Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Moved to West Ham after getting Bristol City into the prem in 2012/13.

Won 2 as West Ham, 1 of them was Rotherham away in the cup.

Lost 4 or 5

Draw all the time, winning for 80 minutes then they score in the 90'th.

Frustrating :frusty:

and how do you put more transfer money in i edit the fianances in the box but it dont work on the game??

You edit the transfer budget. Make sure you edit the finances accordingly though, else you'll be spending money that you don't have and the club will go into debt.

Eg. If you want to give yourself £100 million transfer budget, increase your finances by £100 million as well as the transfer budget.

title race is an absolute hum-dinger, me and manure - manure choking against WBA (losing 2-1) to blow their chance of going top at the start of feb - now we're both stuttering, i remain in the lead by 3 points but spurs are coming up fast on the outside.

Also just noticed as things stand, a win at home to blackpool in a couple of games time will relegate them - premature perhaps but: take that trabelsi (now blackpool manager), you utter ****.

Things going similar to you Al, just into febrary and after 25 games the top 4 are: Man U - 57 pts, Me (City) - 56 pts, Liverpool - 56pts, Arsenal - 52 pts.

Brought Joel Matip in to bulk up my midfield and he's doing the job in his 2nd game for me lol

2cyp4l1.jpg

First XI now looks like this:

--------------------------Sanogo

Jano Ananidze----Kranjcar--------Buonanotte

-------------------Matip----------Kingy

Lucas Digne------Yobo-----Bamba-----Mikael Lustig

----------------------Marco Amelia

Kranjcar's still doing the biz with 9 goals and 11 assists in 23 league games and Sanogo's leading my scoring with 11 in 14 starts. Need to look for another right winger, an leader at CB replacing the ageing Yobo and a top striker as back up for Sanogo come summer.

signed adam johnson from man city to bolster my wing options - already a fans favourite and wormed his way onto the clubs favoured personell list in the info screen with a winner at home to wolves.

Just found one hell of an improvement from one of my wunderkids i loaned to brighton - went out in august with 12's/13s and the odd 16 (penalty taking) now he's got 14's/15's right across the board.

My Leicester team in the 3rd season is:

Franco Costanzo

Micah Richards(Full back, automatic)

Joseph Yobo(Central Defender, Defend)

Joleon Lescott(Central Defender, Defend)

Georgios Tzavellas(Full back, automatic)

Karim Ferrari(Ball Winning Midifelder, Defend)

Thiago(Box to Box midfielder,support)

Paulo Henrique(Advanced Playmaker,Attack)

Neymar(Complete Forward,Attack)

Yakubu(Target Man,Attack)

Nassim Ben Khalifa(Complete Forward,Attack)

Subs

Artur Boruc

Kyle Naughton

Sotiris Kyrgiakos

Marcos Senna

Michael Owen

Marek Strestik

Charlie Adam

https://www.yousendit.com/download/ VnBxTG05Q1JENlN4dnc9PQ

That's what I'm using at the moment. The right side striker is your main goal scorer. I strongly recommend you make sure the forward you put there has good finishing, composure, pace, off the ball and acceleration (15+ in the Prem.) I also highly, highly recommend you have them learn to break offside traps as a preferred move. Do not underestimate the effect of this move.

Hernandez plays there for me.

If you have a right footed poacher I would also recommend manually adjusting the two strikers to swap over their instructions so that the left has the instructions that the right currently has and visa versa.

The left side striker (Babacar for me) will typically be deeper than the right. Don't be concerned if he gets more assists than goals from open play, it should be like that. Try and get someone with a bit of creativity who is reasonably strong, he doesn't operate like a target man but he will benefit from being able to hold up the ball. He's effectively your Bergkamp.

Oh. And set up your set-pieces yourself. Have all your corners go to the far post and have your best header (also Babacar for me) attacking the far post. Guaranteed goals. I over estimated earlier when I said I got 118 goals in a prem season, I checked and it was actually 114 but still.

That formation is an in-game year old now, I don't THINK I've changed it since then and not saved it but I'm not sure. It should still be decent.

Fuck me he's good.

Five games, four hat-tricks. The above plus Brum, Villa and Tottenham in the league.

hernandezj.png

How the chuffing hell do you acquire that beautiful skin with excellent player pics?

Bear in mind you are dealing with a technophobe, so laymans terms would be most helpful. :thumbup:

Skin:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4516

Facepacks:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/47143-df10-facepack-season-1011/

If you want a couple of players done who aren't on any of the packs then I can do a couple for you if you don't have photoshop, they're very easy.

Spiderpig; to install the skin you need to extract the .rar file to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins. If you don't have a skins folder then just make your own, it will still work.

To install facepacks, extract the folders in to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\pictures\players Again, if those folders don't exist then make your own.

Don't mean to patronize, but just incase you're REALLY not computer savvy - if you don't have WinRAR / WinZIP and don't know what I mean by extracting then speak up.

Skin:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4516

Facepacks:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/47143-df10-facepack-season-1011/

If you want a couple of players done who aren't on any of the packs then I can do a couple for you if you don't have photoshop, they're very easy.

Spiderpig; to install the skin you need to extract the .rar file to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins. If you don't have a skins folder then just make your own, it will still work.

To install facepacks, extract the folders in to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\pictures\players Again, if those folders don't exist then make your own.

Don't mean to patronize, but just incase you're REALLY not computer savvy - if you don't have WinRAR / WinZIP and don't know what I mean by extracting then speak up.

