Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Can you still call team meetings on this? I kow you could in previous versions, but unsure now. Could really do with one right now, lost 7 of last 8 in the league. Got knocked out of the europa league by Blackburn after taking a 4-1 lead into the quarter final second leg. Worst of all, at home to Forest, 2-0 up with 5 miutes to go end up losing 3-2, that is just ridiculous, this form and some ridiculous injuries have ruined my season although 8th isnt too bad. <_<

Can you still call team meetings on this? I kow you could in previous versions, but unsure now. Could really do with one right now, lost 7 of last 8 in the league. Got knocked out of the europa league by Blackburn after taking a 4-1 lead into the quarter final second leg. Worst of all, at home to Forest, 2-0 up with 5 miutes to go end up losing 3-2, that is just ridiculous, this form and some ridiculous injuries have ruined my season although 8th isnt too bad. <_<

Player interaction with the captain

Sanogo is pants compared to many similar options.

I'm gonna see how he develops, looks alright so far so hopefully I can make a tidy profit when I upgrade. Who's better, Lukaku or Babacar in your opinion, or are there better? I've not played 2011 much, stuck to 2010 for quite a while.

Christ, having big troubles with fitness on this.

Appointed a fitness coach with a fitness stat of 20 half way through the 2nd season to try and remedy city's poor fitness, First two weeks of pre-season were just strength and aerobic training, then from that point in it's mostly technical with small amounts of strength + aerobic and fitness is getting worse and worse - any suggestions?

I'm gonna see how he develops, looks alright so far so hopefully I can make a tidy profit when I upgrade. Who's better, Lukaku or Babacar in your opinion, or are there better? I've not played 2011 much, stuck to 2010 for quite a while.

Babacar develops to become better than Lukaku, in my opinion. He becomes a complete striker whereas I always feel Lukaku is lacking that little bit.

Christ, having big troubles with fitness on this.

Appointed a fitness coach with a fitness stat of 20 half way through the 2nd season to try and remedy city's poor fitness, First two weeks of pre-season were just strength and aerobic training, then from that point in it's mostly technical with small amounts of strength + aerobic and fitness is getting worse and worse - any suggestions?

You do know it's not like in the old days where only the stat in the relevant coaching area was important, right? The stars he gets in fitness training is a precise indication of how good he is. Training is a bit confusing sometimes, but if you see negative results and assuming your coach is a good one, it might be because you work your players too hard/not hard enough in training.

Yobo is an absolute beast for me. 7 goals and 7 man of the matches for me so far and its not even January yet.

As for all you doubters of Jo he has scored 8 goals for me so far, including goals against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Yakubu is firing them in with 12 goals so far.

Im through to the semi finals of the league cup having beaten Man City on pens,currently 6th with 32 points after 19 games

I too suffer with wank fitness levels but to be honest the training schedules/workloads etc. are massively daunting to even contemplate adjusting or meddling in..... Is there a way I can sit back and have a couple of good coaches sorting this sh*t out??

I've given up trying to teach people on here the importance of training. If your players aren't fit or aren't improving then Google training guides. I've linked loads before.

Oh and Babacar is significantly better but more expensive and harder to sign.

Edit: sorry Robbo, the rant was a bit rude and aimed at Largeal who reads this thread daily and has done for months. Am at work atm, if shen doesn't help you before I get home then I will.

Charming sosban, i've meddled with training, i've got one that doesn't seem to be taking much out of the players in terms of fitness and they are improving, just fitness stats that aren't improving.

training.png

That's a general overview of my training, i've appointed top quality coaches in almost every area (not got round to sorting out keeping yet, stowell still in charge there because i've been wasting coaching spaces somewhat on tacticians and technique coaches) and for most areas it's working.

I can understand the likes of king and hobbs having poor fitness because their fitness stats at the start of the game are absolutely wank but several of my signings, in paticular the re-gens and younger players that were already on the game, seem to be showing no improvement in fitness.

Struggling to get out of the Championship on my latest game. 3rd season.

Finished 3rd in the first season, lost in PO semis.

Finished 7th on GD in second season.

Was unbeaten for my first 10 games of season 3 and have only taken 35 points from the last 28 games to ruin my PO chances. I've tried everything. Changed the team, changed the formation, changed the training. And I can barely buy a point.

Charming sosban, i've meddled with training, i've got one that doesn't seem to be taking much out of the players in terms of fitness and they are improving, just fitness stats that aren't improving.

training.png

That's a general overview of my training, i've appointed top quality coaches in almost every area (not got round to sorting out keeping yet, stowell still in charge there because i've been wasting coaching spaces somewhat on tacticians and technique coaches) and for most areas it's working.

