Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

That reminds me actually, Ozwin, if you wanted something different I think fm-base has a load of custom scenarios on there somewhere. I'm sure they'll have something for you.

currently in my 2nd season with arsenal current champion leauge holders but came 3rd in the leauge my team:

Rene adler

Sagna squilliaci vermalaen clichy

arshavin Fabregas wilshere nasri

Sergio aguero Alexandre pato

subs

chamakh

van persie

almunia

ramsay

rosisky

eboue

koskielny

I've just signed Lukaku for 5.5 million, his PA is good and with the other people in my side which have good PA aswell i'm very confident i'll get even better.. I spent like 16 million at the start of the season and in Jan got told i could adjust my budget on where i would finish, so as i'm doing pretty well at the moment and 6th in the Prem (1st season in it) i said i'd finish top half and i got 10 million extra to spend

Woo. Earned a FA Cup third round replay against Championship Brentford with my valiant Vauxhall team. Yet again a dramatic equaliser in added time from a most unlikely source to get 2-2 at Griffin Park. Proud :cool:

Has anyone managed to sign Yakubu in the 2nd season?

Also Dzmitry Verkhovtsov is a monster in the air, 16 goals this season and he's a central defender! I don't even have the head cheat on either.

24l7ds3.png

He's an ugly fecker mind

didn't try for yakubu but he's at ac milan on mine.

Yeah, I sold him to them, played one game before leaving on a free I believe.

Does anyone else keep track of favourite players they've let go. I find myself checking up on ex-players each season.

No - although i'm quite up to date with lamey's career since he now does some of the "Leicester must be wary of (player) says fan's favourite" bits pre-match. He's on the favoured personel page for leicester now. lol

No - although i'm quite up to date with lamey's career since he now does some of the "Leicester must be wary of (player) says fan's favourite" bits pre-match. He's on the favoured personel page for leicester now. lol

Oh dear, that's pretty poor. How did that happen?

Oh dear, that's pretty poor. How did that happen?

I've no idea - he was a regular under sven, i came in in feb 2010, dropped him and recalled robbie neilson - replaced him + neilson with Chris Gunter & Shamus Coleman & released him in summer of 2012.

Did enough in svens reign to become favoured personel and fans player of the year 2010/2011.

****ing stupid Michael Owen! Opening game of the season against west brom gets a hat trick then gets sent off!! then in training he gets a thigh strain and is out for 4 - 6 weeks :angry:

****ing stupid Michael Owen! Opening game of the season against west brom gets a hat trick then gets sent off!! then in training he gets a thigh strain and is out for 4 - 6 weeks :angry:

I'm sorry but.. what were you expecting? lol

Sosban, How did you get the best out of Church? I.e who did you play him next to and what as?

Church's striker partners in order, uh...

Peter Styvar (on a free), Garra Dembele (400k in January), Marco Boriello - with whom he won European golden boot (free) and finally Khouma Babacar.

I then swapped to a one striker system with Babacar and having gone back to two strikers I play Hernandez. But even in my CL winning side, Church is the third choice and still scores consistently from the bench.

I play him as a simple poacher (you'll notice that all the above are "big" strikers, playing as either advanced forwards or target men) making lots of forward runs, the very, very first move I had him learn was breaking offside traps. I think a fair few of you think I've been well overhyping our Churchy over the last year so I'm going to now go take some screenies!

Won the Coca-Cola Cup with Spurs :scarf: About time, seeing as I get to the final near enough every year.

Anyway, I'm 6th in the Prem, 4 points behind Liverpool and have got Liverpool to play twice. So, played Liverpool away this morning, and beat them 1-2 :scarf: Happy days. 1 point off them now.

Tottenham have been brought out though, and the new owner wants to get rid of me :angry: Having left Leicester to join Spurs last season, I won the FA Cup, Coca Cola Cup and am sitting in the highest position Spurs have been in since the game started in 2011. Some people are never happy...

My current LCFC team (no data editor used what so ever)

GK: Alex Smithies (now England's 2nd choice on my game)

RB: Naughton

CB: Roger Johnson and Gary Cahill

LB: PVA (signed before we loaned him in real life)

DCM: Vincent Kompany and Felipe Melo

RW: Willian

LW: Robinho

ST: Edin Dzeko and Connor Wickham

(Andy King has a long term injury)

Sosban, How did you get the best out of Church? I.e who did you play him next to and what as?

Ignore part of what sosban says: Play him as target man with the supply being set to run on to the ball. Gets plenty of goals & allows you to play a 4-2-3-1 formation which (for me at least) has provided stacks of goals.

You don't need a player's individual status to be Target Man to actually have the team use him as a target man. He should still be a Poacher, especially if you're having him run on to balls behind the defence.

In my experience, though, if you've got a well balanced side with good attacking midfielders (R, L & C) then you don't actually NEED to be playing with anyone on the side set to be either a target man or a play-maker, these tactics should only ever be used when you have an individual who is infinitely better than the rest of your side. A team with good balance and quality all round should not be using them.

Play with your players' individual instructions, have Church making runs forward, dribbling with the ball, rarely crossing and make sure that the players around him are playing lots of through balls.

The tactic I posted a few pages back is the perfect strategy to utilize a poacher-style striker which Church is. Strangely, the game will try and ease Church into a target-man style which is very annoying (it'll suggest he shoots with power, he'll refuse to learn places shots, etc.) Church's strengths are his pace, finishing and off the ball movement but he is poor in the air, doesn't have great first touch and doesn't pass that well.

You want to be putting him behind the opposition defence. Here you go, as promised. In about 2015, I think.

churchy4.png

churchy3.png

churchy2.pngchurchy.png

Those first three seasons he's playing in this role, as an outright striker with a target man playing alongside him. The 13/14 season he largely played as an AMR hence the low number of goals. This was largely an experiment with a 4 5 1 which didn't quite work out as I had intended.

Possibly the most impressive is that 14/15 season. Twelve league goals in eighteen appearances, only six of which were starts. This was the season I brought Hernandez in to replace him.

Edit: Just some final words, I do want to add that I view Church as a very, very good player to sign in the Championship in the first season (he'd even go to a top League One side if you can afford him) and an exceptional strike partner for another young talent like Griffiths. He'll develop and he'll also hold his own in the Premiership.

What I'm NOT saying, however, is that he is world class or that he'll ever be a Babacar, Lukaku or Neymar - so please don't misunderstand my enthusiasm.

Archived