Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I think its too complicated as well, but I will still be getting it. I remember playing Championship Manager 03/04 and 5 when I was around 8. I would get through a season in a day easy and couldn't get enough of it. Now though, it takes about 3 days to do a season and thats with playing a lot. I don't want pre-match team talks or interviews with new signings and thoughts on them, I just want to sign them, set up a formation and play the matches.

Would love it if I could get a updated CM 5 with all the latest teams throughout, would suit me really well.

I know finnegan has mentioned it but my AM does all that stuff! - and more to be fair to Derek!

How you all finding it then?

My comments:

Contract negotiations are a lot more engaging and fun, though I think having to add a bucketload of bonuses when the agent asks you for the initial offer is a bit annoying.

The Match preparation screen looks very interesting, even if slightly incomprehensible. First of all it is not clear if there's any drawback to training three different tactics (does it increase training workload / is there a fixed familiarity increment per training / and is the familiarity increment divided up amongst the chosen tactics or do they all get a 'full' increment for each session), then there's no indication on what level your special foci are at (The description says choosing one are of focus will increase that particular area significantly while the others will receive 'normal' amounts of attention. I assume that this means if you choose 'none', all the areas will be given slightly HIGHER levels of attention than 'normal'? That's a bit counter-intuitive. And do these special focal areas reset after each match or is there a progression bar like the familiarity ones?).

The private chat system isn't that great really. I know its more realistic to have a talk with a player before placing them on the transfer list, but I don't want to be punished when trying to have the talk with them after I've placed them there. Same goes for putting them in the reserves. It's an old FM habit that's getting me a lot of players unhappy to the point where they don't want to talk to me any more! :P

I like the more responsive motivation messages in-match even if it's probably of limited use knowing that Dyer "is close to getting a booking". Also a thumbs up for the extra board negotiation options and the smoother 3D graphics :thumbup:

yeah but i like to be hands on, just not with the same old repetitive stuff. if i leave AM to do everything wont that eventually back fire? definitely the screen is too busy for me i've decided!

ironically Fryatt is dynamite up front on his own in a 4-5-1 formation.

Got Whittingham (excellent) St Ledger (poor), mendy (so so) and wickham (poor) in. Kakuta, Woods (meh), Coleman (sound) on loan. Oakley, Moussa (loan) out. Waggy out for 4 months. Very inconsistent but been floating between 4th and 7th last few games. Weale is poor. Left back is a tough call. not been playing Dyer much, doesn't seem all that.

Really trying to get into it but i just can't, sorry :(

It depends what attributes your AM has. If he's good at man management and motivation, the players will often react well to his team talks or press conferences. In fact, in several cases, leaving it to the AM is the safest choice as you can screw things up if you haven't figured out the system right (that's my own experience anyway). So in a way you could say that they've actually made the AM helpful, though you could question whether some of the features in the game are actually working the way they should when the limited interaction options backfires or works in a quirky or counter-intuitive way.

Regarding the business of the screen, I understand what you mean. It takes a while to get used to, but when you do you will filter out the irrelevant information. If you're a seasoned CM/FMer I'm sure you can see at a glance if a striker has the stats in the right places or if he's got useless defensive stats. The same applies to a lot of the information that's crammed into a few screens here.

My ins for Leicester maybe a few in

Peter Whittingham 2M Cardiff

Eddie Johnson 1.5M Fullham

George Elokobi 900k Wolves

Shaleum Logan 850k Man City

Ben Alnwick 450k Tottenham

Adam Le Fondre 250k Rotherham

Henri Lansbury Loan Arsenal

Bebe Loan Man United

Danny Shittu Free

Darius Vassell Free

Guillermo Franco Free

Gael Niunduiu Free

Omar Koroma Free

Simone Barone Free

Out

Matty Fryatt Stoke 2.5M Stoke

Matt Oakley 250K Leeds

Robbie Neilson 350k Millwall

Steve Howard 80k S****horpe

Aman Verma 15K Crew

i can't find a team i want to play with, i get to the end of july start of august and get bored!!!

Tottenham! Im having great fun with them, just dont blow all your budget on Luis Suarez like I did.

Tottenham! Im having great fun with them, just dont blow all your budget on Luis Suarez like I did.

I tried them but i wasn't to impressed lol.

i might plump for someone like blackpool (so holloway is out of a job) or maybe everton

Uninstalled. Just didn't find it fun. :(

Sorry to hear that :(

Sim games like FM are in a difficult position. Each year we tweak and optimise but there is always thirst and need for expansion, to help develop the game. Unfortunately along the way a few people, like yourself, then find the the game too complex. It's something that everyone at SI is aware of and one of the reasons we release the Handheld series on PSP and iPhone.

Archived