Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Probably used the editor :dunno:

Yes, i updated the squad, Schlupp and Neilson out on loan etc,

Neilson came back injured, asked him to look at a future coach role, he agreed and he's really good,

Defence-17

working with youngsters - 18

Right i'm a bit of a FM/CM newbie. I bought Championship manager 11 for my ipod.

I have this team at the moment, and am a few months into the season..

Maenpa

Lamey Tunchev Vitor Berner

Olifinjana Moussa/King Wellens

Dyer Long Wahorn

I am currently 21st, and was just wondering

1) Why am i so shit at CM and what do i need to do to propel the team up the league?

2) What areas do i need to strengthen?

Yes, i updated the squad, Schlupp and Neilson out on loan etc,

Neilson came back injured, asked him to look at a future coach role, he agreed and he's really good,

Defence-17

working with youngsters - 18

I think it's silly that the editor doesn't allow 'future loan' option. Either you have to have Kamara on loan from the start of the season, or you have to try and loan him by yourself in the game. Obviously getting Yakubu on loan in the game during the January window is near impossible, so you have to resort to 'cheating' in the editor instead.

And what are his other coaching attributes? He might well have defence training 17, but still be shit (less than 3½ stars) in defence training.

Right i'm a bit of a FM/CM newbie. I bought Championship manager 11 for my ipod.

Maenpa

Dyer Long Wahorn

1) Why am i so shit at CM and what do i need to do to propel the team up the league?

:mad: You can sod right off then

:P

I'm a bit bored of FM at the mo.

Any databases or game suggestions that can spice it up a bit for me?

What are you looking for? A harder challenge? A long-lasting game, a short game, a different approach to tactics/buying/achievements?

Maenpa

Dyer Long Wahorn

Hard to say, I know nothing at all about CM these days - it's not the same game. Get yourself FM and we can help.

Just something new really, I've played with Leicester loads and am bored of that, I won everything with Santos when I played as them and I never really play as big teams as it gets boring really quickly.

I want a game that'll last for a while but it has to be fairly enjoyable at the same time. I can't be arsed starting in the BSN or something though because I havn't got the patience.

Just something new really, I've played with Leicester loads and am bored of that, I won everything with Santos when I played as them and I never really play as big teams as it gets boring really quickly.

I want a game that'll last for a while but it has to be fairly enjoyable at the same time. I can't be arsed starting in the BSN or something though because I havn't got the patience.

But Leicester is the biggest (read richest) club in the Championship and well geared for the Prem and Santos are hardly light-weights either. Seems to me you want to take over a team that doesn't require much to become a good and competitive club. I could suggest you try out Hertha Berlin (which is probably the equivalent of Leicester in Germany) or a midtable Dutch team (NAC, NEC, Groningen, Heerenveen etc). Those two would also allow you to bring in as many non-EU players as you like. If you fancy a challenge you can take a relatively big team in Serie B but with the non-EU player penalty limiting your transfer market options. You could try taking an unfancied national team. You could also take a big team like Deportivo (with heavy debts, at least the first couple of seasons) and see how you manage...

Try Huddersfield, Ozwin. You've got a talented enough squad that you should have an easy first season to get you settled but from then you'll have to work at it. You've got a couple of tidy young players that'll be worth nurturing, too.

If you don't fancy that then try out St. Pauli in the German top flight they've got a terrible squad and almost no money to spend but your minimum expectation will just be fight bravely against relegation and there are two tidy prospects in Naki and Takyi.

If you don't fancy that, I usually love a game with Rayo Vallecano in Spain. They're the forgotten Madrid club, their fans are very cosmopolitan (like Spain's St. Pauli) and they've got a tiny stadium and tiny budget, you'll have a proper challenge turning them into title contenders but they'll be in a high enough profile league (if you get promoted) that you won't be fighting for non-league style scraps.

Alternatively, try taking over a mid-table Ligue 1 or Eredivise (sp?) side and not only winning the league but trying to raise the league's reputation as a whole through success in Europe.

1st Team =

Weale

Naughton Vitor Hobbs Aanholt

Abe

King Wellens

Gallagher Yak Vas

I've got a few people up for sale and a budget of only 230k :unsure:

Who should i buy?

On FM 2011? Don't you get a budget of like 10M?

Archived