Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Changed my tactics to 4-3-2-1 and it just didnt work.

Sacked after less than ten games of the second season with me in the relegation zone, just.

Anyone reccomend any tacitcs, and whether you use fluid, rigid, etc? I know some will work better for different teams but I'm struggling.

managing FC Franchise? Probably best for your reputation that you got sacked.

Going well at the top of the prem with, and i'd like to pre-emptively aplogise to the moderators for when thracian sees this, about 50-60% of my first team being youth team graduates (well actually top young players i signed and then played in the youth team for a season or two).

Got a sensational career going with Rotherham at the minute.

Season 1: Champions League 2

Season 2: Runner Up League 1

Season 3: Won Play-Offs Championship (finished 6th)

Season 4: Finished 12th in first ever season in Prem.

Season 5: Won the Prem, League Cup and FA Cup.

Season 6: Currently top of league by 12 points with 6 games left, in the semi final of FA Cup, in q/final of Champs League and won the Carling Cup and Community Shield.

Bought Alex Smithies when I was in League 2, he has played nearly every game since I got him apart from about 6 and he is now Englands number 1 :D

I've got a lad from Palermo called Abel Hernandez up front for me, he has scored 44 goals in 47 matches for me this season. Think I only got him for about 15mil aswell, bargain.

Got a sensational career going with Rotherham at the minute.

Season 1: Champions League 2

Season 2: Runner Up League 1

Season 3: Won Play-Offs Championship (finished 6th)

Season 4: Finished 12th in first ever season in Prem.

Season 5: Won the Prem, League Cup and FA Cup.

Season 6: Currently top of league by 12 points with 6 games left, in the semi final of FA Cup, in q/final of Champs League and won the Carling Cup and Community Shield.

Bought Alex Smithies when I was in League 2, he has played nearly every game since I got him apart from about 6 and he is now Englands number 1 :D

I've got a lad from Palermo called Abel Hernandez up front for me, he has scored 44 goals in 47 matches for me this season. Think I only got him for about 15mil aswell, bargain.

Impressive! How did you get Smithies in League 2 though? :huh:

And lol at Hernandez. I suppose you've not been reading the thread for long :giggle:

I went to the press, saying I'd try and sign him, he then said he was interested. Sold a few players so I could give him a better wage, and then he came :D

No I haven't been on the thread before, I just popped on this morning. Also got Juan Manuel Mate who has scored 16 in 33 and Edinson Cavani who has 29 in 36.

Mata*

Would edit it but on my phone.

Erm... guys remember when I bought Jordan Henderson and you all took the mick out of me?

Have you seen the price Liverpool have had accepted?

But on FM11, which is the game we're playing, he's simply not good enough. Now he's at Liverpool, too right he's gonna be a lot better on FM12 and worth buying - but on FM11 he's not really good and has little potential.

First season at Huddersfield and I seem to have finally found a good tactic thats working.

Straight 4-4-2. Had a inconsistent start, playing well but not getting the results. Now have gone on a seven game unbeaten run and am yet to lose at home, whilst losing just once away. Sitting in sixth place now.

But on FM11, which is the game we're playing, he's simply not good enough. Now he's at Liverpool, too right he's gonna be a lot better on FM12 and worth buying - but on FM11 he's not really good and has little potential.

Fair enough, I just wanted to point out the coincidence in the same amounts of money.

Has anybody ever gone a season unbeaten?

Played 19 and won 19 so far, scoring 50 goals and conceeding 6 as posted above.

Peps 4-3-3 is really working a treat for my Leicester side at the minute and I'm picking up all the plaudits from the sexy football we are playing.

Might look to invest in Smithies in the January transfer window, just for back up.

I've gone a season on FMH unbeaten but that was piss easy compared with FMPC.

Peps 4-3-3 is really working a treat for my Leicester side at the minute and I'm picking up all the plaudits from the sexy football we are playing.

Might look to invest in Smithies in the January transfer window, just for back up.

On 2011, no - had 3 successive seasons where i've gone unbeaten for 37 games and then lost on the final day.

i did do 1 & 1/2 seasons unbeaten with fiorentina on 2009 though.

I have. On my save I'm in about 2020 (maybe a few extra) and I went one season unbeaten purely because of a poacher i bought as a very very very promising 17 year old. He literally scored 2-3 goals each game, and saved me many times on 90+ minutes.

First season at Huddersfield and I seem to have finally found a good tactic thats working.

