Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

coming to a fantastic conclusion to an amazing season with swindon, after winning league 1 easily, sat top of the championship from pretty much day 1, just now secured my play off spot at least with 5 games to go, 41 played, won 25,drawn 9,lost 7,scored 77, conceded 40, 84 points!!! :) still tight at the top,wolves got relegated but after winning the fa cup while in the prem, they have had alot of games in hand throughout the season because of european games, and are 4 points behind me with 1 game in hand after being in the playoffs all season with about 9 games in hand. they have an amazing squad for the championship (whom ive beaten twice,3-0 and 1-2)...they are currently on 81 points with 101 goals scored and 41 conceded.

after going through a rough patch in early january i made a few formation tweaks, kicked a few players back sides, made some quality signings and im looking at heading into the prem with what can only be described as the perfect championship team! full of good players with the occasional gem,most young with 1 or 2 experienced heads, incredibly attractive football with the best home record by far.

heres my full squad.

zach boucher

adriano basso

paul caddis

sol bamba

scott cuthbert

anthony bartholome

anthony ousafane

eddie nolan

alan sheehan

simon ferry

jp mcgovern

andrea orlandi

casper henningsen

bradley johnson

baldur sigurdsson

daniel powell

william le pogam

milan ivana

charlie austin

will hoskins

after a small january sort out - i got rid of

chris brown

isaac osbourne

georgie paun

davy brouwers

alex nicholls

dusan sninsky

ivan hodur

muchael jacobs

callum mcrobbie

ins:

jason puncheon 250k

nathan tyson 40k

jay rodriguez 400k

rhys murphy (loan-gone back now)

ross jenkins (loan-gone back now)

mamady sidibe -loan

all been brilliant,puncheon tearing up any and all right backs,tyson predictibly got injured before he played,for two months,just returned and scored on his debut,jay rodriguez scoring two consecutive hattricks before getting injured and all the loan lads were brilliant, particlarly rhys murphy,scored from anywhere!!

just picked up manager of the month after these results pompey 5-1 W (a) scunny 5-0 W (h) Q.p.r W 3-0 (a) Leicester W3-1 (a) blackpool W 2-0 (h)

finally getting orlandi playing has been player of the month,been class, the stars are still charlie austin (23 goals in 27 appearances) and milan ivana with 17 in 33 with 19 assist and 11 MOMs.

with promotion looking likely, i have jan kysela,steve jennings,karim guede and lee camp signing all on frees :)

up the robins!

beat spain 3-1 (2 from goodwillie and a pen from courts), faced brazil in the final.

Had to defend for most of the final but was ahead for almost the entire match - from kick-off brazil come racing foward, toss the ball into the box where it's smashed away by Danny Wilson, Thiago Silva (brazil cb) comes racing foward to head it, jumps under it and goodwillie is onside and through on goal, slotting past cesar to make it 1-0 scotland inside 50 seconds.

Last ditch defending for the next 80 minutes, with brazil hitting the woodwork, having shots cleared off the line and generally coming as close as possible without scoring. Then with 10 minutes to go, brazil corner is headed away, darren fletcher clears the ball long and Andy Carroll outpaces the CB before hammering the ball into the far corner infront of the scotland fans.

2-0 scotland and wild celebrations from me. Held out to win the world cup.

Whats the best tactic to play in Spain? Just trying out a game with Sevilla, I like the 4-2-3-1 formation Real are playing but not sure what settings to have. I always pick Rigid in England but would Fluid work better in Spain?

Andy Carroll outpaces the CB before hammering the ball into the far corner

Andy Carroll the Liverpool player who plays for England and has **** all pace or dribbling?

Whats the best tactic to play in Spain? Just trying out a game with Sevilla, I like the 4-2-3-1 formation Real are playing but not sure what settings to have. I always pick Rigid in England but would Fluid work better in Spain?

This is very much down to the personnel. I haven't played in Spain in FM 2011 but had quite decent success as Sporting Gijon with a classic 4-5-1/4-2-3-1in FM 2010. All my tactics have been rigid or standard and attacking so I'd try that out if I were in your shoes.

Andy Carroll the Liverpool player who plays for England and has **** all pace or dribbling?

not at liverpool or an england player on the 11.2 db and outpaces may be a bit of an over statement, more, through on goal on the half-way line since brazil had everyone foward looking for an equaliser - he had a 30 odd yard head-start on the defender and only just reached the box and got a shot away before the defender could get a tackle in.

Right, i may have started hoarding players at leicester and i need to trim some fat.

