Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

What's the best way to use lukaku he's currently up top on his own with three behind him don't know weather to use him as a complete forward advanced or poacher

Funnily if he's playing with three behind him, I wouldn't choose any of those options. Target man or Deep Forward.

Hmmm....

Assistant manager's. Anyone know anyone I could get?

Walter Zenga..... /Discussion

Well, I for some reason love him, his stats are good but he just seems to get everything spot on once you have him, the odd team selection when your stuck, team talks, opp instructions he always has a full list for every team.

:wub: Him!!

Nice one, downloading now. What folders do they need to go. I assume ads are in Docs > FM > graphics > but then what?

And sound pack goes in Docs > FM > sounds > then what?

Cheeeers!

Scratch that, figured out both. Ad boards are a nice touch but the sound pack is quality compared to the usual boring drone.

Glad ya sorted it as just got online, was gonna say tho there are simple to follow instructions in the packs.. Sound one is great isn't it!

I don't want any sound pack unless it has OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU'RE, SHIT, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I think it's in there, i certainly know there's a "the ref is a willy puller and you don't know what your doing" chant

What's the best way to use lukaku he's currently up top on his own with three behind him don't know weather to use him as a complete forward advanced or poacher

Target man

Hmmm....

Assistant manager's. Anyone know anyone I could get?

I've got Brian Horton currently, was recommended on some website so i got him

Finally managed to finish my Vauxhall season in the BSP and what a very tough season that was!! As mentioned previously, my team had unlearnt the tactics from the previous season, but I only noticed that before the last friendly of the pre-season. So my team struggled in the early stages and I was languishing outside the playoffs for most of the first half of the season. I was drawing so many games which was mostly due to inept finishing at this level. By now the team was starting to get well-drilled and unbeaten in a long time.

I mentioned that I drew 2-2 away at Championship Brentford in the FA Cup 3rd round (having disposed of Wrexham, Luton and Cambridge in the 4th quali, 1st and 2nd rounds respectively), and the replay turned out to be my performance of the season. Kept Brentford to 4 shots on target and 0 clear cut chances to win 2-0 and set up a meeting against Blackburn at Rivacre Park. I was a bit disappointed not to have gotten an away draw for the moolah but ah well. I went on to lose 0-3 after having held them until first-half injury time.

All the while I was progressing in the FA Trophy cup without actually wanting to. My team was suffering heavily fitness and injury-wise from all those games. Had a staggering 18 games combined in February and March!!

Last third of the season I was well established in the playoffs, but Oxford in the lead were frighteningly strong, while Rushden and York were shaping it up to be a four horse race for promotion. This is when all the drama happened and I lost 6 key players to long term injuries including my main man in defence Vermooten and my top scorer Paul Taylor and next in line strikers Whitwell and Kennedy. So I had only three fit strikers at the whole club which all had to be fielded. Needless to say one of them got injured for 5 weeks the next game. Thankfully though (in this instance anyway) I tend to buy many players, especially young guns with potential, and they all did way above expectations to keep my run going.

With three games to go I sneaked in front of Oxford into first place for the first time on goal difference. In the next game I played Fleetwood away who were top of the form table while Oxford played Histon at home. I thought I was going to throw it all away as I was trailing 2-1 and Oxford were drawing 1-1. I had been creating chance after chance but hitting the target proved almost impossible, until Dominic Rotter popped up in third minute of added time to thump in the equalizer! That team has had a real habit of doing that in big games :P Meanwhile Histon had sneaked a winner meaning I only had to match Oxford's result in the last game which I duly did.

As a bonus, my reserves got me all the way to the final of the FA Trophy, so I decided I'd go for it. Defeated Mansfield over two legs while Hampton & Richmond Borough produced a huge shock by eliminating Oxford paving the way for my first cup title :thumbup:

Up the league we go then!!

ps. 'goal of the season' - any goal that defies the laws of physics should get this award in my view :P watch how the ball goes in...

God I wish my laptop could play 3D view properly like that :(

I can play 3d view on my desktop just! but i can't have the numbers on the back showing as 3d view then just goes all sluggish :(

Just smashed Roma in the first knockout round of the Champs League. 3-3 at their place in the first leg and 4-0 at the Walkers in the return with an outfield average age of 23 :wub:

I love sweet youth :ph34r:

Just drew Real Madrid in the Quarters. First leg away is about the only good thing I got from that. Will play Yanited/Marseilles, who will be very beatable, in the Semi's which is preferable to a likely Barca/Bayern.

Also, I forgot to upload it before but watching the Champs League best goals one year, good old Ronny won it with this ridiculous effort....

Theres a jinx in my game.

Right, I'm after this 16 year old wonderkid who plays for Shamrock.

His personal feeling thing is always set to 'has recieved a contract offer from Shamrock'. I have had about 500 offers accepted and I offer him a contract and he's happy with it and all that. But then he constantly signs a new contract with Shamrock.

I can put as many bids in as I want, they get accepted but it still says he signs a new deal at Shamrock :blink: He signs a new contract every week.

No club on the game can sign him.

Wait til he's 17, he'll sign a pro contract with Shamrock then just buy him normally. Will cost you a bit more but it should stop that happening.

Ergh, hung on at the Bernabau for a 1-1 draw, happy with the away goal. Went 2-0 back at my place, battered them first half with Babacar missing two more good chances to kill it. They pulled it back to 2-1 in first half stoppage time and after Amelia making a few good saves in the last 20 Kaka goes and rockets it into the top corner from 25 yards with 8 minutes to go. 3-3 on aggregate, they take it on away goals. ****ers.

