Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Came through the academy - i'm thinking something must have gone epically wrong when the game was generating him, not that suprising - my game has an irritating tendency to crash for no apparent reason.

Only just promoted him to the first team.

Came through the academy - i'm thinking something must have gone epically wrong when the game was generating him, not that suprising - my game has an irritating tendency to crash for no apparent reason.

Only just promoted him to the first team.

Can't complain :P Yeah you could retrain him anywhere really, maybe not a winger. Either way i'd get him starting as many games as pos. Scottish as well, you been fiddling :ph34r:

Oi!

The only fiddling I've been doing is taking charge of England temporarily after the Olympics to get a couple of players that were eligible to play for Scotland out of the U-23 squad since for some reason they aren't removed from that squad until England call them up into a different squad, meaning when ever I tried to call them up it came up "player x has already been selected in a squad for a different nation"

edit: Just noticed a potential paedophile joke in there as well.

My Eriksen as of Feb 2015:

eriksen.png

Up until the current season he was my number one AMC but he's been demoted to cover this year and I've trained him up as am AML just so he can get some extra game time deputizing for Lodeiro as well. This is the chap that's taken his spot:

Alan Dzagoev

dzagoev.png

Ajax bought him in the 11/12 season for 3.2m. He cost me 20m, gave him wages of 75k. His current wages are the result of me giving Abel Hernandez 105k and forgetting that Dzagoev had match highest earner. Facepalm.jpeg.

His position's under threat from the kid I just picked up from Real though:

Fernando, AMC / ST, 20 year old regen wonderkid.

fernando.png

Utterly baffled by the fact that Real got rid. He was out of contract in six months but I didn't want to wait so I paid 3m to get him in January. He, annoyingly, has "looks for pass instead of shooting" and refuses to un-learn it (an immensely non-sensical feature that really fucking annoys me.)

And LargeAl, that regen is ridiculous. I've never had one that good, ever. In fact, I think in my entire time playing FM games I've only had one or two that ever even made my senior squad that "spawned" at my club. I mean, I've seen (and owned) better regens but I've never actually had one given to me by the game. :(

Same with me, I find that I VERY rarely get any of my own good academy products. Even after taking my 2010 save with Leicester to 2035(ish), having top facilities and top youth coaches I never really saw much of an improvement in my own youth products.

Again, He must have the potential to be one of the best players ever if you give him enough game time.

Same with me, I find that I VERY rarely get any of my own good academy products. Even after taking my 2010 save with Leicester to 2035(ish), having top facilities and top youth coaches I never really saw much of an improvement in my own youth products.

Again, He must have the potential to be one of the best players ever if you give him enough game time.

Don't forget that the youth recruitment network determines how big a share of the regen pool you get. And I think it's quite hard to get a great network as Leicester. Secondly, and I might be wrong here, my friend said he read that if you play a few youth players for at least four first team games a season, there's a better chance that you'll get better prospects as youths'll believe they have a chance to break into the first team at the club.

Managed to sort my game out, and got put into a CL group with Barcelona, Porto and M. Haifa. Absolutely solid group, but somehow managed to beat Barcelona home and away and finish top of the group. Eventually got knocked out by Lyon in the CL quarters but well happy with the way it went.

Finished 2nd in the league after a 4-way tussle with Man U, Arsenal and Man City all season. Finished 1 point behind Man City, so was gutted at that, but the worst was yet to come in the transfer window. Last summer Wickham and Karimov both went to Chelsea and Man U respectively because of the release clauses in their contracts. The thing that pissed me off was that neither of them had got CL football, yet my players left. I brought in Stefano Felice to replace Wickham, and he bagged 28 league goals in 32 league games, and hit the 40 goal mark overall in his first season. Now it's his turn to be the subject of ridiculous bids. Arsenal bid for him, and I couldn't offer him a new contract as he'd just signed a new one, so it looked for the life of me as if he was off, but he rejected Arsenal and then did the same to Man City. But now i've got Lyon, Barca, Inter and a load of other big teams interested in him and I can't see how i'm gonna be able to hold on to him. I've looked and there's no decent replacements either, so next season should be a tough one.

Not really - sunderland, wigan & blackpool all went down but kept hold of their best players while the two teams i came up with (brizzle city & m'boro) were fairly poor for prem level and didn't strength properly - i brought in the likes of nasri (transfer listed and priced at 3m by aguirre after wenger went to real madrid) while brizzle and m'boro brought in the likes of richard stearman and more poor SPL players.

Birmingham went down with them because they were terrible, didn't even reach 5 points until february.

If i was using FMRTE i wouldn't be ****ing about with youth teamers, i'd be making city incredibly rich and signing everyone with a hint of talent under the sun - and slashing the wage budget big time - Klaas Jan Huntelaars on about 700K p/m - really ****ed up on the contract side of things

Wtf is FMRTE?

Real Time editor, basically loads up your current game in real time so you can edit stats, finances etc. (basically it's just cheating)

I use it when I want a laugh on a game by turning a couple of youth teamers into wonderkids. But people who use it to alter stats because they can't play the game are pretty sad.

Just brought this having not really played FM much recently. Where can I get the FM Dark skin from, as it isn't on my game?

Patch up to .2 or .3 I think. It was released in a patch after the original game for some reason.

Patch up to .2 or .3 I think. It was released in a patch after the original game for some reason.

I thought it was on the original game - either that or the patch they release a couple of days after the game is released.

Two things amuse me about this picture:

First - Jose Mourinho offering praise to an opposition manager? - Unbelievable.

Secondly the 'roo fox headline and the fact that no-one wants a bit of rudder.

roofox.png

In my best ever game on FM. lost my first game in 67 premiership matches with Arsenal in 2016. Already won the Euro Cup with Leicester (now 6th in the premiership under Gary Neville!) and won the premiership and champions league in my season at Arsenal, should win again in my second

Cool beans, cheers Finners. Any good training schedules to recommend?

I personally use my own which I'm too lazy to upload at the moment, haha.

Do a google search for "Dunc's training." There are three files, one is the original which is heavy training for professional, top level players. Another is a slightly lighter version for lower league players and lazy bastards and then there's one for youths.

Dunc is this year's Tugs; generic training categories based on positions, although he's done quite a few more than tugs did. I personally subscribe to the alternative school of thought which is that the best way to get success through training is to design schedules for most of your players individually.

But Dunc's are a good starting point and a lot of people swear by them.

Archived