Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

aye but by giving them a few bob more than they asked for can get the players/agent to drop the highest earner clause.

Slightly more expensive in the short term but a life-saver in the long term.

I know this but I do feel doing that too often ****s you a bit, I was in the Prem with LCFC and had clocked up a debt of £16mil and I think it was purely due to me overspending on agents.

Who are you suggesting was 'playing above his stats?' Wouldn't say Hernandez is on my game, he has very good stats. You won't get much of an improvement without bringing in a Rooney or a Torres.

If that was aimed at me, then Charles Ademeno. lol

Another question, does Raksriaksorn on 11.3 give you more money in the long term than Mandaric?

Who are you suggesting was 'playing above his stats?' Wouldn't say Hernandez is on my game, he has very good stats. You won't get much of an improvement without bringing in a Rooney or a Torres.

Well he has solid stats all over the board. But only five stats over 15 and four of those are just 16. Babacar's stats are a notch or two higher. To get Abel to perform the way he has for you is astonishing. It's not an attack on Hernandez or anything. You obviously use him well :thumbup: I wonder what a Paloschi or a Barrios would do in your team.

I know this but I do feel doing that too often ****s you a bit, I was in the Prem with LCFC and had clocked up a debt of £16mil and I think it was purely due to me overspending on agents.

If that was aimed at me, then Charles Ademeno. lol

Another question, does Raksriaksorn on 11.3 give you more money in the long term than Mandaric?

You get an absolute fortune if you get promoted so yes. I got 45 mill from saying mid table prem.

Had only lost 2 games in all competitions up until around March time. Won the League Cup, was top of the prem, in the FA Cup 6th round and in the CL quarters. Lost away to Blackpool in the FA Cup 6th rnd, ended up finishing runners up in the prem (again) and got to the CL semis where Atletico Madrid thrashed me 7-2 on agg. Completely capitulated in the last few months.

Well he has solid stats all over the board. But only five stats over 15 and four of those are just 16. Babacar's stats are a notch or two higher. To get Abel to perform the way he has for you is astonishing. It's not an attack on Hernandez or anything. You obviously use him well :thumbup: I wonder what a Paloschi or a Barrios would do in your team.

Certainly, I'm definitely very, very happy with the tactic I posted a few pages back - it very, very much gets the best out of the poacher role. Church almost had a goal a game last season from the bench as well, so, yes, it's not entirely down to Hernandez. Moreover, our Abel wouldn't have had those goals had Babacar not had the stats he does to contribute with a very fair number of assists.

But I wouldn't pick Paloschi over Hernandez on my game. Not as strong, no way near as much flair which compounds his lower dribbling and the noticeably lower first touch doesn't help either. Plus the added advantage of Hernandez' extra aerial ability is a nice bonus. All he has over Hernandez on my game is slightly higher composure.

Barrios is, at the time of buying Hernandez, now nearly 30 and while excellent I'd not have gotten as many years for my money and he's not going to improve. I honestly believe that if I got Hernandez in the first turn and had had time to train him from there he'd be one of the best strikers on the game in both stats and actual performance. I'd recommend him to anyone that starts with a big enough club.

It's the fact he is good right across the board that does make him exceptional - in the same way Suarez and Falcao were in 2009.

won the community shield 1-0 against man utd - huntelaar with the goal.

Need to trim my midfield down though - 14 of my 30 or so first team squad players (full of youths - youngest squad in the division) are midfielders, 11 of those are CM's.

lol

heroic from birmingham.

meanwhile transfer speculation over an regen of mine and a possible move to real madrid - media are quoting a price tag of £203,000,000 lol.

when fc bayern made an enquiry i asked for £1,000,000,000 (200m upfront, 200m over the next 12 months, 200m if he makes a league appearance, 200m if he makes an international appearance & 200m if he scores 10 goals for the club) + 50% of future transfer.

