Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I wish I could get in to this game so bad, everytime I reinstall it, I play it for about an hour and then dont bother with it.

I was like that the first 3 or 4 times I started a new save. I'd suggest persevering with it, I think I've finally got into a game and enjoying it. Different signings, different formation and it's clicking at the moment. Up until this game I didn't really enjoy it. If you don't though i'd go back to 2010 as that's a better game IMO.

Man Utd have made a ridiculous start to the new season (in terms of goals scored). After finishing 8th last season they're sitting in 3rd having scored 33 goals in 9 games. Hernandez and Rooney have played 8 of those and scored 21 between them :frusty:

Last laugh though because I'm top by a point, won 8, drew 1. Had probably my easiest run of games though apart from a 4-2 win at home to Man City and a 0-0 draw at Stamford bridge. Sitting 3rd in champs league group on 3 points after 3 games.

Kranjcar :wub: 5 goals and 4 assists in 7 league starts.

Season 5 of the game, my first season at Man Utd and sick of the game now.

Nothing normal ever happens. We'll lose to crap teams, then absolutely hammer someone by seven or eight with one player scoring five goals. Just about every second game is a high scoring draw where we were well on top and, suprise suprise, gave away the lead.

I've been trying a few downloaded tactics with no success. Bored of the lack of realism. Will probably go back to FM2008 if i can find the disc.

Pretty sure that's one of the default skins lol It's what I use - much easier on the eyes for late night playing :cool:

Haha, fair enough, I used for ages so wasn't sure. The default one is horrible if I remember. Could burn you eyes off it was that bright.

I finally decided that I took Leicester as far as I could. I won the play offs (3-1 down in the semi's away at Burnley and won 4-3 to get to the final!), got into Europe and lost in both FA Cup and Coca Cola Cup finals.

So, after 5 great years with a great team (David Goodwille from Dundee United cost me 1.6million but became the leagues top goalscorer three years running) I decided to accept the Tottenham job.

First game was away at Chelsea which I won 0-1. Just played two more, WBA away (1-1) and Birmingham at home (1-1 we had 20 shots, Birmingham had one and still scored!)

Nearly in January now so I can get some players in with my 26million budget

right, just downloaded a new skin but it's not showing up in preferences>Display and Sound.

I've extracted it to My Docs > Sports Interactive > FM 2011 > Graphics (on XP).

Where have i gone wrong?

Mine are in a 'skins' folder. If you don't have one just make one in the FM2011 folder or the Graphics folder (not sure which one). Just call it 'skins'.

Current squad against SK Rapid Wein (Euro Cup)

GK: Costanzo F

WBR: Zabaleta P

CB: Robinson P

CB: Hall F

WBL: Konchesky P

CM: Cairney T

CM: Hargreaves O

AMC: Taarabt A

WGR: Gradel M

ST: Boyd K

WGL: McDermott D

Using Sven's 4-3-3 Tactic. Had Yakubu last season on loan he was dynamite! But didn't run or work hard so I wanted a striker who had it all, Aerial, Finishing & Pace. Kris Boyd cost me £3.3M But he is worth it!

2013 and the media are linking you to Pjanic? Not bad. I've always found him incredibly difficult to get away from Lyon, in every version since he was a kid. :(

Have to say I haven't tried especially hard in this one, mind, I'm usually inundated with AMCs in most of my games. Currently rocking Alan Dzagoev for Leicester, he's developed insanely well.

2013 and the media are linking you to Pjanic? Not bad. I've always found him incredibly difficult to get away from Lyon, in every version since he was a kid. :(

Have to say I haven't tried especially hard in this one, mind, I'm usually inundated with AMCs in most of my games. Currently rocking Alan Dzagoev for Leicester, he's developed insanely well.

Same happens with me, find it hard to pick 1 or 2 and all the youngsters I bring in end up being AMC's. Can't help myself :P

not sure whether to sign Pjanic or not though, he's got good reviews from my scouts but my midfield options are pretty good in AMC (6 players) , not so much on the wings (1 on each) or in MC (3 players)

Who are your other AMC's/would he put them to shame?

How much can you get him for as well? Also if your wingers aren't that strong i'd be tempted to look for a cracking one of them (Alexis sanchez :P ) for the money you'll be paying for Pjanic.

Who are your other AMC's/would he put them to shame?

How much can you get him for as well? Also if your wingers aren't that strong i'd be tempted to look for a cracking one of them (Alexis sanchez :P ) for the money you'll be paying for Pjanic.

Dorrans, Nasri, Rosicky, Cidinho, Eriksen, Vazquez.

Vazquez is almost certainly on his way out either this window or summer while I've resorted to playing Dorrans all over the midfield, MC, AMC, AMR, AML - where ever there's an injury, Cidinho's just a kid and signed for the future rather than now.

Although I've had to resort to fielding a striker (Jelle Vossen) in MC due to a lack of options.

Dorrans, Nasri, Rosicky, Cidinho, Eriksen, Vazquez.

Vazquez is almost certainly on his way out either this window or summer while I've resorted to playing Dorrans all over the midfield, MC, AMC, AMR, AML - where ever there's an injury, Cidinho's just a kid and signed for the future rather than now.

Although I've had to resort to fielding a striker (Jelle Vossen) in MC due to a lack of options.

How's Eriksen coming along? Not heard many people signing him. Rosicky's surely gotta be on his way out soon?

I'd maybe bring in a more natural centre mid if nasri's fairly attacking.

How's Eriksen coming along? Not heard many people signing him. Rosicky's surely gotta be on his way out soon?

I'd maybe bring in a more natural centre mid if nasri's fairly attacking.

Rosicky's doing alright - attributes still high enough to play as rotation, eriksens not doing that well:

Eriksen.png

on .2 patch - eriksen's not exactly been helped by injuries though - missed a fair chunk of this season.

I'd like to know what my youth coaches are up to though:

courts.png

What the ****? Has he come through your academy? If so he's gotta be the best academy player I've seen on any FM. Get him trained as a Centre Mid straight away, He's surely in your first team?

Archived