really good game on FM and at last I've got one with Santos.

Was expected to get mid table at the start of the season and even though I have Neymar and Paulo Henrique in the side the rest of the squad wasn't nearly as good as some of the other teams in the league; I'm looking at your Fluminense! I signed a few players, couple of DMs (one; 'Leandro' who was a free has been a bloody sensation for me), couple of wingers (Ananais, bloody brilliant for me, check him out yo) and a few players for the future; one of which I put in the reserves, noticed him doing the biz' so pushed him in the main side. In the space of about 6 months he's one of the first names in the first 11 now and he's only 19.

First team: 255uzp4.png

Anyway, the season turned out much better than I had expected to say the least.

Won the Brazilian National First Division and Brazilian Sao Paulo State Championship, with my wing back formation I scored the most goals in both competitions by far although I did concede a few. But you know, you only have to outscore your opponents and that's what I did.

Also, 7 goals in one league game, have some of that!

121a2p3.png

The magdaddy though, I just won the Copa Libertadores! Beat Cruizero 3-2 on aggregate to do the treble! Absolutely delighted with that. I feel like I actually put together a team and the players I brought in took this team to the next level. Well happy.

Not sure if this is meant to happen but the first game of the season was during internationals (this is in the premiership) so it meant my goalkeeper was away and my others were loaned out so i had to use some academy player and my top scorer was out and my 2 solid CB's!

Lost it 3-1 at home against man city!

Not sure if this is meant to happen but the first game of the season was during internationals (this is in the premiership) so it meant my goalkeeper was away and my others were loaned out so i had to use some academy player and my top scorer was out and my 2 solid CB's!

Lost it 3-1 at home against man city!

what season?

If it's 3rd season then i'd hazard a guess that it is meant to happen, your players were at the olympics and you were unlucky enough/too short sighted to have several key players eligible for teams in the olympics.

absolute joke. everytime I try and start the game I get that message 'football manager 2011 has stopped working' or something similar. anyone knows what's wrong with it??

edit: i've got 2 user accounts on the computer, and the game itself is loading up fine on the other user account. is there any way that i can transfer the current save i had on my user account to the other user account?

resigned at Bulgaria after an unsuccessful WCQ campaign. finished behind holland, norway and poland and ahead of luxembourg and malta. got the job now at luton (bottom of league one at Christmas). applied for leicester and barnsley jobs (both in league one) but failed

Archived