Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Has anyone managed to acquire new rivals on the info screen simply through playing? Just wondering whether rivals are static or can actually appear later in the game?

I was Man City in my 2nd season, with Leicester 18th, everyone had played there games and Man City vs Leicester was the last fixture, in which Man City needed to win to grab the title and Leicester needing to win to stay up. Played my reserve team with strikers in goal and defense and my goalkeepers up front. Lost 3-0, Leicester stayed up and i finished 2nd, 2 points behind Chelsea. Commitment.

Got one hell of a youth team - last 5 games, won all 5, scoring 29 and conceding 0.

Might need to sign some more experienced players though - my starting 11 for a recent game v liverpool (won 3-0) had an average age of 19, even with craig gordon at 31 in goal. Him and gunter were the only two players over the age of 20.

Has anyone managed to acquire new rivals on the info screen simply through playing? Just wondering whether rivals are static or can actually appear later in the game?

Man city come up on mine we seam to get them in semi finals all the time on my Leicester game and beat them most the time

Three down, three to go. Set a new points and goals scored record on the way to League One. Found a host of very good freebies (link) after promotion from the BSP and I hope some of them will last me all the way to the Prem. Got to the final of the JPT and got to the 4th round again in the FA Cup, this time getting an away tie at Arsenal. That game alone brought the club half of the £1,5mil profit this season! Will look to keep the core of this squad and try and navigate through League One with absolutely minimum outlay bar facility improvements. Onwards and upwards

Got one hell of a youth team - last 5 games, won all 5, scoring 29 and conceding 0.

Might need to sign some more experienced players though - my starting 11 for a recent game v liverpool (won 3-0) had an average age of 19, even with craig gordon at 31 in goal. Him and gunter were the only two players over the age of 20.

miscounted there, actually 60 goals scored and none conceded in just 8 games.

Won a third successive prem title with 4 games to spare, 95 points from 34 games with 96 goals scored and 23 conceded.

Won the 2018 Russia World Cup with England yesterday. My squad was actually pretty poor and we didn't play well at all but my run in was ridiculously easy, didn't meet any of the best 3 teams in the world (Spain, Argentina and Brazil). In fact I didn't meet any of the top 10 ranked teams in the world.

My group was England, Belgium, Ghana and Japan. After winning all three of the group games (scraping victories against Belgium and Japan), I drew Russia (the highest ranked team on my game I would meet). Following an Added time winner, I drew Switzerland in the quarter finals. I was worrying before this game as Ivory coast (who had somehow beaten Spain on penalties) were playing the best team on the game, Brazil, with the winner to play me. I beat switzerland quite convincingly, and Ivory Coast had somehow beaten Brazil on penalties too. I beat them to get in the final to draw..... Belgium, runner up in my group, who had been on a run which included beating Italy and France, Italy having beaten the danger team from the other side of the draw, Argentina.

If only that could happen in real life.

More bemusing was the fact that Ivory Coast and Belgium, 3rd and 2nd respectively, both sacked their managers, despite both starting outside the top 25 by world ranking.

Does anybody know how I can retire as England manager as I can't find it anywhere (I'm also managing Leicester), and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to emulate this success?

Like this only with England instead of Scotland.

howtoleaveaninternationalteam.jpg

Meanwhile:

Toplak.jpg

Granted when manure came in for him in January I asked for a fee rising to 1 billion (unsurprisingly they didn't pay up) but 202M?

Hibs would be laughing their way to the bank if that came off, I paid 3.4M for him + 10% of the next transfer fee - meaning they'd net 23.6M for a player they signed for 40k and only had for 1 season.

Like this only with England instead of Scotland.

howtoleaveaninternationalteam.jpg

Meanwhile:

Toplak.jpg

Granted when manure came in for him in January I asked for a fee rising to 1 billion (unsurprisingly they didn't pay up) but 202M?

Hibs would be laughing their way to the bank if that came off, I paid 3.4M for him + 10% of the next transfer fee - meaning they'd net 23.6M for a player they signed for 40k and only had for 1 season.

Cheers!

Also give us an update if spurs put a bid in!

Looks like it will be a tough season for Vauxhall in League One. I've had a below average transfer window, replacing players with equally mediocre or slightly better ones and missing out on any real improvements. Despite promotion as champions, I can't attract higher caliber players and even Prem youngsters are snubbing me for rivals or even clubs in League Two. I upgraded the training facilities last year (cost me £1.2mil and is still only 'fairly basic') and am doing it again this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

The league contains some very big sides including Southampton (favourites with a ridiculously good squad), Ipswich, Charlton, Sheff W etc, and my first fixtures are against So'ton, Hull (LC) and Charlton. Tough start!

Oh - Once again my team has unlearned all tactics in match preparation and I'm starting to think it's because of the many players leaving and new ones coming in. The team has to relearn EVERYTHING from scratch and even with tons of training amount and loads of pre-season games, my best tactic prior to the opening game is still only 'awkward'. I haven't experienced anything this extreme before in other games besides the very first season. Am I alone in this?

Meanwhile:

Toplak.jpg

I'd give that Gray a contract, Gray's are always good footballers. :whistle:

3rd season finished 7th and got given 30 million to spend, got Phil Jones (15 million), John Fleck (5 raising to 8) and Kieron Gibbs (3.3 million) also got Malouda and Drogba on frees.

That gray has been released.

Meanwhile something strange is going on:

in february i offered professional terms to one of my youth players, he agree the contract and signed. Now at the end of the season it's told me he didn't do enough to earn professional terms and has been released from the club. I tried to re-sign him yet he refuses to open contract negotiations despite me being on his favoured personell list and his favourite club(s) being leicester.

How do i fix this?

Edit: any way of jazzing up the press conferences next year so it reads what you say in the additional comments section?

I've just called UEFA corrupt donkey-****ers and it hasn't registered it in the slightest.

pashun.png

Oh, **** off with your demands for "pashun".

Hopefully this is good enough for him:

result.png

Only problem with that result - both keepers are at leicester as is a cb from both sides, one of whom (dirk marcellis) was made to look a mug by goodwillie on 4 occasions.

beat the aussies 4-0, uruaguay 3-0 to qualify from the group, belgium 2-0 in the 1st knockout round, then 4-1 v bosnia in the quarters.

Spain in the semis - could be the dullest match ever - faced them on 3 occasions and all have finished 0-0.

Archived