Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Who are you playing on goal then? :unsure: Smithies is a class GK on that game. Well..saying that, I'm kinda getting annoyed with him in my LCFC save in my 5th season, he concedes too much I think, or maybe it's just my defence that isn't all that strong.

I was coming into my 4th season and had already given him 2 new deals and he was on nearly 20k a week, which wasnt doing my wage budget any good. He kept being unhappy at wanting to go to a new club so I let him go. £5m was good money I think as he was vaued at £1.8m.

I signed some young keeper from Norwich who was decent but needed time to settle in.

Anyway I have started a new game as Spurs, sold Dawson, King, and Corluka for almost a combined £30m, and brought in a load of youngsters from all over the place. Bought Smithies for £900k and hoping to loan him out.

Won my first game of the season 3-1 at Stoke and now about to play the CL qualifer.

I play with hinckley united from the blue sqaure bet north, we got promoted to conference premier on the first try, and managed to win promotion to league 2 through the playoffs.

First season in league 2 we finished 20th, so next season i set about rebuiling my squad, i brought jeffrey schulup for 26k and landed tom parkes, tom kennedy, and dany n'guessan all on frees!

I also managed to find some quality foreign players on frees. We won promotion from league two as champions in 2014 and have just started our first season in league one, we currently sitting 3rd in the table with 9 points from 4 games :)

Got promoted in my first season with Leicester, via the playoffs. Currently 6th after 12 games.

Smithies (800k)

Naughton (£3m)

Bramble (£3.2m)

Mellberg (500k)

Figueroa (£2.7m)

Phil Neville (450k)

Adam (£8m)

Vaughan (free)

King

Owen (free)

Lucas (£8m)

Frustratingly i got caught out with both Vaughan and Adam asking for match high earner clause. So when Owen arrived on £46k p/w, it cost me! Owen 1 goal in 9 starts, now injured for 2 months.

why dont people play bamba and hobbs they both very good on fm11, even good enough for the prem

Cause they only just cut it in the Prem, It's better to get "good Premier League players" instead of "Decent Premier League players"

They more than cut it if you have trained them properly, they are nowere near there poptential ability and dont reach their best til 31-32

Hobbs is good, I'll give you that, but you can get much, much better than them once you go into the prem instead of waiting for them till they're 31-32

Currently 5th with Spurs after hald the season gone. Made the second round of the Cl, but have gone and got Real Madrid so that is a bad draw.

Wigan are bottom of the league after 19 games, with just three points! And have only scored 4 goals all season! Embarrassingly I drew 0-0 there!

On the Hobbs debate, i'm the same i dunno why so many people get rid so early in there games..

He's been awesome for me, yes eventually i will have to replace him as year by year i want even better but even so i'd still keep him on as a replacement for injured first choice CB's.. Wouldn't sell him unless i needed the money

perhaps because he isn't all that?

I've kept him on my game, but only because of the home-grown registration thing.

With most of my team now becoming home-grown (pretty much all re-gens i've signed and then graduated through the youth team) i've no need for him anymore so i'm looking to sell now.

Finished the final 10 game with Plymouth getting them upto 15th and beating most of the teams around me, got Gavin Hoyte and Will Keane on loan.

Just about to start Euro 2012, got drawn with Portugal, Serbia and Ukraine. Hoping to snek through in 2nd behind Portugal.

Finished the final 10 game with Plymouth getting them upto 15th and beating most of the teams around me, got Gavin Hoyte and Will Keane on loan.

Just about to start Euro 2012, got drawn with Portugal, Serbia and Ukraine. Hoping to snek through in 2nd behind Portugal.

Whatttttt? When you accept a club game you stay as the manager of the International team as well!? FS! I rejected about 5 different jobs because I thought I wouldn't be able to manage both at the same time :angry:

Whatttttt? When you accept a club game you stay as the manager of the International team as well!? FS! I rejected about 5 different jobs because I thought I wouldn't be able to manage both at the same time :angry:

how can you not realise that?

Couple of people on here have done that already and even in real life, hiddink took charge of chelsea temporarily while remaining russia boss.

how can you not realise that?

Couple of people on here have done that already and even in real life, hiddink took charge of chelsea temporarily while remaining russia boss.

I'm pretty sure you just look for wherever I post to have a constant dig at me :angry:

Funnily enough it doesn't say that you'd keep your job, I thought it would be like any other job offer you get, you swap team for team. So chill out, I only asked.

I'm pretty sure you just look for wherever I post to have a constant dig at me :angry:

Funnily enough it doesn't say that you'd keep your job, I thought it would be like any other job offer you get, you swap team for team. So chill out, I only asked.

Someones paranoid.

And although it doesn't say it, i'd have thought it would be common-sense that you could do both.

Even if it wasn't, surely you could have tested the water, saved the game, agreed a deal with a club and taken over. If'd you'd lost your international job you could re-load and get it back, if not you could carry on.

Someones paranoid.

And although it doesn't say it, i'd have thought it would be common-sense that you could do both.

Even if it wasn't, surely you could have tested the water, saved the game, agreed a deal with a club and taken over. If'd you'd lost your international job you could re-load and get it back, if not you could carry on.

None of the teams that offered me a job I wanted anyway :giggle:

Qualified with 6 points out of 9, losing to Portugal 3-0 and beating Serbia and Ukraine 3-1. Got France in the Quarter finals and lost 1-0 to a Cisse goal. Gutted but players didn't seem to perform.

Have signed Darby, Oakley, Tozer and Spearing all on frees so far with Plymouth. Did sell my prized asset Joe Mason for £1.4 million.

Finished 6th with Spurs in my first season. Made the club £30m profit on transfers and playing in the CL.

Arsenal keep thrashing me though, losing 6-1 in the cup at home and 4-1 at home in the league.

Managed to get out of a CL group that contained Inter and Valencia before losing 4-1 to Real Madrid on aggregate.

Brought in so many youngsters, my team average age is only like 22.

Archived