I can understand the likes of king and hobbs having poor fitness because their fitness stats at the start of the game are absolutely wank but several of my signings, in paticular the re-gens and younger players that were already on the game, seem to be showing no improvement in fitness.

Those are not top quality coaches. Your Aerobics and Ball control coaches are fine, but otherwise you should aim for 4 stars MINIMUM in every area when you're in the Prem. It should be quite easy getting 4½-5 star coaches for both fitness, goalkeeping and tactics as they only require one high training stat beside high determination, motivating and LoD attributes.

Secondly, why do you have so many surplus coaches? there's no need for three coaches in ball control or tactics with your training intensity + squad size. Get rid of them and find better coaches in their place. If you're unsure how good a coach is or what his best training area is use the calculator (link) to find out.

Struggling to get out of the Championship on my latest game. 3rd season.

Finished 3rd in the first season, lost in PO semis.

Finished 7th on GD in second season.

Was unbeaten for my first 10 games of season 3 and have only taken 35 points from the last 28 games to ruin my PO chances. I've tried everything. Changed the team, changed the formation, changed the training. And I can barely buy a point.

Use your tactics from the first season, stick with it to learn it so your team is fluent. Basically, if you stick to a more or less basic or attacking 4-4-2 and have decent personnel, you should be able to make it.

I've given up trying to teach people on here the importance of training. If your players aren't fit or aren't improving then Google training guides. I've linked loads before.

Oh and Babacar is significantly better but more expensive and harder to sign.

Edit: sorry Robbo, the rant was a bit rude and aimed at Largeal who reads this thread daily and has done for months. Am at work atm, if shen doesn't help you before I get home then I will.

Just one last one, youngsters any good training for them? I know you've posted training schedules for them before and I realise that you're probably getting pissed off at people asking you for them but I have Sanogo/ Wickham/ Chamberlain and they've all been gash. Any help is appreciated.

NB: Any good coaches I could get as well.

NBB: Really struggling in the prem my team on paper is quality but I just can't get i going.

---------------------Smithies

Naughton----Vitor----Hobbs----Digne

------------Cairney----King

Gallagher---------------------------Chamberlain/ Waghorn

-----Wickham/ Dembele/ Boakye----Sanogo

Those are not top quality coaches. Your Aerobics and Ball control coaches are fine, but otherwise you should aim for 4 stars MINIMUM in every area when you're in the Prem. It should be quite easy getting 4½-5 star coaches for both fitness, goalkeeping and tactics as they only require one high training stat beside high determination, motivating and LoD attributes.

Secondly, why do you have so many surplus coaches? there's no need for three coaches in ball control or tactics with your training intensity + squad size. Get rid of them and find better coaches in their place. If you're unsure how good a coach is or what his best training area is use the calculator (link) to find out.

Very much this. By your second season in the Prem you should really be able to hit 4.5 stars across the board. Surplus coaches are fine as long as they're serving a purpose, ie, they're necessary to make your coach's workload "Light." Other than that, get rid.

I would say your over all workload looks very light, though. Don't be scared of pushing up to "Heavy." My more professional players are one notch down from Very Heavy.

Obviously don't give anyone "Intense" strength training and try to avoid "Intense" aerobic but don't be shy of making them work hard either. Keep your eye on the bottom-left of the "Training" tab on your individual player windows to see what they feel about their training schedules. If they're unhappy and are on "Medium", crank them up and make them work harder. If they think they're being over worked or overworked in fitness they'll tell you.

Keep in mind that your central midfielders will tire faster than everyone else, particularly if you have them playing box to box at a high tempo. But if you're not starting anyone under 94-96% and they're regularly dropping below about 70% come the end of 90 minutes (without the player having been kicked) then there's a problem.

Truth be told, in my experience, unless they have shockingly low stamina and natural fitness combined with a high work rate then it's rare you really see players that consistently puffed out.

Not the most helpful screenshot, but just to show what can be achieved:

I haven't improved on those coaches since the start of the previous season, the surplus one "covering" coach to bring all of my categories down to "Light" and a few attempts at signing 5 star coaches that I misjudged (I don't use Shen's calculator.) I keep them around because they're young and may improve.

In a few cases I have former 4.5 star coaches surplus that I offered somewhat too high wages and my board won't pay to get rid of. lol

train.png

Which skin are you lot using? Looks very smart.

Trying to sort out all my training stuff now, but my board are so tight with coaches.

Mine's just called FM 2011 Dark, not sure where I got it from.

I like the look of Finners', wouldn't mind giving it a whirl if he could link me?

Archived