EDIT: All evens out, next game against Yanited in the FA Cup semi final Babacar grabbed a last minute winner to take it 2-1. Now to face Reading in the final lol Treble on the cards if I don't bum up the league. 7 points clear of Man U but got Arsenal and Chelsea still to play.

Wait til he's 17, he'll sign a pro contract with Shamrock then just buy him normally. Will cost you a bit more but it should stop that happening.

Yes I'm going to do that :thumbup:

Finally managed to finish my Vauxhall season in the BSP and what a very tough season that was!! As mentioned previously, my team had unlearnt the tactics from the previous season, but I only noticed that before the last friendly of the pre-season. So my team struggled in the early stages and I was languishing outside the playoffs for most of the first half of the season. I was drawing so many games which was mostly due to inept finishing at this level. By now the team was starting to get well-drilled and unbeaten in a long time.

I mentioned that I drew 2-2 away at Championship Brentford in the FA Cup 3rd round (having disposed of Wrexham, Luton and Cambridge in the 4th quali, 1st and 2nd rounds respectively), and the replay turned out to be my performance of the season. Kept Brentford to 4 shots on target and 0 clear cut chances to win 2-0 and set up a meeting against Blackburn at Rivacre Park. I was a bit disappointed not to have gotten an away draw for the moolah but ah well. I went on to lose 0-3 after having held them until first-half injury time.

All the while I was progressing in the FA Trophy cup without actually wanting to. My team was suffering heavily fitness and injury-wise from all those games. Had a staggering 18 games combined in February and March!!

Last third of the season I was well established in the playoffs, but Oxford in the lead were frighteningly strong, while Rushden and York were shaping it up to be a four horse race for promotion. This is when all the drama happened and I lost 6 key players to long term injuries including my main man in defence Vermooten and my top scorer Paul Taylor and next in line strikers Whitwell and Kennedy. So I had only three fit strikers at the whole club which all had to be fielded. Needless to say one of them got injured for 5 weeks the next game. Thankfully though (in this instance anyway) I tend to buy many players, especially young guns with potential, and they all did way above expectations to keep my run going.

With three games to go I sneaked in front of Oxford into first place for the first time on goal difference. In the next game I played Fleetwood away who were top of the form table while Oxford played Histon at home. I thought I was going to throw it all away as I was trailing 2-1 and Oxford were drawing 1-1. I had been creating chance after chance but hitting the target proved almost impossible, until Dominic Rotter popped up in third minute of added time to thump in the equalizer! That team has had a real habit of doing that in big games :P Meanwhile Histon had sneaked a winner meaning I only had to match Oxford's result in the last game which I duly did.

As a bonus, my reserves got me all the way to the final of the FA Trophy, so I decided I'd go for it. Defeated Mansfield over two legs while Hampton & Richmond Borough produced a huge shock by eliminating Oxford paving the way for my first cup title :thumbup:

Up the league we go then!!

ps. 'goal of the season' - any goal that defies the laws of physics should get this award in my view :P watch how the ball goes in...

Sounds good! My boston are in BSP and are doing brilliant, having only lost twice. Just wondered if you plan to do a BSN-Prem or whether (like me) you'll leave for a bigger club if the right offer comes in?

ASSSSSSSSULLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Just won me the game against QPR in the Carling Cup 3rd Round with 12 seconds remaining until extra time with a long range effort!

Video later.

I signed Richard Stearman and he has literally been my best player in the first season in the Premier League.

I also signed Ganso for £20M and he has scored a grand total of 4 goals and got 1 assist in 7 months. He's my AM with an attack duty and loads of creative freedom and he's been ****ing useless for the most part. Any suggestions on how to improve his game without changing what everyone else does? Everything seems to be clicking for me at the moment, I'd just like him to do a bit more.

Sounds good! My boston are in BSP and are doing brilliant, having only lost twice. Just wondered if you plan to do a BSN-Prem or whether (like me) you'll leave for a bigger club if the right offer comes in?

I'm on a mission to get Vauxhall into the Champions League within 7 seasons. So promotion every season with one consolidation season allowed. Besides getting the club promoted every season, the biggest hurdle is probably to expand the stadium and improve the facilities while keeping the club afloat and not compromising the transfer budget. Pre-season friendlies and cup runs are the only real sources of income so I'm a bit anxious at this stage...

Left Bulgaria, got the job at Luton in the bottom of L1. Then after not playing FM for a couple of weeks I decide to resign at Luton after just 14 days (gonna blame not settling in or something). Got the job at Bristol City (lower mid-table in L1 with 8 games left) Remarkably won 7/8 which led me into 5th place. Just won the POSF against Barnsley and am about to play Notts County in the final.

who i have just beaten 4-2

ps. During the run-in I noticed that the board confidence regarding league performance was higher when I was in third (80%) than when I had secured the title and promotion (70%). I selected "win promotion" at the start of the season, but it's still rather bizarre that they're less satisfied that I had over-achieved :huh:

Babacar's got a bit of everything hasn't he? Complete Forward I reckon.

Now someone tell me how to play Ganso because he's been virtually useless in his first season.

What formation do you play? I've never had him but I've used others similar to him and I think they are suited best to a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond or a 4-2-3-1, in both playing an advanced playmaker role or just a plain amc.

He's South American as well and he's young so he might need some bedding in, i'm not really sure how this works under the hood.

Archived