Hibees would have been laughing all the way to the bank had that came off, signed for 40k, sold for 3.4m + 10% of the next transfer - they'd've made a profit of £103,360,000 for a player who played 1 season for the club.

lol

heroic from birmingham.

meanwhile transfer speculation over an regen of mine and a possible move to real madrid - media are quoting a price tag of £203,000,000 lol.

when fc bayern made an enquiry i asked for £1,000,000,000 (200m upfront, 200m over the next 12 months, 200m if he makes a league appearance, 200m if he makes an international appearance & 200m if he scores 10 goals for the club) + 50% of future transfer.

Hibees would have been laughing all the way to the bank had that came off, signed for 40k, sold for 3.4m + 10% of the next transfer - they'd've made a profit of £103,360,000 for a player who played 1 season for the club.

How's your ridiculous 16 year old doing? That was you wasn't it?

Just beat Chelsea in the league cup 4th round

2 - 0 (Yakubu and King)

They have got a few reserve players on, but it's still a win against players like Malouda, Ramires, Alex, Kalou and Anelka :)

Team

Steele

PVA Ferdinand Bamba Naughton

Eagles King Bilek Whittingham

Kamara Yakubu

Subs:

Roland Bergkamp

Dyer

Abe

Vitor

Gallagher

Aliadiere

Gaona Lugo

Ferdinand on loan from Sunerland

Eagles - 3 Mil

Whittingham - 3 Mil

Bilek - a steal at 650K

Steele - 2 Mil

Bergkamp - Loan

Aliadiere - Free

Gaona Lugo - Loan - Barca made a bid and i snatched him away lol

Added 10 mil to the Budget :whistle:

Pretty epic summer after scraping the Prem title, still don't know how, could have ended up like 5th like Manure on the last day but hey ho.

Sold about 15m worth of first season buys and second stringers and brought in Babacar for 20m, Alexis Sanchez for 7.5m (after some werid goings on involving a Chelsea transfer, not gonna complain), Steven Defour for 8m and a Brazilian left back regen for 3m. Team now looks like:

xqdq3n.jpg

I love Jano Aranidze but he's just no Antoine Griezmann.

He had an epic pre season. Scored about 8 and a few assists to match. I'm retraining him for the left wing and I use him to cut inside on his right foot, lots of running with the ball. His dribbling despite being only 15 I think is insane when you see it on the match view. He gets space on his right foot and he'll take the ball about 40 yards, often getting a shot off or a through ball to Sanchez on the other wing or one of my other forwards through the middle.

I'm giving the tactic that Sosban posted back a couple of pages ago, going forward it really is superb, and whoever plays in the poacher role scores for fun (even yakubu!), but defensively I feel it could be improved. How do i go about improving the defensive side without affecting how well it does going forward?

I'm giving the tactic that Sosban posted back a couple of pages ago, going forward it really is superb, and whoever plays in the poacher role scores for fun (even yakubu!), but defensively I feel it could be improved. How do i go about improving the defensive side without affecting how well it does going forward?

How do the full backs get involved, are they integral? If not then you could change their roles to more defensive ones, give them less creative freedom and change their passing to short or direct (not sure what the tactic is so can't be too precise :P ) Often find the full backs are automatically pretty attacking though and it can leave you exposed on the counter.

Sign better defenders. :whistle:

Without knowing how you're conceding goals it's hard to say, try swapping between man and zonal marking, playing with your defensive line or tweaking the individual instructions of your full backs so they're less cavalier.

Keep in mind, though, that it's very, very rare that you'll develop a tactic that's both offensively lethal and completely water-tight. My Leicester side usually have about the sixth or seventh best defence in the league when I'm doing well and I generally settle for that because we score about thirty five goals a season more than the next most prolific side.

The tactic of mine you're using is basically "what would happen if Blackpool played like Barca." It's high entertainment football.

Took up non-league side Boston United and the aim is to restore them to their former glory (what ever that was!)

Doing great so far, I've only lost once and that was at the start of the season when my players were unfamilar with the formation and tactics I wanted but haven't lost a game since.

I've been described as a popular manager and I'm hoping I'll be offered a decent job in the football league after this season ends and to try and work my way up to the top with portugal, spain, italy, germany, holland, france and of course england all enabled for a career hopefully which travels worldwide.

Oooh noos I've got Chesterfield next in the FA cup! :sweating:

Archived