:whistle: (I did say I was a dumbass when it comes to computers :cry: )

I managed to get sacked as Hoff manager second season. I've experienced some grotesque seasons more regularly than I'd think is normal. My final game confirmed something was seriously up with the game. At home in the last 16 of the German Cup against second division Bochum. They score when a corner is swung in, a header deflected towards goal that my keeper pushes in. Own goal. Kily Gonzalez misses a penalty 2 minutes later. Then they whip in a corner, header is deflected, my keeper pushes it in (deja vu?). Keeper own goal #2. Then their winger crosses hard from the byline, it hits the *near* post and goes in. It's a fluke AND it defied the laws of physics. I swear I had to check that goal over more than once that this was true. Seconf half, they score a beautiful long ranger from a nobody. I reduce near the end. Final stats: Hoff 16 shots, 5 on target, 4 clear cut chances. Bochum 6 shots, 5 on target, 1 clear cut chance. :S

:whistle: (I did say I was a dumbass when it comes to computers :cry: )

WinRar

You need to download one of the top two links depending on which version of windows you're running (If you right click on 'My Computer' and look on properties it should say under System type if it's 32 or 64 bit so download and install the corresponding one on the site I've linked you.

After you've downloaded the skin/facepacks you'll then be able to automatically 'extract' them.

WinRar

You need to download one of the top two links depending on which version of windows you're running (If you right click on 'My Computer' and look on properties it should say under System type if it's 32 or 64 bit so download and install the corresponding one on the site I've linked you.

After you've downloaded the skin/facepacks you'll then be able to automatically 'extract' them.

Cheers to you and Finners, will give this a whirl later.

One more question.....i'm in the middle of a rather enjoyable game at the moment, I presume if I dowload these facepack/skin thingys, they will only appear when i start a new game?

Cheers to you and Finners, will give this a whirl later.

One more question.....i'm in the middle of a rather enjoyable game at the moment, I presume if I dowload these facepack/skin thingys, they will only appear when i start a new game?

No no, they'll show up almost immediately.

If you're actually physically playing and your game is loaded up when you extract the facepacks you will have to go in to the in-game settings, go to "Display/Sound" and "Reload Skin" but other than that it should be fine.

The code that does this is constantly running, you see. Every time you load up the game looks in that folder in your My Documents to see which of the game's ORIGINAL images it needs to over-write with your own. You can download all sorts, player pictures, kits, club badges, competition logos and banners, you name it.

You used to even be able to download advertising boards for the 3D match engine, but I don't know if that's the case now.

But yeah they made the game very customizable, I assume, on purpose, due to the high amount of content that they couldn't get the licences for - they figured they'd make it easy for fans to fill in the gaps which is nice. There is an option on the Display/Sound settings that you need to have ticked, I think it's "Use Skin Cache" or something, I can't remember.

If you're not 100% sure then Haydos may remember or I can tell you next time I load up the game. Or alternatively, Ricey who uses this forum works for SIGames and actually deals with the graphics side of things - he checks the forum once every few days and is generally usually willing to help if you send him a private message.

No no, they'll show up almost immediately.

If you're actually physically playing and your game is loaded up when you extract the facepacks you will have to go in to the in-game settings, go to "Display/Sound" and "Reload Skin" but other than that it should be fine.

The code that does this is constantly running, you see. Every time you load up the game looks in that folder in your My Documents to see which of the game's ORIGINAL images it needs to over-write with your own. You can download all sorts, player pictures, kits, club badges, competition logos and banners, you name it.

You used to even be able to download advertising boards for the 3D match engine, but I don't know if that's the case now.

But yeah they made the game very customizable, I assume, on purpose, due to the high amount of content that they couldn't get the licences for - they figured they'd make it easy for fans to fill in the gaps which is nice. There is an option on the Display/Sound settings that you need to have ticked, I think it's "Use Skin Cache" or something, I can't remember.

If you're not 100% sure then Haydos may remember or I can tell you next time I load up the game. Or alternatively, Ricey who uses this forum works for SIGames and actually deals with the graphics side of things - he checks the forum once every few days and is generally usually willing to help if you send him a private message.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Off for a nice sunny Easter bbq in a bit so if i'm not too drunk later i'll have a go at sorting it out. :beer:

Anyone that fancies giving it a go I've found a shirt designer for FM2011.

Linky

Just about to download so I'll give some feedback later but personally I wanted to try and recreate some of the kits posted in our new kits thread. So yeah, i'll let you know how it is :thumbup:

Ps. Forgot how good some of the shopped kits were in this thread:

New kit suggestions

Anyone know if/how you can use them in game?

This one for example:

Green and Yellow

EDIT: Kind of figured it out now, they need some code writing for them in an XML file for anyone wondering, quite easy to figure out if you google around a bit. Transparency issue fixed with photoshop, look siiick :scarf:

30wkpww.jpg

lol at burnley.

3 seasons played, they've reached the play-off final 3 times and finally won on the third attempt. At least ****ing forest weren't promoted.

Meanwhile i'm in the fa cup final against man city, the champions league final against gayern and won the title.

Just somehow managed to win the Premiership on the last day despite losing 3-0 at Goodison Park. I needed a win to make certain but as it was Utd lost away to Chelsea (would have won on goal diff) and Liverpool, a point behind would have taking it but could only manage a draw at Villa.

Man U were top nearly all the way but bottled it and somehow find themselves finishing in 5th place with only 3 points separating the top 5.

Ferguson retired at the end of the season and I was offered the Utd job with 55m and 1.8m wage budget but had to decline, gotta take Leicester to the Champs League.

Archived