CB:

D. Marcellis

D. Wilson

A. Tunchev

D. Stojanovic (re-gen)

J. Hobbs

A. Cuntz (re-gen)

L. Cuntz (re-gen)

Y. Bondarenko (re-gen)

M. Vitor

D. Straub (re-gen)

AMC:

S. Nasri

J. Wilshere

O. Ba (re-gen)

M. Pjanic

Cidinho

C. Eriksen

are the problem areas, everywhere else has a starting player and a back up or two for each position. I want to keep 90% or so of the re-gens so my squad can be completely home-grown in 4/5 years time - any suggestions on who to sell?

not at liverpool or an england player on the 11.2 db and outpaces may be a bit of an over statement, more, through on goal on the half-way line since brazil had everyone foward looking for an equaliser - he had a 30 odd yard head-start on the defender and only just reached the box and got a shot away before the defender could get a tackle in.

I see. How strange to leave a big and slow target man on his own up front facing a corner in the final minutes of a WC final when you lead by one goal instead of having him defend. Out of curiosity, did you also win the FA and CL finals that season?

I see. How strange to leave a big and slow target man on his own up front facing a corner in the final minutes of a WC final when you lead by one goal instead of having him defend. Out of curiosity, did you also win the FA and CL finals that season?

Not really, there are two options in the situation i described:

1) Leave a pacey but small player forward, all the big men in the box and lump it out to the pacey guy to try and counter.

2) Leave a big man up, hoof it out and hope the big man can hold the ball up and give the rest of the team a short breather.

When i'm facing lesser opposition i'd choose the first one, try and score as many as possible but against the likes of brazil, argentina etc. with scotland and barcelona, R. Madrid etc. with leicester i tend to choose the second one and not try hard to get another.

Sold Cidinho, loaned out a couple of the re-gens but why are only relatively big (cidinho went to leverkusen) sides making bids for my players, and even then it's only for pjanic... i'm trying to sell marcellis & eriksen but people aren't interested.

edit: Actually there's probably a third option of pull everyone back and just defend for dear life but thats not a notion i'd ever entertain.

Cos those players want chams league wages and games, even if they just sit on your bench. You have a catch 22 cos they need games for teams to be interested but they need to be festering in your ressies for smaller teams to try.

I'd loan them out and negotiate a permanency fee or just flog em cheap.

1) Leave a pacey but small player forward, all the big men in the box and lump it out to the pacey guy to try and counter.

2) Leave a big man up, hoof it out and hope the big man can hold the ball up and give the rest of the team a short breather.

When i'm facing lesser opposition i'd choose the first one, try and score as many as possible but against the likes of brazil, argentina etc. with scotland and barcelona, R. Madrid etc. with leicester i tend to choose the second one and not try hard to get another.

Sold Cidinho, loaned out a couple of the re-gens but why are only relatively big (cidinho went to leverkusen) sides making bids for my players, and even then it's only for pjanic... i'm trying to sell marcellis & eriksen but people aren't interested.

How odd. Because what would it serve you to have a pacy striker defending a corner? And isn't the point of having someone hold up the ball that the support cavalry comes charging to create a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 situation thus defeating the 'short breather' theory? Each to theirs of course, but I find it odd.

And it's probably because your players' reputation is too high for smaller clubs to go for them as you've won every single tournament. The AI knows it's not gonna happen. If their CA/PA don't correspond with their reputation (i.e. they've got a much higher reputation than their ability justifies) the AI will more likely go for cheaper alternatives.

How odd. Because what would it serve you to have a pacy striker defending a corner? And isn't the point of having someone hold up the ball that the support cavalry comes charging to create a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 situation thus defeating the 'short breather' theory? Each to theirs of course, but I find it odd.

it is probably odd and not the normal choice for defending corners but it does seem to work for me.

And the pacey striker back is on the edge of the box - if the ball is half cleared I want my players to be there ahead of any of the opposition loitering outside the box, and the striker unlikely to do much in the air but with plenty of pace is best suited to be that sort of player.

Ipswich X - X Vauxhall @ Portman Road (League One, 5 Nov 2013)

12 - 16 Shots

8 - 8 On Target

0 - 2 Woodwork

3 - 8 Clear Cut Chances

1 - 4 Long Shots

41 - 59 Possession %

6 - 7 Corners

19 - 13 Free Kicks

1 - 8 Offsides

1 - 1 Yellow C

0 - 0 Red C

GUESS THE SCORE! maybe this will catch on :P