Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Got him first season at Villa :dunno: Sounds like you were unlucky

How much for? He's available for 1.5m halfway through second season, bargain. Annoying though, he hasn't been in the squad for quite a few games turns out.

try reading through all the contract before agreeing anything then Oz.

Right, can't pick a team so i'm gonna enable the brazilian leagues, start midway through the season and pick a prem team battling the drop, see if i can keep them up.

How much for? He's available for 1.5m halfway through second season, bargain. Annoying though, he hasn't been in the squad for quite a few games turns out.

I paid £10m for him first season. A bit OTT but was gambling a bit.

Agents are ****s lol Ah that might explain Kranjcar then.

Anyone recommend a good left back, young if pos, midway through the second season or for the summer at the end of the season? Jlloyd Samuel just doesn't cut it.

See what your scouts say about Clyne, he's pretty decent for me, doesn't need to be registered till the 4th season and will be HG in nation when you do have to register him.

Or Zhirkov is probably transfer listed at Chelsea and can be knocked down to 40k a week usually and is a beast going forward.

At the end of january with leicester first season.6th after 29 games,

Ins:

albert luque free transfer

amdy faye free transfer

quinton fortune free transfer

steve finnan free transfer

edu free transfer

itumeleng khune 525k

danny guthrie 2m

steve gohouri 1.3m

nicklas pederson 1m

george elokobi 725k

rob edwards 400k

greg cunningham, john fleck, yaya sanogo, sambou yatabare, manu, loic poujol and johann berg guomundsson all on loan

outs:

hobbs,oakley,lamey and dyer for combined total of 1.2m

Just had an amazing game, FA cup 4th round, Leicester drawn at home to Chelsea, stadium packed completely sold out, the chelsea starting line up consists of cech, bosingwa, ivanovic, luiz, betrand, mikel, lampard,essien, bennayoun, anelka, kalou

my team is:

Khune, Naughton, Edwards, Gohouri, Elokobi, Bamba, King, Wellens, Yakubu, Waghorn, Vassell

66th minute and Edwards scores his first goal for Leicester

12 minutes later disaster strikes, Wellens fouls Bennayoun in the box, the ref whistles for a penalty, head in my hands, Lampard steps up and drills the penalty, Khune pulls off a blinding save and we hold on to win the game, Gohouri gets a straight red in the 93rd minute, lampard misses the free kick, cheers all round

outs:

hobbs,oakley,lamey and dyer for combined total of 1.2m

Tut, Hobbs is quality in the Champ, I sold him at the end of my first season to Villa for 5m. Hasn't played a game for them in the following season :P

First season in the Prem went excellently in the end. Spending a lot on transfers paid off and I sneaked into the Champs league on the last day. Would have been happy with 6th but sitting in 4th going into the last game, if I won and Tottenham didn't I'd finish above them and Arsenal. Tottenham drew and we emphatically beat Sunderland 5-1 to snatch 3rd.

a0fq01.jpg

Most transfers worked for me, Yobo and Bamba were massive, Bamba grabbing 8 goals. Amelia in goal Lustig at RB were great purchases as well.

In midfield Kranjcar and my two wingers, Milano and Guardado were key with 35 assists and 17 goals between them. Kingy also weighed in with 8 goals.

Without doubt Cavenaghi was a revelation, I brought him in late as a back-up and was unsure if I really needed to. He finished with 18 goals and 7 assists. Yakubu never made the step up from the champ and was sold for 3m to Milan in January (where he's played 1 game :S). Ishmael Miller was used rarely but grabbed a couple but Bueno who was my original 1st choice striker never really got going and only picked up 3 goals from 10(14) so Yaya Sanogo had to step up to the plate. He often played well and managed 6 goals in 24 starts but developed well.

2vugady.jpg

Key players: Amelia, Bamba, Kranjcar, Guardado, Cavenaghi

Rode my luck at times against some better teams, often picking up points from smash and grabs so I may have to improve the squad next year if I want to challenge for top 6 again. Hopefully have some nice dollar to spend in the summer :scarf:

Got promoted with leicester by the playoffs beating Coventry 3-1 in the final. My FA Cup run ended in the 6th round with a loss to Blackburn.

These are my signings for new season:

Ins:

Sotiris Kyrgiakos free

MIchael Owen free

Victor Vazquez free

Dalibor Stevanovic free

Anthony Gardner free

Joseph Yobo 3.4M

Ryan Taylor 650K

Carlo Cudicini free

Franco Costanzo free

Stephen Darby 1M

Marcos Senna free

Marcos Alonso loan

Yakubu 1.8M

Jo 3M

Maniche free

Kyle Naughton 4.2M

Im through to the league cup 4th round.

Im 9th in the league after 7 games with 11 points.

Got promoted with leicester by the playoffs beating Coventry 3-1 in the final. My FA Cup run ended in the 6th round with a loss to Blackburn.

These are my signings for new season:

Ins:

You didn't buy Dudek or Lehmann for 7,5 mil?

just about to start 2011-2012 season with Villa and need a striker, got about 40million to spend, any suggestions?

Suspicious :P

I always like to get the most value/time out of my players so i'd go for someone young if they're value hasn't rocketed already. Sanogo/Lukaku/Babacar.

Archived