Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

No idea how but i won the fa cup and champions league.

Most of my squad missing for internationals since for some reason the fa cup final was on the 2nd of june and the champions league final on the 5th - right when the players go off to join the national squad.

England are current Euro Championship holders,they beat Ireland 5-0 in the final. Also the U19s are current U19s Euro Champions with a squad that has 7 regens thats started out in my academy, only 3 of them are currently with me tho cuz of a massive cock up with the contracts

2nd in the Prem Haydos will have to wait a long time for that to happen in real life.

Im Liverpool on Football Manager snapped up Taiwo, Trochowski, Elmander and Coda who is decent on Fifa when I was Udinese. Would of been Leicester but Ricardo would be in the side :angry:

Wonder if someone can gimme some advice! Got this keeper come through the youth ranks, Van Den Herick, potential to be a key player, and a defender also come through the ranks Melvin Postma, both with bags full of potential. Ven Den Herik is unhappy that he doesn't get on with Melvin Postma, and now won't talk to me because our "relationship has broken down." Van Den Herik saved a penalty against Man UTD in a shoot out to win the League Cup, and then the Euro Cup against FC Byern the next season, so the fans love him.

Postma is going to be better than Vitor//Hobbs and Spence, how the **** can you get them to stop being awkward?

I'm Grimsby, scored 104 goals and got 102 points in the BSP, and where did I come? Fvcking 2nd.

Won the play-offs though, Cambridge away first leg semi won 1-6. lol

Made a few good signings, got Ben Mee on a free in the summer, along with Davide Petrucci, Oliver Norwood, Jeremy Helan, Steve Connors (Fleetwood released him, bravery and aggression of 18 and 19, done a real job tbf), and loan signings for Jack Butland, Daniel Johnson and Nathan Koranteng.

Currently sit 5th, typicial side of mine - score for fun but can't defend, already had about 5/6 of our 15 odd games which both sides have scored 2 or more.

Charles Ademeno is ridiculous, he was my back-up striker yet got in the side due to an injury elsewhere, scored for fun in the BSP and is now ripping L2 a new arsehole, 12 goals in 10 games and some assists, amazing how often he just runs through/past everyone and slots through the keeper, especially considering his dribbling and finishing are both below 10.

Pace is waaaay too important on this game for forwards, IMO, more so than real life I reckon.

Wonder if someone can gimme some advice! Got this keeper come through the youth ranks, Van Den Herick, potential to be a key player, and a defender also come through the ranks Melvin Postma, both with bags full of potential. Ven Den Herik is unhappy that he doesn't get on with Melvin Postma, and now won't talk to me because our "relationship has broken down." Van Den Herik saved a penalty against Man UTD in a shoot out to win the League Cup, and then the Euro Cup against FC Byern the next season, so the fans love him.

Postma is going to be better than Vitor//Hobbs and Spence, how the **** can you get them to stop being awkward?

Wait it out. Be nice to the one that hates you with your team talks and post match interviews when it's relevant (don't praise him when he doesn't deserve it) and when he agrees to talk to you again, be nice to him further.

Hopefully the two will either resolve their issues or present you with a private-chat option to end the conflict, google it if you're not sure - I've not had the problem.

To be honest, absolute best thing to do is just sell one really. There's an abundance of good regens around, unless he's IMMENSELY good I'd just cash in on someone.

Pace is waaaay too important on this game for forwards, IMO, more so than real life I reckon.

Heh, only in the lower leagues. Try playing with a striker who has like 8 finishing and composure in the Prem and you'll be ripping your hair out in frustration.

Wait it out. Be nice to the one that hates you with your team talks and post match interviews when it's relevant (don't praise him when he doesn't deserve it) and when he agrees to talk to you again, be nice to him further.

Hopefully the two will either resolve their issues or present you with a private-chat option to end the conflict, google it if you're not sure - I've not had the problem.

To be honest, absolute best thing to do is just sell one really. There's an abundance of good regens around, unless he's IMMENSELY good I'd just cash in on someone.

Appreciated man! :)

and loan signings for Jack Butland, Daniel Johnson and Nathan Koranteng.

How's he turning out for you? Managed to bring him in on a free after promotion to the BSP with Vauxhall, but haven't been playing since. He looked well out of my reach. Was surprised I could get him.

Summer 2013 and I've struck a 20m deal for Babacar. 140k a week wages though :/ gonna have to delay as im renegotiating Kranjcar and Amelia's contracts to get rid of their match highest earner clauses :P

Is the Babacar deal worth it or should I pay 5m or so more for Alexis Sanchez?

As if you're playing Waghorn

Had a few injuries :thumbup:.

Not enjoying the prem so far after winning the championship in that video you saw there.

Made some cracking signings but it takes time I suppose.

So I got rid of all my match highest earner clauses and Babacar should sign at the end of the week :scarf:

In the meantime though something odd has happened with Sanchez. I had a 25m bid accepted a few weeks back in a failed attempt to sign him as he was after 150k a week(ish) plus 5m signing on fee and 4m agents fee plus a load of extras.

Now Chelsea come in with a 6.5m bid (4m beneath his value) and it's accepted so I stick the same in out of curiosity. They come back asking for 7.5m so I offer it. This time he's only asking for 55k, lower extras and signing on fees (still quite a bit at 3.5m(ish) combined but I can afford it this time around. Thinking it's too good to be true I up his bonuses and his wage to 75k to outbid Chelsea and a couple of days later he signs.

Anyone else have anything like this?

Also after shipping out some of my first season buys I made about 12m and brought in Steven Defour for 8m to play alongside Joel Matip. Hopefully in a way similar to Xabi Alonso and Khedira at Madrid. Federico Fazio also signed for a measly 375k I think so he'll replace a centre back I can get the most cash for. Maybe Yobo though as he's getting on a bit.

Heh, only in the lower leagues. Try playing with a striker who has like 8 finishing and composure in the Prem and you'll be ripping your hair out in frustration.

Aye. But it's just daft, the fact I got him as a back-up and now he's the top scorer in League Two, I wonder if he's even worth a pop in League One if we were to get there this year.

How's he turning out for you? Managed to bring him in on a free after promotion to the BSP with Vauxhall, but haven't been playing since. He looked well out of my reach. Was surprised I could get him.

When I signed him I needed a left winger, and there was no-one who's stats fitted the bill except this lad, but the problem was his main position was actually centre midfield, but regardless he's quick and got a good cross on him, so I don't see why he wouldn't perform, think he's got about 7.19 from the first 15 or so games, few assists and a few goals, he's out of contract at Villa in the summer so definitely hoping we'll get him permanently in the summer, maybe won't hack L1 just yet though, one day he may be good enough for the Champ, hard to say.

Just lol at the lad who spent £3mil on Jensen, overdose?

Oh and highest earner clause is the biggest cvnt on the game.

aye but by giving them a few bob more than they asked for can get the players/agent to drop the highest earner clause.

Slightly more expensive in the short term but a life-saver in the long term.

Archived