Straight 4-4-2. Had a inconsistent start, playing well but not getting the results. Now have gone on a seven game unbeaten run and am yet to lose at home, whilst losing just once away. Sitting in sixth place now.

Got some good results and some bad ones, really I was just too inconsistent. My away record finished the second best in the league, my home record was mid table.

Made the overall JPT Final before losing 1-0 to Brighton. Though I managed to make the PO's and destroyed them 4-0 over two legs to get revenge and met Southampton in the final, who I had done the double over. But they were the form team.

Such a gutting game, went down 4-3.

Not sure I fancy myself to get promotion next season, as had a few players on loan who I doubt I can keep.

I have with chelsea, went 70 odd games unbeaten

Edit: 75 games from 16/02/2013 - 03/02/2015

I've never quite understood using other's tactics, I have to admit. With people rarely bothered with training schedules and constantly asking for player recommendations, tactics are the only thing still left to play around with. Copy that as well, then what is there left? :unsure:

Haha, I remember a while ago on football manager, I signed Benzema for Real Madrid and then the next season in real life, he did sign! I felt very pleased with myself.

i did that on fm10 but with man city i signed dzeko then he signed in real life its weird

I've never quite understood using other's tactics, I have to admit. With people rarely bothered with training schedules and constantly asking for player recommendations, tactics are the only thing still left to play around with. Copy that as well, then what is there left? :unsure:

I don't see the point of asking for player recommendations or training schedules either, really. Though I'm usually happy to oblige.

I've not gone on a season unbeaten in 2011; though I have as Real Betis on a previous version.

In the league, that is. I believe I lost in the semis of the Spanish cup that season to Zaragoza. I remember this, fairly vividly, as they seemed to knock me out of the same competition almost every year. Weird, in hindsight.

Always getting injuries right now, just got Dembele back in form, won 2 in a row, and then 2 draws against United and Liverpool, and then a torn hamstring to him, Church, broken foot to my starting CB and double hernia to Stanislas.

Takes the toll to 8, and I have a threadbare squad already. Putting yoof on the bench to make up the numbers.

Me and my mate are doing the SPL, he is Celtic, I'm Rangers.

Celtic were given a budget of about 7million, I was given nothing as Rangers have financial problems. So I was forced to bring in people like Kevin Phillips on loan and try to find bargains. Whilst Celtic were going after young Brazil players and giving players big money.

The early stages of the season were inconsistent for both of us, dropping points home and away. The champions league was a distraction for my players, as I came bottom of the group containing Werder Bremen, Man U and FC Twente. I lost 6-0 and 5-0 to Man Utd.

Celtic were doing well in the Europa League and won thier group comfortably. We were drawn against each other in the League Cup with Celtic prevailing at Ibrox after Extra time, and then two days later beat Rangers again in the league at Celtic park.

I was really struggling to find a consistently good tactic and formation, and it was showing as I lose to teams home and away, and up till December found myself an alarming 5th, 12 points behind Celtic whose nearest rivals were Hibs and Aberdeen. Celtic were hardly running away with it, just the best of a very even league. Poor really as both Glasgow clubs should be running away with it.

Then my Rangers team went on bit of a run. Unbeaten in ten and won 7, including a 1-0 home win over Celtic and a draw at Celtic park in the third league game. Now Celtic lead the table, closely followed by Hibs and Rangers who trail by two points.

The fact I went out of Europe and one cup early looks a blessing in disguise as I have less games to deal with, unlike the start of the season where I had three games in hand at one stage.

Really is a close end to the season, the split in the league is almost upon is while I will be playing Celtic at home in the 'extra' 5 games.

From 12 points behind, I'm pleased I have turned it around. The only drawback is that my team dont score too many, grind out 1-0s whereas Celtic win 3-1/4-2 and havea superior goal difference. But I fancy myself over Celtic to nick the league and potentially the Scottish cup too.

The run I have been on has been helped by some great loan signings after I offloaded a number of players to generate funds. Kieran Richardson came in, with Simon Cox to name a few. Adding to El Hadj Diouf and Veiss from Man City I do have a lot of loanees, so wthey will need replacing for next season, but this season is very much the priority.

We should finish it on Thursday, hopefully with me victorious and pulling off an amazing recovery to win the league.

Does anyone know if it is possible to view how the league table stood previously?

I mean for example, to show it stood after ten games. Dont hink its possible but if anyone knows if theres a way it would be appreciated.

I know you can see a graph of a teams position over the season, but I'm after a table really.

Archived