Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

im in my second season on a new Wimbledon career. won the play offs in my first year so in league 2, need a complete squad overhaul though.

I need:

first choice keeper and maybe a better backup keeper

a first choice left back

a first choice centre back to partner Ismail Yakubu

a new first choice centre midfielder

and maybe a star striker if got enough wage budget left

theyve given me a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £16,750.

anyone got any ideas of players i could sign for them positions???

im in my second season on a new Wimbledon career. won the play offs in my first year so in league 2, need a complete squad overhaul though.

I need:

first choice keeper and maybe a better backup keeper

a first choice left back

a first choice centre back to partner Ismail Yakubu

a new first choice centre midfielder

and maybe a star striker if got enough wage budget left

theyve given me a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £16,750.

anyone got any ideas of players i could sign for them positions???

You'll have to scour the free transfers - if youre not yet in August do a search for 'Contract Expiry' 'In the next 3 months'

Have a go with Yaya Sanogo, I picked him up for 3.9m as none of the bigger clubs had come in for him yet.

I got him for him £6m + £3m over 48 months they wanted £11m for him

He was already valued at £3.9m and his current ability is a good championship striker with the potential to be a leading star in the premier league :thumbup:

in 3rd season with leicester

I need a good GK! Any ideas people

Delac, Smithies, any of the Mexicans that qualify for a work permit, Brkic, Pantilimon. Most likely you can find relatively cheap and excellent regens if you just have a look around

Need some decent Attacking Mids cheap, Prem standard 2nd season?

Thanks lads.

Kranjcar and Kingy are doing the biz for me at the moment. Hovering around 7th after 10 or so games.

Missed out on a 1-0 at home to Utd, Berbatov equalising in the 96th min and Yaya Toure got a winner for Man City in the last 5. Also lost 2-1 at Anfield in the FA cup.

EDIT: Good news against Chelsea though, managed to scape my way to this 2-1 at the bridge.

af97qd.jpg

Seem to be defending well against the big teams, often limiting them to mainly long shots playing a 4-1-4-1. Kingy man-marked Hazard out of the game playing in the holding role. Bamba sent off as last man back in stoppage time, could see the free kick being buried in the top corner but it drifted wide :D

Table now looks like this (Fergie's under scrutiny :P) The gamble spending a load on transfers and wages is paying off so far :D

nv5zx2.jpg

Krancjar doesn't seem to budge from his wage as well as Yak on my game, annoying as both would of been fantastic.

Would of had one hell of an attacking team if I could get both of them.

Kranjcar accepted £20k per week for me. How much is he demanding for you?

40 the cheeky bugger.

:o That's probably he's agent demanding that much, He sacked his agent when I put a bid in for him. Maybe that's why he only demanded £20k per week, the same happened with Mahamadou Diarra.

:o That's probably he's agent demanding that much, He sacked his agent when I put a bid in for him. Maybe that's why he only demanded £20k per week, the same happened with Mahamadou Diarra.

What season? I was after Diarra as well but didn't put enough effort in :P

Kranjcar's on 54k for me :o came straight from tottenham after the first season.

I'm having a great time in the prem now, just coming to the end of December and sitting in 2nd (couple of teams have games in hand), 1pt behind Arsenal who do have a game in hand. Should be safe from relegation already and hoping I can hang onto a European spot come May. Bamba's torn it up, average rating of 7.55 and 6 goals in 16 appearances. Guardado and Kranjcar each weighing in with 6 assists apiece. Cavenaghi leading my scoring chart with 6, my goals are quite spread.

Gone back to my original Leicester save out of boredom.

Have just spent 20m on Abel Hernandez (just because I've always wanted to try him out, really.) He's 24 on this so I've missed the best parts of his development. I've also had to agree to give him 100'000 and forgot that two of my players (previously on 70k) had "match highest earner."

Oh. And whilst I had a transfer budget of about 37m, the club only had 3.6m in the coffers. I may be about to bankrupt myself.

lol

(this was the 11.1 database, before they gave City a sugar daddy.)

Gone back to my original Leicester save out of boredom.

Have just spent 20m on Abel Hernandez (just because I've always wanted to try him out, really.) He's 24 on this so I've missed the best parts of his development. I've also had to agree to give him 100'000 and forgot that two of my players (previously on 70k) had "match highest earner."

I signed Abel at Leicester! He was quality, and 1.5 seasons laster I signed him for my new club, Man City, and he's still fitting in well there!

I refuse to give a player "match highest earner" clause :)

I do normally but when the agent is being a twat and running out of patience I just agree. 90% of the time they want wages so stupid I will never top them anyway.

Exactly. A good thing to remember though is that if one chooses to include match highest earner clause, the wages can usually be drastically reduced.

Haydos, I got Diarra in the 2nd season ( his agent demanded £80k per week whereas he only wanted £20k) and I got Kranjcar in the 3rd season.

Agents are ****s lol Ah that might explain Kranjcar then.

Anyone recommend a good left back, young if pos, midway through the second season or for the summer at the end of the season? Jlloyd Samuel just doesn't cut it.

Matias Fernandez (Chile playmaker) won't get granted a work permit, even on appeal, annoyingly, despite being in the Chile squad.

Got him first season at Villa :dunno: Sounds like you were unlucky

Archived