Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Has anyone managed to sign Yakubu in the 2nd season?

Also Dzmitry Verkhovtsov is a monster in the air, 16 goals this season and he's a central defender! I don't even have the head cheat on either.

24l7ds3.png

He's an ugly fecker mind

i cant find him :(

thats the kind of defensive midfielder im looking for as hes tall and strong. would be a great addition to bamba in midfield

Beat Arsenal 3-1 (first time I've ever beat Arsenal on the game) which the fans were over the moon with, because their fierce rivals and all. Anyway, went 5th and played my game in hand against Liverpool. Could have gone 4th with a win bt lost 1-2 at home, 4th deafeat of the season. Liverpool only had 9 men and Gareth Bale scored for them in the last minute.

Need a quick fix, Left-Back and a CM, got about 8 Million to spend.

Michael Ball and Keith Andrews! They're so underrated it's untrue. I managed to get Andrews for about £5mil when Blackburn got relegated in my Leicester game and he's scored 3 in 5. ACE! Oh and I managed to get Ball on a free with about £15k wages, and now Sevilla and Everton are interested. He's very gud.

Prem, 3rd season, aiming for mid-table.

Ball's retiring, I let him go at the end of the first season as he was constantly injured, and then we he played he was crap. Got him on a free at the start and just was crap for me, easily displaced.

I let a lot of my backup players go as they were unhappy, but can't find people to improve my squad.

Get any old LB in on a loan or a cheap and splash all you can on Lodeiro, Eriksen, Badelj or someone similar.

Lodeiro will not get a work permit, I've tried 4 times. Looking at Eriksen right now.

Cheers bud.

November and my team have finally failed to score in a game, a 0-0 draw at bolton.

Meanwhile england are making me laugh more and more: World cup qualification play-off, harry redknapp calls up jack hobbs and they proceed to go out on away goals to russia meaning scotland are britains only representatives at the WC.

Ball's retiring, I let him go at the end of the first season as he was constantly injured, and then we he played he was crap. Got him on a free at the start and just was crap for me, easily displaced.

I was actually kidding re: Ball...

Had a bit of an overhaul in the summer. 3 big-buy defenders came in for ageing/weaker players. I shipped out Fazio, Al Habsi, Ustari, a regen, Sanogo, Illsinho and Buonanotte to generate some more cash and brought in Raphael Varane, Martin Kelly and Sime Vrsaljko for a combined total of around 45m, Wilshere contract was expiring (plus he doesn't seem to be rated that highly :S ) so he came in for 5m and so did James Rodriguez from Porto. Finally I needed a replacement for Sanogo as the regen I let go was also a striker so in came Iker Muniain for 13m (release clause) who has been the stand out.

The defenders seem to have bedded in fairly quickly, Varane looks the best so far and a week til January and Muniain has 18 in 14(4) and leads the scoring charts. He smashes it playing the poacher role, should be even better when he's mastered breaking the offside trap. Going into 2015 my first XI now looks something like this:

Babacar/Muniain

Jano - Dzagoev - Sanchez

Matip - Defour

Digne - Varane - Kelly - Vrsaljko

Marco Amelia

Qualified top of my champs league group (Lyon didn't perform) and sit top of the league after a ridiculous christmas period playing Arsenal (slightly fortunate 2-0), Chelsea (Scraped a 1-0) and Yanited (Demolished them 4-1) and now everyones knackered but Tranmere are visiting for the FA cup 3rd round so a little rest.

Apart from FM11 being a highly bloody addictive game, the custom element i love.. Making new kits, etc, etc just makes the game feel even better.. I have just added some adboards, new crowd sounds, made a new 3d kit for City and new 2d kits and i just feel like i'm playing a new game everytime!

Apart from FM11 being a highly bloody addictive game, the custom element i love.. Making new kits, etc, etc just makes the game feel even better.. I have just added some adboards, new crowd sounds, made a new 3d kit for City and new 2d kits and i just feel like i'm playing a new game everytime!

Where'd you get ad boards from? (Are they worth getting?) and what sound pack have you downloaded? (Is it an improvement on the normal shiz?)

Where'd you get ad boards from? (Are they worth getting?) and what sound pack have you downloaded? (Is it an improvement on the normal shiz?)

I recommend both mate and as for sounds you even have chants for your team.. Leicester, Leicester, Leicesterrrrrrr!!

Adboards = http://www.gamefront.com/files/17560132/Football_Manager_11_Adboard_Patch___Base_Pack_zip

Sound pack = http://www.filefront.com/17523980/FM11-Sound-Pack.rar/

I recommend both mate and as for sounds you even have chants for your team.. Leicester, Leicester, Leicesterrrrrrr!!

Adboards = http://www.gamefront.com/files/17560132/Football_Manager_11_Adboard_Patch___Base_Pack_zip

Sound pack = http://www.filefront.com/17523980/FM11-Sound-Pack.rar/

Nice one, downloading now. What folders do they need to go. I assume ads are in Docs > FM > graphics > but then what?

And sound pack goes in Docs > FM > sounds > then what?

Cheeeers!

Scratch that, figured out both. Ad boards are a nice touch but the sound pack is quality compared to the usual boring drone.

Nice one, downloading now. What folders do they need to go. I assume ads are in Docs > FM > graphics > but then what?

And sound pack goes in Docs > FM > sounds > then what?

Cheeeers!

Scratch that, figured out both. Ad boards are a nice touch but the sound pack is quality compared to the usual boring drone.

How do you do it?

How do you do it?

There's a readme in both files I believe. The chants you have to overwrite your Sound and Event folders inside 'data' in your install directory (program files > SI > FM2011 etc) but make sure you back them up just in case it doesn't work.

As for the ads, I think it explains in the readme. One goes in Docs > SI > FM > graphics > pictures > ads and the other goes in Docs > SI> FM

Theres a jinx in my game.

Right, I'm after this 16 year old wonderkid who plays for Shamrock.

His personal feeling thing is always set to 'has recieved a contract offer from Shamrock'. I have had about 500 offers accepted and I offer him a contract and he's happy with it and all that. But then he constantly signs a new contract with Shamrock.

I can put as many bids in as I want, they get accepted but it still says he signs a new deal at Shamrock :blink: He signs a new contract every week.

No club on the game can sign him.

Archived